Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adrien Silva - Terms Agreed

8 hours ago, BoyJones said:

Maybe so, but don't forget Chelsea had been dicking us about for days. They could have offered a realistic price (in the current crazy market) a couple of days earlier. We had to get the DD deal done first or so it seems. 

We're not still blaming Chelsea are we? They wanted Drinkwater, they signed him before the deadline and got him registered before the deadline. Why would they change their plans to allow us to bring in a replacement. Business is business and Chelsea conducted theirs within the rules/restrictions. 

8 hours ago, trabuch said:

The clock on my laptop is 1.2s slow according to time.is. So 14s is ****ing ridiculous! Does anyone know how the FIFA official measured the time? Was it on a solid gold Rolex they had got from Jack Warner? If so I think that's pretty unreliable.

I think we used Rudkin's Casio as a reference for ours. 

26 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Rules have to be stuck to.

I bet others have missed out (but not hit news), what happens if they let us off, where do you draw the line? 1 minute, 5 minutes, 1 hour, 5 hours?

It all goes to pot once you start not enforcing them.

There is noone to blame but LCFC in this fiasco.

We chose to sell drinkwater at the last minute.

We chose to not sanction silva without drinkwater cash.

We chose to not accept a lower bid for drinkwater for an earlier sale.

I know we will never all agree on the priority of been a hard arse on transfer prices, but FIFA are not to blame for our incompetence.

Also the one statement from LCFC was a lie, saying it was down to international clearance instead of late documents.

Rubbish, with a last second decision like this you draw the line with a bit of common sense. I suspect the deadline rule is put in place to try to prevent clubs forcing the price up due to last minute desperation. It's fairly obvious we weren't trying to bend the rules to suit ourselves, it's a slight error, and both clubs have made their best efforts to secure a move for the player. Nobodies at fault and the only one to suffer is the only guy who counts and that's the player.

Surely if what the Mercury is saying is true (re. The Transfer system, FIFA and the FA) then under their rules we 'submitted' before the deadline just that  the FA 'received' after the deadline? 

Pretty open and shut really? Get on it you fancy lawyers!

On 09/04/2017 at 23:00, Foxxed said:

Lol, after all those #RudkIN posts what if he sells our playmaker and accidentally gives Silva a six months sabataical at 90k a week and we spend the first half of the season commenting on Silva's trip around the world instagram posts while we cruise merrily towards relegation. I joke of course we have Mendy, Barnes, Lawrence, Drinky, Iborra the thirst for victory that will see us through.

Look at that beauty! Bang on.

16 minutes ago, Ozwin said:

If he's looking for a house then surely all is good? He obvs knows more than we do.

He is ours and it will happen just need to appeal and job done. He is after a house according the rumours so he is here to stay 

I hope this goes through but you could see this happening a mile off and even though it comes across as pedantry, I can see why FIFA are seemingly sticking to the rules. The key, as others have said, is where do you draw the line? 30 seconds? A minute? 2 minutes?

Sick of people giving Rudkin stick when they've not a clue about what actually happened and who is at fault but for me the club are responsible and no-one else. We don't know why we were waiting for the Drinky deal to be sorted but instinctively it sounds stupid. I would hope there was a reason, such as FFP, that we couldn't do Silva before Drinky.

In all of this I just feel sorry for Silva. People can say what they want about him being paid handsomely to do fvck all until Jan but that's not his fault and the bloke clearly wants to play for us. Must be frustrating. Fingers crossed common sense prevails here.

1 minute ago, pazzerfox said:

@Babylon you seem to be clued up. What's the likely scenario?

Feck knows... not many cases to refer to for likely outcome. All I can refer to is what I read about similar case, Nice cancelled their appeal before they even got a judgement. But the arbitration board set up to sot out their mess with Sporting did suggest they had a case to win the appeal had they kept going.

Archived