Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

On 04/10/2020 at 14:14, z-layrex said:

Birthing announcements are annoying.

Picture of ugly wrinkled new born baby.

Exact time of birth to the second.

Full name of baby including weird middle name.

Weight of baby.

Mum exhausted but both doing well.

In a similar vein, I have now learnt never to tell Mrs. FFF of someone having a baby.

Ooooo, lovely.  What name have they chosen? She'll ask.

Dunno. I reply.

Boy or girl?

Errr, not sure. Boy I think. (turns out it's a girl)

What weight.

No idea.

And so it goes on.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes

On 02/10/2020 at 09:21, Saxondale said:

Italians really know what they're doing when it comes to food.

However, ragu (or 'bolognese' as we incorrectly call it) is absolute crap.

Tinned tomatoes completely ruin a good pack of mince.

Bit of a contentious one this. My grandad was always of the opinion that Ragu was a tomato sauce with onions and Bolognese was a meat sauce. I think it depends who you ask. I’m of the opinion they’re both just meat sauces though really, no difference. 

If that’s your opinion though try cooking it for ages, and I mean ages and see what you think. Let the meat brown properly so it’s almost seared and then really reduce the sauce down. A good bolognese is sensational in my eyes.

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

In a similar vein, I have now learnt never to tell Mrs. FFF of someone having a baby.

Ooooo, lovely.  What name have they chosen? She'll ask.

Dunno. I reply.

Boy or girl?

Errr, not sure. Boy I think. (turns out it's a girl)

What weight.

No idea.

And so it goes on.

I'm going to admit that I have no idea what normal baby weights are. What's big what's small I haven't a ****ing clue.

Picture of ugly wrinkled new born baby.

Exact time of birth to the second.

Full name of baby including weird middle name.

Weight of baby.

Mum exhausted but both doing well.

Completely agree - other peoples' children are incredibly uninteresting. 

Same with their houses. I once went round to see some friends when they'd just moved into a new gaff. 

'Do you want to look around? '

'Er...no thanks'

'Excuse me? '

No, thanks anyway. But, you know,  I've seen houses before.'

'Sorry? '

'Well...let me guess. You've got bedrooms upstairs,  a bathroom probably, a kitchen through there.  That kind of thing? '

For some reason they took exception to my indifference. 

Probably explains why I never see them anymore. 

Thank God...

6 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

Same with their houses. I once went round to see some friends when they'd just moved into a new gaff. 

'Er...no thanks'

'Excuse me? '

'Sorry? '

'Well...let me guess. You've got bedrooms upstairs,  a bathroom probably, a kitchen through there.  That kind of thing? '

Thank God...

Women love this kind of thing though, my mate brought his missus around to mine (i had never previously met her) and she promptly started opening doors and nosing around without any invitation.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

'Er...no thanks'

'Excuse me? '

'Sorry? '

Thank God...

Oh come on I'm the most miserable git on this forum, but you've got to do the customary look round a friends new house. lol

Just now, z-layrex said:

Oh come on I'm the most miserable git on this forum, but you've got to do the customary look round a friends new house. lol

No you haven't. 

Probably explains why I haven't got any friends. 

Which, I have to say, is a state of affairs I am oddly at ease with. 

2 hours ago, Manini said:

Bit of a contentious one this. My grandad was always of the opinion that Ragu was a tomato sauce with onions and Bolognese was a meat sauce. I think it depends who you ask. I’m of the opinion they’re both just meat sauces though really, no difference. 

If that’s your opinion though try cooking it for ages, and I mean ages and see what you think. Let the meat brown properly so it’s almost seared and then really reduce the sauce down. A good bolognese is sensational in my eyes.

I've been to Bologna and tried the real thing and its miles away from anything we have over here. Much more dry and rich. 

7 minutes ago, Durnerz said:

I've been to Bologna and tried the real thing and its miles away from anything we have over here. Much more dry and rich. 

That’s what I’m saying yeah. cook the sauce for ages and really reduce it down. I’ve never been to Bologna but I imagine it’s beautiful. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Durnerz said:

We Dont eat Original vindaloo, nor anything Asian why should we spoil it by eating Original Bo!ognese...

Food dishes evolves, Indians/Asians/Italians...etc..etc Made their so called Original dishes,from a mixed pot-pourri of spices,herbs even vegetables,from the

"Old worlds". Thats how/why merchants plyed their trade...

Edited by fuchsntf

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

We Dont eat Original vindaloo, nor anything Asianwhy should we spoil it by eating Original Bo!ognese...

Food dishes evolves, Indians/Asians/Italians...etc..etc Made their so called Original dishes,from a Mixed pot-pourri of spices,herbs even vegatables,from the

"Old worlds". Thats how/why merchants ploughed their trade...

I

I see the meds are kicking in again.:D

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

No..!! Wrong.!   Its that Beautiful thought of food glorious  food.....

10 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

And I originally wrote plyed & vegetables...then hit submit..

Mate, you contribute on FT in your own way. You never have to justify yourself but sometimes what you write is quite baffling even though that's not your intention. So many times I have read your posts and been able to unpick the weird and almost unintelligible stuff you post and actually make sense of them. Don't stop. Just spell check.

You said you were originally from New Parks.

Is that NoO

pArk-cS >? 

Sorry, just poking a bit of fun. No harm intended.

Edited by Parafox

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

Mate, you contribute on FT in your own way. You never have to justify yourself but sometimes what you write is quite baffling even though that's not your intention. So many times I have read your posts and been able to unpick the weird and almost unintelligible stuff you post and actually make sense of them. Don't stop. Just spell check. 

Its only unintelligible, to the unaquainted ,  the unfortunately uninitiated those that fail to grasp

the Real English of the 11th Tribe of the jabberwocky..

We are a scorned free Roaming tribe,who will always insist...

English is the One Language that doesn't stay still & has never abided by stagnant myths of hypocritical burden....

Why who wants to be just "Another Brick in the wall"...

Sometimes we let our wocky do the jabbering....but wow ..!! When we get started our jabber can really get wocki..ng...

I mean who is this upstart "Puff. T.M.D"...

He who pleasantly allows

the Children to go innocently to bed with the

Sweet Dreams of Honahlee...

A wise World ,Shows Enlightenment

towards the poese & writings

Where borogroves are mimsy

& we bandersnatches are but frumious

So beware & honour our True tongue

because we still

Gyre & gimble in the wabe....

Non believe & Followers of outdatoed witheroed boring form

Will only

be outgrabe in the wraths of mome....

Jabberwocky is the True path...

Listen to your modern English teacher at your own peril...

Medis..rule..:bounce:

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Parafox said:

You said you were originally from New Parks.

Is that NoO

pArk-cS >? 

Sorry, just poking a bit of fun. No harm intended.

Head & nail..!!:D

19 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

We Dont eat Original vindaloo, nor anything Asian why should we spoil it by eating Original Bo!ognese...

Food dishes evolves, Indians/Asians/Italians...etc..etc Made their so called Original dishes,from a mixed pot-pourri of spices,herbs even vegetables,from the

"Old worlds". Thats how/why merchants plyed their trade...

Of course, i'm not knocking what we have over here but over there, as is the case with the dishes you've mentioned in their respective countries, the dishes in original form taste incredible due to how fresh the ingredients are. 

Picture of ugly wrinkled new born baby. - Guilty, although I maintain she's never been ugly from a position of utter bias.

Exact time of birth to the second. - Nah, I was too busy expressing my surprise at how tough to cut the cord was to notice the time.

Full name of baby including weird middle name. - Guilty.

Weight of baby. - Guilty.

Mum exhausted but both doing well. - Guilty.

Shit. What have I become?

Edited by Bilo

10 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Only if said pandemic was bad enough to make more than a little blip in the death rate.  Which this one isn't.

Oh, don't worry. The natural world has a veritable plethora of ways to cause more of a dent in that rate - some of which are being most capably assisted by humans, of course. Oh, and the cute thing about it is that there only needs to be a certain amount of pressure put on a population where a resource is difficult to obtain and mankind might even well do much of the job for the Earth. :thumbup: