Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nugent

Pre Match Thread - Liverpool Home (League)

7 hours ago, Bert said:

I'd love to see this tomorrow. 

Kasper 

Simpson

Fuchs

Morgan

Maguire

Albrighton

Iborra

N'Didi

Mahrez

Vardy 

Gray

I think Albrighton would be a very effective central midfielder, he can tackle, works hard and creates. This would stop us being outnumbered in the middle and we'd still have our attacking impotus with that front three. Of course I'm not naive enough to think this would ever happen and the team will more than likely be the one that everyone predicts. I just feel this is a very good alternative especially against the teams that are going to dominate. 

I believe we should start shinji he will cause problems to a weak Liverpool defence and also start gray  over Albrighton imo 

Guest seanfox778
33 minutes ago, demon_dog said:

Might have known being on Foxes Talk.

I expected something far more constructive!

Still you may ask for some advice  and get a load of bullshit in reply.

570D87CA-0A7E-4D6D-BF43-35D88C289637.jpeg

This will be an interesting contest for sure.  Our Shit midfield against their shit defence.  If Vardy is fit, and we can nullify their quality in attack we stand every chance of a victory.  First goal will be crucial in this.  If they get it their confidence will grow, if we get it their weak defence could capitulate.  I am praying Henderson and Oxlade Chamberlain both play for them.  Both are shit.  Main concern is Coutinho cos until he was subbed in midweek he was running the show.  Been on their forums they are not confident in their defence and are shitting themselves re Vardy.  Lets hope he is fit.

We may need to match Liverpool with 3 in midfield,do we start Shinji and ask him to play deep or start King,with the option to bring Shinji on later?

Albrighton in a 3 may work but against Liverpool he will be more use wide. One option is for the wide men to play on their natural side rather than 'wrong foot' sides.Riyad could test young Alexander-Arnold and MA could help nullify the threat of Coutinho on Liverpool 's left.

15 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Should is not the same as definite. Look at the dictionary (and indeed history) and then get back to me. 

Plus, we're not a top 10 team are we? 

IMO we're at least top 8. But if you want to believe that we're going to lose to every lower league team we play, go ahead. It happens occasionally but as I said it's not the norm.

16 hours ago, suffolk fox said:

I for one do not believe either Inheanacho or Slimani are better players they both are completely different types of player.

I guess Messi is not a better player than me - we are completely different types of player - and I mean completely.

5 minutes ago, FIF said:

IMO we're at least top 8. But if you want to believe that we're going to lose to every lower league team we play, go ahead. It happens occasionally but as I said it's not the norm.

I guess Messi is not a better player than me - we are completely different types of player - and I mean completely.

You really don't know how to debate properly do you?

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

You really don't know how to debate properly do you?

That's a bit of a kettle pot black statement.

The debate is finished. No-one needs to go around in circles. I think we're a top 8 team and that we should beat a championship team at home in the League cup. You don't think we're a top 8 team and think we could easily lose to a championship team at home in the league cup. Different opinions, not a problem. Moved on.

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

See us winning this then losing to Bournemouth ...      the usual rollercoaster ..  :)

In the league

Our form bournemouth A

WDL

Our form lpool H

LWW

funnily enough, stat variation law says a loss today and a win next week more likely than the other way around. My generally half full outlook when it comes to my football team says two losses !! 

10 minutes ago, FIF said:

That's a bit of a kettle pot black statement.

I think we're a top 8 team and that we should beat a championship team at home in the League cup. You don't think we're a top 8 team and think we could easily lose to a championship team at home in the league cup. 

Wow, talk about putting words in my mouth. I was actually taking issue with the word 'definite' - of course we should beat Leeds. As for history (again, you ignore anything I say that shows your use of language or debating skills up), there are numerous examples of lower league teams defeating top 10 opposition. So there's absolutely nothing DEFINITE about the outcome, although we ought to be heavy favourites.

As for your nonsense about Top 8, whatever you might wish for, we finished 12th last season and are currently lower half.  That's fact.

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

In the league

Our form bournemouth A

WDL

Our form lpool H

LWW

funnily enough, stat variation law says a loss today and a win next week more likely than the other way around. My generally half full outlook when it comes to my football team says two losses !! 

Never really too bothered by the stats ...    our record of winning the prem league was pretty sh1t upto a couple of years ago ...   :)

But nothing would surprise me ...

Play a 3 man midfield, iborra and n'didi sitting deep and okazaki to man mark coutinho (bring kingy on at the 60 minute mark to do the same)

This is slimani's game, we can't out-talent them so we should drag them into a slugfest, slow the tempo and abuse their CBs with crosses!

The club bought slimani for this reason! Clog the middle and send n'didi to clean the midfield like last season's game. Last year (if I remember correctly) kantè and n'didi got double digit tackles against pool.

Drop mahrez and and play albrighton/gray there with chilwell on the other side to man-mark salah and help fuchs.

......or play 4-4-2 and win against pool per usual lol

Hope RM has a blinder today, every one of these sort of games is vital for him now if he’s ever going to get that move he wants and that could really work in our advantage in the short run. 

Albrighton is definitely out of form but these are the sort of games he turns up in and could end up in a good run of form so I’d be tempted to stick with him... be nice to have all three in with Gray playing off JV/Slim but won’t happen

18 hours ago, Bert said:

I'd love to see this tomorrow. 

Kasper 

Simpson

Fuchs

Morgan

Maguire

Albrighton

Iborra

N'Didi

Mahrez

Vardy 

Gray

I think Albrighton would be a very effective central midfielder, he can tackle, works hard and creates. This would stop us being outnumbered in the middle and we'd still have our attacking impotus with that front three. Of course I'm not naive enough to think this would ever happen and the team will more than likely be the one that everyone predicts. I just feel this is a very good alternative especially against the teams that are going to dominate. 

Interesting to hear someone else say this, I've been telling my old man that Albrighton has everything to be a tidy central midfielder for a while. 

Matip and Lovren likely to start. Matip is a decent player but I don't really rate Lovren. Moreno at left back is liability. If we have a go at them we will score. I just hope we don't start so negative like we did midweek and against Huddersfield.

Archived