Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nugent

Pre Match Thread - Liverpool Home (League)

28 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Never really too bothered by the stats ...    our record of winning the prem league was pretty sh1t upto a couple of years ago ...   :)

But nothing would surprise me ...

By definition, stat variation law is an unreliable indicator !!!

one thing that Tuesday showed that if you intend playing slim for crosses into the box then you need to find a way of getting hold of the ball so you can work it out wide - first half we couldn't get the ball so it was irrelevant whether it was bobby kellard or iwan up there !!

Got a feeling Liverpool are going to be up for this, we have got to be at it today from the start, manager/ players, tea lady the lot.

Just have a feeling if we start slow like we did Tuesday, Liverpool won't be as forgiving and a good hiding is coming our way, I hope I'm wrong, call it nerves/ bad feeling, just not confident going into this.

That probably means we win 2-0 lol 

37 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

You'd like to think so eh. 

This isn't a cup game. Obvious the side's going to be

Kasper

Simpson

Morgan

Maguire

Fuchs/Chilwell

Albrighton

Ndidi

King/Iborra

Mahrez

Ineanacho 

Slimani/Vardy 

Subs

Hamer, Dragovic, Amartey, King/Iborra, Grey, Okazaki, Vardy/Slimani 

Depending on whether Fuchs and Vardy are fit to go or not.

46 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Why are people talking about Ulloa?

He doesn't even make the bench let alone start.

He’s definitely at least on the bench. Tracksuit and all in the mascot photo on Instagram. 

2 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

So Silmani / Shinji up front?

Dunno mate, possibly... could be completely wrong just don’t see why Leo would be in squad unless JV is Injured. We’ll see in ten mins.

I guess If Musa has been on the bench but played last night it could be that Leo is taking that spot? 

We have to congest the middle and choke out Coutinho, while at the same time nullifying their wingers, so an extra man in the middle would be good.  

I'd like to see us pressuring their full backs too, so 433 would be optimal, with Gray and Mahrez and Vards in the middle.  I love Marc but just think he will killed for pace against Alexander Arnold.  

If we keep compact, I think we can take em

UPDATE....

But of course it is 442.... 

Archived