Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Claude Puel - Contender

All betting suspended looks like weve chosen the "french tony pullis", i doubt the majority of fans will react quietly to this appointment, he wasnt my last choice (there were a few lower ie Pardew Sherwood etc), but i wasnt happy about Ranieri and that worked ok, i only hope Apppleton stays to prevent a defensive ten man defence for home games

I'd take either Dyche or Puel. There's a case to be made for both. Fair enough Puel might be underwhelming to some of you but you'd think he took Saints down last year with some of the reactions on here. 

2 minutes ago, dpjfox said:

All betting suspended looks like weve chosen the "french tony pullis", i doubt the majority of fans will react quietly to this appointment, he wasnt my last choice (there were a few lower ie Pardew Sherwood etc), but i wasnt happy about Ranieri and that worked ok, i only hope Apppleton stays to prevent a defensive ten man defence for home games

We've played turgid garbage for over 12 months now. It's not like we are playing free flowing football at the moment and Puel is here to ruin that. The comparison to Pulis is mental.

12 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Not an inspiring appointment in my opinon, but will reseve judgement.

One thing is for sure, I'm glad we don't have to watch Dyche's percentage hoofball and bringing in great English lads for the rest of this year at Leicester.

You seem to forget that 'great english lads', Morgan, Drinkwater, Vardy, Albrighton are what made up the spine of our team that won the PL? 

I'm not saying that every English player is going to be great but I'm not quite sure I understand the argument against buying good English players who fit the ethos of our team?

It's done us pretty well in the past. 

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

I'd take either Dyche or Puel. There's a case to be made for both. Fair enough Puel might be underwhelming to some of you but you'd think he took Saints down last year with some of the reactions on here. 

Expect more ambition from our owners tbf

26 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Because he built the team he brought up them up and kept them up on a tight budget. He's kept improving that team and he's known as a good man manager. Puel took over a team that finished 6th and then became significantly worse, got sacked for falling out with players and his style. There are mitigating factors in Puel doing worse, as he did lose players but there is a good case for Dyche being better suited over just "Ingerllish Pashuuun".

Unfair. He lost the best players of the team (sold: Mane, Wanyama (Liverpool), Fonté (West Ham); injured: Pied, Austin and Van Dijk (long term), Gabbiadini and Bertrand (short term). How was he supposed to play a good, "attractive" football? Even more so in his first PL season?

He's in fact very similar to Dyche and it's no surprise both ended in the short list. I'm not thrilled by either of them but it can't be worse than Shakespeare or any other names actually thrown out (Pellegrini, M. Silva, Ancelotti and Benitez not being considered as a realistic option).

10 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Not what I was saying. He's a little UKIP like in his recruitment policy though, thinks that only the English boys have the pashun and determination needed for the PL

He's also at a club that doesn't have the infrastructure in place for much more than that lets not forget. He's signed Defour and the icelandic fella... plus, if it works does it really matter? We of all people should know what players with the right attitude can achieve.

Just now, ZeGuy said:

Unfair. He lost the best players of the team (sold: Mane, Wanyama (Liverpool), Fonté (West Ham); injured: Pied, Austin and Van Dijk (long term), Gabbiadini and Bertrand (short term). How was he supposed to play a good, "attractive" football? Even more so in his first PL season?

He's in fact very similar to Dyche and it's no surprise both ended in the short list. I'm not thrilled by either of them but it can't be worse than Shakespeare or any other names actually thrown out (M. Silva, Ancelotti and Benitez not being considered as serious Option).

How's it unfair when I literally wrote that there were mitigating factors as he lost players?

4 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

You seem to forget that 'great english lads', Morgan, Drinkwater, Vardy, Albrighton are what made up the spine of our team that won the PL? 

I'm not saying that every English player is going to be great but I'm not quite sure I understand the argument against buying good English players who fit the ethos of our team?

It's done us pretty well in the past. 

Sure, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with English players and would argue that every PL team needs a spine of them!

However Dyche's limitation is that he is unable / untrusting to widen his net and look abroad for signings.

Key example - replacing André Gray with Chris Wood and Jon Walters, two big burly but technically limited UK players, says it all........

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

How's it unfair when I literally wrote that there were mitigating factors as he lost players?

Because you're pushing "he finished lower than Koeman" in the foreground. I wonder how Koeman would have managed it whilst losing the half of his starters.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He's also at a club that doesn't have the infrastructure in place for much more than that lets not forget. He's signed Defour and the icelandic fella... plus, if it works does it really matter? We of all people should know what players with the right attitude can achieve.

No, he's at a club where he likes to keep the status quo as is because it gives him an excuse for failure and limited expectations, and thus, job safety.

Lets be honest, if Burnley went down with 30 points this year would they get rid? Nope, because it'd be spun as 'reality hits for poor little Burnley' and off goes Dyche to the Championship again with his parachute payments in the bank pointing at every other teams spending around him.

Massively fraud of a manager who cares more about his own reputation than actually moving a club forward

2 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Sure, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with English players and would argue that every PL team needs a spine of them!

However Dyche's limitation is that he is unable / untrusting to widen his net and look abroad for signings.

Key example - replacing André Gray with Chris Wood and Jon Walters, two big burly but technically limited UK players, says it all........

It hardly 'says it all' does it. Could those players not just suit Dyche's style of play? He may not be so keen to look abroad, but he could have his own good reasons not to - for example - communication. Whilst some foreign players have a firm grasp of the language many do not as we all know! And communication is key! lol

If anything we need more managers like Dyche to cultivate the english talent.

8 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

There's no credible sources for this yet. Chill 

There's definitely been talks.

My hope says they're lining him up as second choice and going to approach a manager currently in a job who'll they have to fight for.....that's a hope however not anything I know.

The story in the mail is right, although it leans on the betting odds, which would likely be money from people who know there has been talks.

Archived