Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Claude Puel - Contender

I'd prefer Puel over Dyche. Dyche has proven himself to be a good manager, but think he would be too similar to what we had. I don't think we got rid of Shakespeare because we were scared of going down, but because we are expecting to be challenging for Europe. I don't see Dyche as a big upgrade on CS. He's solid but not spectacular, though he might yet prove to be.

Puel is more risky, but with more continental style players in the team and squad these days,  I think he has better potential. It was a long time ago, but his Lille team were pretty damned good.

In an ideal world I'd prefer someone else instead of either of those two. But with Pellegrini supposedly on a 9M a year contract, I don't think he's a realistic option now.

I do think he would be a good appointment. I just don't see us getting the big name that most seem to want. I can't see us getting dyche because surely we would have made the move for him by now even if rudkin is involved in it. Obviously I didn't see a lot of southampton last season but from other posts could it be that puel realisied there limitations and towards the end made them difficult to beat. I think what youve got to ask is will he be better than Shakespeare and I would say yes. Tactically he would be and also he wouldnt have his favourites. 

There’s only onnnnneeee Claude Puel

Onnnnneeee Claude Puel

Some think he’s shite

Some think he’s alright 

Walking in a Puel wonderland 

:scarf:

On the face of it seems uninspiring but I think the owners just want someone who can maximize the potential of the players we already have. Both Puel and Dyche could do that. Given that we have more attacking, flair players than Southampton it might not necessarily be boring, but it should at least be more solid. Is Puel really a big name tho if that's what the owners are after? For some reason I just don't see this happening. 

33 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

But that didn't happen.

I'm aware it didn't happen but there was a gnat's knacker between 8th and 17th. We finished 12th but could have easily finished 8th on the last day of the season. 

My point is I wouldn't give Puel too much credit for finishing 8th when six points less could have been 17th. 

55 minutes ago, Babylon said:

What a load of rubbish, you think he wouldn't spend money if given it by the board. Give over.

He'd spend it sure but still try to claim that he's operating with his hands tied, not the market leaders, all that crap. Dyche like to have millions of excuses ready for failure and never take responsibility himself.

Will be fascinating if he gets the Everton job how he deals with actual expectation and not being able to create a siege mentality of being the underdogs.

I suspect he wouldn't take anything like that as he'd be exposed for the fraud he is.

4 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Garry Monk for me would be better and I also like Chris Wilder.

Also Pearson of course :ph34r:

Monk failed at Leeds and is performing v poorly with a good boro squad

wilder has no form at this level though he could be anything in he future

nige ain’t coming back unless we go down 

2 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

We someone who will give them a rocket up there arse when needed. This guy can hardly speak English never mind do that. What a boring appointment if it happens and he'll be gone in 12-18 months if it does.

About average tenure for the Foxes in recent years.....

Archived