Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adrien Silva - Terms Agreed

Problem is, FIFA can't really afford the fall out if they let us get away with it and then something happens, like Silva scores a goal that gets us three points which ultimately send another side down. On that basis alone I can see them rejecting everything.

This is absolutely authoritarianism gone mad FFS 14 seconds anybody would've thought it was 14 hours let alone 14 seconds,  FIFA have taken incompetence into the next realm of incompetence as they are not only dealing Harshly with Leicester City but interfering with Adrien Silva's Career especially  during an important World Cup qualifying period for his country.

To say a player cannot be registered because the club was 14 seconds late it's ridiculous,  FIFA have yet again  shown a degree of corruption or incompetence this time not only unjustifiably mistreating the football club but the player himself. 

FIFA has once again become the butt of  many jokes once again they have come from corruption jokes to incompetent jokes FIFA need to get its house in order  as there are more pressing matters in the press than the so called stupid 14 second lateness what can only be an IT issue City emailed faxed whatever the transcript version on time and the fa received it later than normal and for that reason only City or Silva should not be penalised for the fa's handling of the late received item verification !

Time for FIFA to look into their own house and the financial irregularities of PSG & Man City along with a couple of the so called untouchable big clubs before penalising City for a so called  late by 14 seconds form receiving glitch absolutely pathetic FIFA why don't you just stick to doing what you do best by bringing our great sport into disripute and stick to backhanding your brown envelope brigade!!!

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Problem is, FIFA can't really afford the fall out if they let us get away with it and then something happens, like Silva scores a goal that gets us three points which ultimately send another side down. On that basis alone I can see them rejecting everything.

That's a good point, remember when there was talk about sheff utd or someone suing FIFA because they blamed the tevez and mascherano transfers for getting them relegated. 

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Can't really send a team down before January can you lol 

2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Rules are rules, but there should also be a bit of common sense in things like this. No one's going to die or get injured and part of FIFA's aim is to promote the game of football. Well they're not going to promote the game of football by potentially penalising a player by preventing him from playing in one of their competitions although he has done nothing wrong. 

Rules have to be stuck to.

I bet others have missed out (but not hit news), what happens if they let us off, where do you draw the line? 1 minute, 5 minutes, 1 hour, 5 hours?

It all goes to pot once you start not enforcing them.

There is noone to blame but LCFC in this fiasco.

We chose to sell drinkwater at the last minute.

We chose to not sanction silva without drinkwater cash.

We chose to not accept a lower bid for drinkwater for an earlier sale.

I know we will never all agree on the priority of been a hard arse on transfer prices, but FIFA are not to blame for our incompetence.

Also the one statement from LCFC was a lie, saying it was down to international clearance instead of late documents.

I don't know how the documents are submitted. But if City can prove they did submit the documents in reasonable time before the deadline and delivery to the FA was delayed, causing receipt to be late by 14 seconds, then I expect they have a decent case. But only the legal authorities would know what is reasonable. Since a two hour extension was granted I suppose this time might be quite short. If, say, 99% of documents are delivered within 10 minutes by whatever means City used, and they submitted 20 minutes before the deadline then they could argue that they could reasonably expect the documents to be delivered in time. But I don't suppose we will ever know all the facts. Should keep a few solicitors in a job for a little while!

17 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Oh like West Ham and Sheffield United? 

33 minutes ago, Babylon said:

That's why they should have let it go the first time. I also fear that the appeal will be rejected. They're indeed the "tough luck" guys. 

Archived