Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Claude Puel - Contender

Just now, 1969 said:

And Houllier won a few trophies at Liverpool.

perhaps the question should be when are English managers ever successful in this country ?

Joe Royle in about 1995.

23 minutes ago, steveherbe said:

A Frenchman? Oh well, at least we know that as soon as we are attacked by an inferior enemy, we'll be marching defiantly backwards until there is nowhere to go. A bloody Frenchman, sacre bleu!

When have the French ever capitulated in the face of an inferior enemy?

Love it how people warm to the idea of Dyche coming and he’ll end up playing a poor style of football but the thought of Puel coming and playing a poor style it’s a disaster. It’s almost like English football has become the new continental football. 

2 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

When have the French ever capitulated in the face of an inferior enemy?

Trafalgar. :whistle:

(by inferior enemy I mean in terms of fleet size of course, not that they were pitted against the greatest naval commander and naval tactician of all-time).

7 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Love it how people warm to the idea of Dyche coming and he’ll end up playing a poor style of football but the thought of Puel coming and playing a poor style it’s a disaster. It’s almost like English football has become the new continental football. 

Difference between someone coming up with a team they built, keeping them up, then improving them the next season on a small budget. And someone taking over a team that finished 6th, only scoring two goals more than Burnley and gaining 17 points less than they did the season before.

One team on an upward curve, the other a downwards one. One built a team, one didn't. One just sacked for falling out with players and producing dull as dishwater stuff... the other looking likely to move on to better things.

It's not just about the football.

If Puel had injury problems there, which it seems they did then fair enough there are mitigating circumstances.

7 hours ago, Daggers said:

"Wahwahwah I pay money because I'm a gambler and shit to get the good tips on my gambling shit and my guy says that..."

horse_shit.jpg

Wow- You need to change your choice of eateries.

Strange appointment if it happens

however, if you look at Southampton’s managers over the last few years most have done fairly well there and are still in decent jobs 

i think we we should go all out to get Brendon Rodgers 

I know most are saying words like "uninspiring" a lot, but would the owners see him as a safe option? Someone who, yes wouldn't light the Premier League to Ranieri's levels, but would stablise us as a Prem side on a regular basis? So in turn, not having to cope with relegation battles just be safe in mid/higher mid table for a few seasons? May not be entertaining exciting, but would get results, but not to the WBA standards. Now that would be terrible!

I'm not saying it's the right appointment, as I'm still undecided, however it may be the "safe" option we need at the moment?

5 minutes ago, LCFCABC said:

Strange appointment if it happens

however, if you look at Southampton’s managers over the last few years most have done fairly well there and are still in decent jobs 

i think we we should go all out to get Brendon Rodgers 

lol

Archived