Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Claude Puel - Contender

1 minute ago, Old Fox said:

This would be so underwhelming as an appointment.

I am led to believe that the owners have a target which is more ambitious although Puel maybe Plan B - I for one would be disappointed with Puel as he was very dull and very inflexible at The Saints plus he would definitely change the style completely which I think in the short term will be a challenge.

Hopefully he is one of a number with Pellegrini the top target!

To be fair mate

4-2-3-1 is hardly a stretch from 4-4-1-1 is it.... it literally just requires two DM's to sit further back and our wingers to sit further forward... we're basically there.

In fact we pretty much played it against Swansea

It's worth pointing out Southampton are definitely worse this season than they were with him.

I'm not totally against it, we haven't been good to watch for about 18 months anyway so I'm not sure why everyone's crying about that

Just now, AjcW said:

To be fair mate

4-2-3-1 is hardly a stretch from 4-4-1-1 is it.... it literally just requires two DM's to sit further back and our wingers to sit further forward... we're basically there.

In fact we pretty much played it against Swansea

Absolutely bang on! If I could give you post of the day I would!

16 minutes ago, Everygamefox said:

Yes but the Puel is tactically on a another planet to Shakey and does not have loyalty to any players.

southampton schooled us in both games last season!

Haha I think you forget the boring 0-0 at home with them last season and let’s face it everybody was thrashing us away! lol 

For the record, I wouldn't be too upset if we got Claude as our next manager. 

I think some of the criticism he took last season is incredibly subjective.

"too defensive" - don't think the stats really show that (barring the mini goal drought - this isn't the fault of the manager, anyways!)

"what's he won" - quite a good record, actually. Decent win percentage.

"Boring mid table football" - be quite happy to finifh 8th and get to a cup final! Also, there's no way any manager could make City 'boring' again! We just don't do that dull thing anymore, under the current regime.

12 minutes ago, Wdywd said:

It's worth pointing out Southampton are definitely worse this season than they were with him.

I'm not totally against it, we haven't been good to watch for about 18 months anyway so I'm not sure why everyone's crying about that

Also they've only scored 8 goals so far this season too.

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Soton were a possession based side and he continued that style. He had limited options up front. 

I wouldnt assume he would impose any specific style here other than ask the players to try and pass the ball to a fellow LCFC player 

If he asks that he will be sacked by Christmas 

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I was firmly against the idea at first.

Now I think it'll be a 'meh' appointment.

Would still prefer someone like Pellegrini but I accept it'd be a bit far fetched.

I think Pellegrini would be like Sven ie just coming for the money!

he is currently in China with a 36 million contract!

if we buy that out then top is batshit crazy 

he is nothing even close to worth that.

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

I don't get why out of any of the candidates being mentioned (apart from some people disliking his personality) we should be looking any further than Dyche! Suits our squad perfectly and believe he could be a top manager with the extra resources

Id take Dyche but I don’t think top will offer him the job

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

I don't get why out of any of the candidates being mentioned (apart from some people disliking his personality) we should be looking any further than Dyche! Suits our squad perfectly and believe he could be a top manager with the extra resources

I agree with this. Dyche will go on to be a top manager at a club with bigger resources. 

We're the perfect fit for him imo - close to home/family, medium size club, bit more resource for him.

I'm sure with the extra quality at his disposal he has the brains and the skills to get our team playing more attractively than people think.

He's doing a top job at Burnley with limited resources and mostly Championship quality players.

I've moaned in the past about his gravelly voice and moaning about pound notes but you can see why he makes those comments tbh. I'm sure that'd all dry up if he moved here. 

He has the right spirit / character to take up up a notch or two. 

Interestingly in Koemans first season Southampton got 7 more goals than Puels side.... helped by an 8-0 win at Sunderland lol 

Poch in his final season also got the same as Koeman with 54 goals, again only 7 more.

It might all be a matter of perception, Southampton under Koeman and Poch lost games by 3 or 4 goals a fair few times... the thing is because 'they gave it a go' fans remember that more fondly than Puel squeezing draws out of Liverpool and Arsenal.

What are the reasons for anyone rating Dyche above Puel?

Dyche has a couple of promotions which are obviously good, but not sure why you'd argue Puel puts out boring teams but Dyche doesn't. Burnley scored less than Southampton last year and only 28(!) the last time they were in the league.

2 minutes ago, Wdywd said:

What are the reasons for anyone rating Dyche above Puel?

Dyche has a couple of promotions which are obviously good, but not sure why you'd argue Puel puts out boring teams but Dyche doesn't. Burnley scored less than Southampton last year and only 28(!) the last time they were in the league.

BECAUSE HE'S YOUNG AND INGERLISH AND HAS PASHUNNNN

Archived