Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Claude Puel - Contender

I don't think ESPN are reliable. Looking at their stuff over the summer they were wrong about our transfer dealings. I still think looking back at previous appointments in regards to the Thais they keep things very close to their chest. The same goes for transfer dealings. I still think they will pull something out of the bag a left field signing. I do think a lot of stuff is speculation and some of it is misinformation to distract from real targets. I think we will get a big name manager. I could be well off the mark of course but just going by previous names they've targeted.

22 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

We're similar sized clubs with similar ambitions. So 8th place and a cup final is the same level / pretty realistic.

Puel is a better version of Dyche for me. I like Dyche, he's done well to build Burnley up for Puel has more about him.

You can't credit him too much with an 8th placed finish seems as it was only a six points separating 8th and 17th. A couple of wins reversing to losses and you say Southampton stayed up by the skin of their teeth in 17th place.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016–17_Premier_League

Just now, Gerard said:

You can't credit him too much with an 8th placed finish seems as it was only a six points separating 8th and 17th. A couple of wins reversing to losses and you say Southampton stayed up by the skin of their teeth in 17th place.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016–17_Premier_League

But that didn't happen.

1 hour ago, Leamington Fox said:

Er...it was not boring in the slightest and not even mid-table.  I think it was three consecutive top ten finishes, a couple of League Cups and forays into Europe.  Is this your best point?

Puel 8th and a league cup final. Hardly too dissimilar is it.

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

It's not necessarily that, it's just the style of play, we aren't a squad built for short passing football, and our owners want success quick and now, Puel won't get the time he'll need to change us around to play his style

In that's the case then the club will never progress.

16 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Because you're pushing "he finished lower than Koeman" in the foreground. I wonder how Koeman would have managed it whilst losing the half of his starters.

I'm using facts, he finished lower and finished about 17 points better off. I'm not really sure how I could be any fairer than dealing in actual facts.

16 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

No, he's at a club where he likes to keep the status quo as is because it gives him an excuse for failure and limited expectations, and thus, job safety.

Lets be honest, if Burnley went down with 30 points this year would they get rid? Nope, because it'd be spun as 'reality hits for poor little Burnley' and off goes Dyche to the Championship again with his parachute payments in the bank pointing at every other teams spending around him.

Massively fraud of a manager who cares more about his own reputation than actually moving a club forward

What a load of rubbish, you think he wouldn't spend money if given it by the board. Give over.

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

It's not necessarily that, it's just the style of play, we aren't a squad built for short passing football, and our owners want success quick and now, Puel won't get the time he'll need to change us around to play his style

Our style has to evolve at some point. If not gradually now then when? Dyche would get us mid table by playing the current rubbish we are serving up whilst Puel would likely also get us mid table whilst trying get the team to evolve a little gradually. 

I'm bored of percentage football. I'd rather be bored with pointless possession than be bored with aimless hoofing.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'm using facts, he finished lower and finished about 17 points better off. I'm not really sure how I could be any fairer than dealing in actual facts.

You're not considering the fact that Puel's team was significantly weaker. So no, I don't think it's a fair comparison.

Just now, ZeGuy said:

You're not considering the fact that Puel's team was significantly weaker. So no, I don't think it's a fair comparison.

FFS It was in post original post that he had mitigating circumstances having lost players. :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

It is necessarily that, though.

If we do not evolve even a little bit we will continue with this dross long ball football we find ourselves playing at the moment. 

We cannot continue to employ a "long ball to Vardy" tactic, or else we'll go nowhere, fast.

1 minute ago, Adster said:

If we do not evolve even a little bit we will continue with this dross long ball football we find ourselves playing at the moment. 

We cannot continue to employ a "long ball to Vardy" tactic, or else we'll go nowhere, fast.

Especially given the fact he has quite clearly lost a yard with his ongoing injury... not that anyone wants to talk about that :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Adster said:

Thank you!!!

Archived