Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/10/2020 at 13:16, Bilo said:

Calling the PM 'Boris' is pandering to the phony brand he's built for himself.

I didn't call his predecessors Theresa, David, Gordon and Tony so I won't call Johnson 'Boris.' 

He's not your mate down the pub, he's a politician. And a shit one to boot.

Yep. Compare this to the standard "Corbyn" too.

1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said:

Weddings. Why bother? You're just paying for other people and to appease your Missus. All you need is £50 down the registry office, then spend 3 grand on a big fvck off holiday.

I always see this argument but it's literally a day about yourself. Probably the one of the biggest of your life. If you wanna go all out then fair play but if you wanna do it in a registry office then also fair play. I don't think there's a right or wrong, it's just what the people on the day want.

• Like 4

On 05/10/2020 at 17:03, Manini said:

Bit of a contentious one this. My grandad was always of the opinion that Ragu was a tomato sauce with onions and Bolognese was a meat sauce. I think it depends who you ask. I’m of the opinion they’re both just meat sauces though really, no difference. 

If that’s your opinion though try cooking it for ages, and I mean ages and see what you think. Let the meat brown properly so it’s almost seared and then really reduce the sauce down. A good bolognese is sensational in my eyes.

Agree.

Try this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/anauthenticragubolog_66229

Not by an Italian and takes an age but it's sensational.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I always see this argument but it's literally a day about yourself. Probably the one of the biggest of your life. If you wanna go all out then fair play but if you wanna do it in a registry office then also fair play. I don't think there's a right or wrong, it's just what the people on the day want.

how very dare you..!!   Anybody but anybody who posts on this forum has had only one biggest day in their life.....

And that is without debate or rebute...That day was the Day...when our captain big Wes Morgan Lifted the PL Trophy....

In fact we had 38 biggest Days that season....

Osteriches..will be Knocking  on your door..& Drag you to our leader at the Foxes lear...

ps..of you want to do it in the Registry office,all well & good, but be careful of Cold door knobs, splinters on old rough tables & those damn pencil-holders.

PS    with Covid,  less chance of getting caught in the Broom-cupboard....:ill:

Edited by fuchsntf

I didn't call his predecessors Theresa, David, Gordon and Tony so I won't call Johnson 'Boris.' 

We used to call Thatcher Maggie.So this isn’t a first.

• Like 1

On 06/10/2020 at 15:10, Bilo said:

Corbynistas would rather see Starmer fail than Boris Johnson be deposed.

Biggest problem with labour under corbyn. To over simplifiy. The average person who is likley to vote in the UK is Naturally around the center when it comes to political leaning but at the same time is mostly working class so they will suck up to the financial benefits the left bring but at the same time would want them to be kept in check to not violate their core pricipals that probably align more with the conservatives hence why center left is the way to go to purely win an election. Its why blair got into power. Labour chosing to only appeal to the left and far left will not win them an election. Simply because the UK outside urban areas just doesn't have a leftist view of the world. Unless if maybe in 30 years the young still vote the same way they do now which historically they don't. They tend to be come more right leaning with age.

Edited by Fightforever
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Fightforever said:

Biggest problem with labour under corbyn. To over simplifiy. The average person who is likley to vote in the UK is Naturally around the center when it comes to political leaning but at the same time is mostly working class so they will suck up to the financial benefits the left bring but at the same time would want them to be kept in check to not violate their core pricipals that probably align more with the conservatives hence why center left is the way to go to purely win an election. Its why blair got into power. Labour chosing to only appeal to the left and far left will not win them an election. Simply because the UK outside urban areas just doesn't have a leftist view of the world. Unless if maybe in 30 years the young still vote the same way they do now which historically they don't. They tend to be come more right leaning with age.

Tbf we've learned a lot about preventing the onset of neurodegenerative diseases in the past couple of decades.

21 minutes ago, Bob Farley said:

I absolutely hate the term biking. 

You go walking, not shoeing. You go cycling, not biking.

I don’t know why and I know it’s my issue but it’s always bothered me 🙃

What's your opinion on "footing it" or "caring it" (said like car-ing, not how you'd normally pronounce caring)?

Bozzer or Tosser

On 08/10/2020 at 20:16, Bilo said:

On 23/10/2020 at 23:55, Fox92 said:

Yep. Compare this to the standard "Corbyn" too.

Australia's PM, Scott Morrison, is known as @Scomo (his twitter handle)

He has been sold as the "daggy dad" just like all the rest of us Meanwhile he has locked up innocent refugees on prison island for SEVEN years. He recently sent a family to prison island even though the entire community they were living in begged him to not do it (cruel, plus costing literally hundreds of millions of $$).

But hey Scomo's great....and the gullible drink it up. :mad:

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Bob Farley said:

But you can go boating.  You can also go skiing, rafting, kayaking, parachuting, tobogganing, hang gliding, ballooning...

I think your argument is starting to unravel, which is probably a good thing.  You should let this go.

You're welcome.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Bob Farley said:

As both a mountain bike enthusiast and a fella who rides a motorbike I more associate the term biker Or biking with motorcycles rather than pedal cycles.