Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adrien Silva - Terms Agreed

1 hour ago, 4everfox said:

Why is Danny Drinkwater a Chelsea player when the club said he would not be sold unless Silva was brought in first? I have no reason to believe the club are at fault here else Drinkwater's transfer would have been rejected by FIFA too, because it was completed after the Silva deal right? This whole situation stinks of big club bias and corruption to me. 

Because we clearly prioritised making sure danny was sorted first, so he got done in time.

5 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

What a mess. Months of transfer window and it is still panic season at the very last minute. Should have said no to Chelsea and DD, if there was just a little doubt if we could get Silva in, and there must have been some doubt. Very harsh lessons learned and the infrastructure at the club simply have to learn from this and improve.

Well Matty James will at least get a proper chance to show what he can do at this level and I frickin hope Iborra adapt well and quickly. 

it's even worse when you realise that this is someone we tried to sign in a previous window and therefore communication channels were already open.

Interesting thing about transfer windows is that they are set by the individual leagues rather than FIFA themselves. So why does FIFA have the power to stop the deal? Surely if you let the leagues decide the days, then registering players is their decision. It's not a drop dead date for every league.

7 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

That's irrelevant, if you are looking to safeguard the future of the club, you don't go chucking the cash around. What would we have done with the midfielders we already have if Drinkwater hadn't signed and Silva did. How would we have kept them all happy. A lot of you are forgetting about Iborra..

Given we've scouted him and tracked him for the past year or two then tried to sign him last year I wouldn't cal it chucking cash around, we obviously saw something in him and obviously wanted him regardless.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Given we've scouted him and tracked him for the past year or two then tried to sign him last year I wouldn't cal it chucking cash around, we obviously saw something in him and obviously wanted him regardless.

Irrelevant again. As a said what would have happened if Drinkwater hadn't gone??

1 minute ago, Matt said:

before we signed iborra - yes. with iborra and a fit james, we couldn't have DD and AS

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Interesting thing about transfer windows is that they are set by the individual leagues rather than FIFA themselves. So why does FIFA have the power to stop the deal? Surely if you let the leagues decide the days, then registering players is their decision. It's not a drop dead date for every league.

Yes - the De Gea deal was blocked by La Liga rules NOT FIFA (as some on here have implied).

1 minute ago, BigMicky said:

Irrelevant again. As a said what would have happened if Drinkwater hadn't gone??

As I eluded to earlier, this whole situation has come about because DD put his request in far, far too late.

People on here are being too nice to DD.  If he hadn't left, we wouldn't have found ourselves in the position we do now.

He will be booed on Saturday over this because many fans will see him leaving late, and us not pushing this deal over the line in time, as his fault.  They will.  Expect boos.

6 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

But we were only signing Silva if Drinkwater went, so how did they **** this up?

How long did we have to sort a deal with Sporting/with Silva?

I think Silva was here before we even gave the go ahead for Drinkwater, so we had more time to sort it that Chelsea yet we still can't sort anything out.

Surely a deal should have been set up to give the go ahead the moment Chelsea struck the right price/deal with us.

Just now, Legend_in_blue said:

As I eluded to earlier, this whole situation has come about because DD put his request in far, far too late.

People on here are being too nice to DD.  If he hadn't left, we wouldn't have found ourselves in the position we do now.

He will be booed on Saturday over this because many fans will see him leaving late, and us not pushing this deal over the line in time, as his fault.  They will.  Expect boos.

It came about as Chelsea were trying to play hardball over the fee and they didn't have a leg to stand on. We stayed firm and got our fair price, great business practice. How about a big well done for Rudkin getting a great fee...

18 minutes ago, Matt said:

Pathetic.

I actually agree with FIFA aswell, rules are rules, deadlines are there for a reason and lines need drawing, 1 second or 14 seconds, as petty as that is.

If it was another clubs i'd be pointing and laughing, saying rules and rules, deadlines are there for a reason so i'm not gonna change that just because it's us (Apart from i'm not pointing and laughing).

Heads need to roll in our transfer department.

Not just because of this, because our history regards transfers, we are pathetic, I imagine League One clubs have a better department that us.

This isn't just Rudkin i'm aiming at, i'm not even sure I am aiming it at him, i'm aiming it at the department, the 'team', there needs to be an internal investigation, it's not just signings on the pitch that are needed but I think things need replacing off it aswell.

I was saying all the above before this, so it's not just a kneejerk reaction to this, the whole department, 'team', transfer system, policy, however you want to word it needs upgrading, improving, replacing.

Laughing, Stock.

Rules are rules, but there should also be a bit of common sense in things like this. No one's going to die or get injured and part of FIFA's aim is to promote the game of football. Well they're not going to promote the game of football by potentially penalising a player by preventing him from playing in one of their competitions although he has done nothing wrong. 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

But we were only signing Silva if Drinkwater went, so how did they **** this up?

How long did we have to sort a deal with Sporting/with Silva?

I think Silva was here before we even gave the go ahead for Drinkwater, so we had more time to sort it that them yet we still can't sort anything out.

Surely a deal should have been set up to give the go ahead the moment Chelsea struck the right price/deal with us.

What time did Chelsea agree our fee for Drinkwater? We have no idea.

Archived