Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Claude Puel - Contender

16 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Yeah but who's to say he can do that again? That's like saying Guardiola coming to Leicester and saying we'd take a Champions League win, but it'd never work

This. Wrong man, wrong place.

It's not so much about 1 season in a managers career as it is about style of play etc.

37 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Yeah but who's to say he can do that again? That's like saying Guardiola coming to Leicester and saying we'd take a Champions League win, but it'd never work

Who's to say he can't do it again?

It really does work both ways. I really don't understand the meltdown on this. Ranieri was shit at Greece and won the Premier League. People can't and shouldn't really just go off a guy's last managerial work. Leicester fans, of all fans, should know better than that. 

He's certainly not as bad as some of the other shite names circling around.

22 minutes ago, Wdywd said:

What are the reasons for anyone rating Dyche above Puel?

Dyche has a couple of promotions which are obviously good, but not sure why you'd argue Puel puts out boring teams but Dyche doesn't. Burnley scored less than Southampton last year and only 28(!) the last time they were in the league.

19 minutes ago, AjcW said:

BECAUSE HE'S YOUNG AND INGERLISH AND HAS PASHUNNNN

Because he built the team he brought up them up and kept them up on a tight budget. He's kept improving that team and he's known as a good man manager. Puel took over a team that finished 6th and then became significantly worse, got sacked for falling out with players and his style. There are mitigating factors in Puel doing worse, as he did lose players but there is a good case for Dyche being better suited over just "Ingerllish Pashuuun".

8 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

I assume he's learned to speak English now then?

Or am I confusing his lack of bilingual talent with Walter Mazzerazi (spell check needed)

32 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Apart from the fact that 8th place and league cup final are realistic

3 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Not an inspiring appointment in my opinon, but will reseve judgement.

One thing is for sure, I'm glad we don't have to watch Dyche's percentage hoofball and bringing in great English lads for the rest of this year at Leicester.

Yeah we want a load of foreign flops.

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Because he built the team he brought up them up and kept them up on a tight budget. He's kept improving that team and he's known as a good man manager. Puel took over a team that finished 6th and then became significantly worse, got sacked for falling out with players and his style. There are mitigating factors in Puel doing worse, as he did lose players but there is a good case for Dyche being better suited over just "Ingerllish Pashuuun".

Was a little tongue in cheek babs! I'd be happy with either to be honest.

The players will be straight onto riyad and slim to check him out with papy. 

I expect papy will give him a good reference 

Soton schooled us twice last season - chill out ffs. He wouldn’t come here to bore us to death. He needs a positive experience for his career going forward ....

37 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

We're similar sized clubs with similar ambitions. So 8th place and a cup final is the same level / pretty realistic.

Puel is a better version of Dyche for me. I like Dyche, he's done well to build Burnley up for Puel has more about him.

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The players will be straight onto riyad and slim to check him out with papy. 

I expect papy will give him a good reference 

Soton schooled us twice last season - chill out ffs. He wouldn’t come here to bore us to death. He needs a positive experience for his career going forward ....

Fair point that they looked really good when they played at our place last year. Good in possession and should have won.

I just hope he is a bit more outgoing in his manner and his football if he comes. Seemed last season like a boring bloke with a boring team.

Just now, los dedos said:

Are people judging him on one season at Southampton ?Anyone know how he was seen in France in regards to style of play?

Not style of play but I think he took Lyon to the semi's of the Champions League.

Archived