Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

8 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

I'll chill out watching 'A year in the wild' and you can unwind to 'Me and my penis' :P

Or I can watch Cats Does Countdown and Travel Man, and you watch Can't Pay? Well Take It Away and a Neighbours/Home & Away double bill. 

I mean I've just looked at 5's schedule today and there's nothing that I'd watch unless I was being paid. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Or I can watch Cats Does Countdown and Travel Man, and you watch Can't Pay? Well Take It Away and a Neighbours/Home & Away double bill. 

I mean I've just looked at 5's schedule today and there's nothing that I'd watch unless I was being paid. 

Ermm, Bargain Loving Brits In The Sun is one of the greatest ever pieces of television mastery I'll have you know.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bert said:

Converse are absolutely terrible 

Also those trainers with the really big heel, that come back off the back off your heel by like 2 or 3 inches. Don't get it, but then im pushing mid-30's now so maybe I'm just not cool anymore.

2 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Hopefully Travel Man will improve by Ayoade slinging his hook, I like him and virtually everything he's ever done but his "unwilling participant" schtick doesn't work for a travel show, it makes him look like a rude dickhead. 

I've been watching reruns of this recently, got through loads. I like Ayoade but it comes across to me as though he's more of a character in it.

16 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I've been watching reruns of this recently, got through loads. I like Ayoade but it comes across to me as though he's more of a character in it.

It's the same persona he has on panel shows and stuff isn't it, doesn't translate too badly on those but it wears a bit thin on Travel Man for me. He does well with the majority of his guests which helps.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Hopefully Travel Man will improve by Ayoade slinging his hook, I like him and virtually everything he's ever done but his "unwilling participant" schtick doesn't work for a travel show, it makes him look like a rude dickhead. 

Agreed.

In contrast I think the Misadventures of Romesh Ranganathan strikes a great balance between dryness, being funny, and being respectful of the destination.

12 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

10 hours ago, Fox92 said:

10 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

It's the same persona he has on panel shows and stuff isn't it, doesn't translate too badly on those but it wears a bit thin on Travel Man for me. He does well with the majority of his guests which helps.

Yeah it's got a bit stale with him there. He's almost become the passenger in the show alongside the celeb he's with. Good fun watching it but would work better if he was replaced.

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

Agreed.

In contrast I think the Misadventures of Romesh Ranganathan strikes a great balance between dryness, being funny, and being respectful of the destination.

21 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

100% mate, the Bosnia ep of Romesh's show was brilliant

Romesh and his programme are quality. Is the Bosnia one where he went underground to a real-life war house and was almost pissing himself at the guy showing him round lol 

I loved the South Africa one. Got quite moving when that race dispute about Cecil Rhodes got going.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I thought Joe Lycett was signed sealed delivered to replace him? Have I dreamt that or did it fall through or something, I might have imagined it.

Lycett is as bad for flogging a dead horse by deliberately being obstinate to customer service workers for cheap laughs 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stadt said:

Lycett is as bad for flogging a dead horse by deliberately being obstinate to customer service workers for cheap laughs 

Yeah his consumer show is bollocks, almost painful - but I think he's good value conversationally and could work pretty well hosting Travel Man. Think he was a guest on it a while back.

12 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Yeah his consumer show is bollocks, almost painful - but I think he's good value conversationally and could work pretty well hosting Travel Man. Think he was a guest on it a while back.

He was - did Amsterdam. 

I used to watch Travel Man religiously. Then I started watching Bourdian on Netflix, never been back. 

• Like 3