Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Christmas 2017

47 minutes ago, Royston. said:

shopping done. most stress came from the few items i bought online, stressing over myhermes and yodel delivering on time.

all in now though although im skint, overdraft and dont get paid til friday.

For presents I always open a new amazon account every year and sign up to a months prime for free. Click and collect for the shop down the road and it’s here the next day. Piece of piss.

Finish Friday, off for the bank holidays and days between Christmas and new year.

Will be trying to get plenty of family time in, but it’s **** all of a break really.

I’ve had about five emails this week and last from top brass eulogising the year and bidding us farewell as they head off on their premium winter sun holidays and I feel like replying and just saying, **** off you doss **** I’ll be back here doing this shit again in a few days. 

But I don’t. And that’s the tragedy of it all.

On Thursday, December 14, 2017 at 16:26, Izzy Muzzett said:

One of the benefits of working for oneself is that one doesn’t have to attend works Christmas parties any longer :thumbup:

Cant be done for sexual harrasment...an advantage

but not being able to have a quick fondle in the copier room...sacrifes one makes I suppose.

Singing 'it will be lonely at christmas' while looking in the mirror...oh dear..:(

4 kids with 2 grankids spread around over middle Germany.

In Germany, presents are given usually on The Christmas eve.

We used to alternate when the kids were younger, obviously my wife prefered xmas evening, though

always said xmas day had its advantages.

This year Christmas eve we will split the 'Bescherung'  ( giving presents) then again on Xmas day.

3 kids with partners and one 16month gran kid.ca 19:00hrs  We will have a Racklette, with quality deli meats and fish.

Boiled potatoes in their skins, and 2-3 salads. So easy , relaxed and comfortable.later 21-21:30hrs criggy present time.

Over the years, we all sit down, and one will collect 3 presents, from under the tree, without looking at names, then when back in the circle

will hand them out (last 2 years our grankid Amy whos 4 , loved doing it) each present is opened, until all 3 have been opened and

oohs ahhh, and thankyous have been said, then the next 3 or 4, and so on...We are not a boozy family ( I was the drinker)but we will

all enjoy a tipple from midday , through the meal, until we go bed. This year ca 23-24hrs.

Christmas day.   Breakfast together ca 09hrs, My young daughter her daughter Amy, and husband will come for the day,

and for their presents, so 2 grandkids together.We lose for the day my son and wife, my other daughter and boyfriend,

go to the other parents side for the day, both ca 2hrs away.

I have always cooked the big meal over Xmas, either Turkey/Goose/Duck, with all girls doing the veggie prep, but now for

the last 2 yrs, I cant stand or move around the kitchen...So my wife and 2 daughters will mix in, and prepare and cook all.

I will sit back, and quietly get pissed, and be stupid and silly with my grankids.

Boxing day , 1 grankid and daughter, go to husbands parents, While my other 2 return with wife and partner.

The 27th is my wifes Birthday, we ease back on, the 2n half  days of full pull, to any easier relaxed birthday feast.

My older daughter, with all girl support will cook,  this year she says she will do fresh Samosas, with salad.

I make sure my wife has no apron and keeps out of the kitchen, so  we will look after the gran kids..

My daughter and husband have just returned from 2 months Korea, and 2 months Japan then Taiwan.

So we havent seen Ronja our 16 month gk, for awhile.

We still give presents, but no panic, like the past.No big money spent, most for Grandkids wishes.

My own kids prefer now the practical.  Vouchers for tools, needed clothes wear.or towards courses.

My youngest daughter ..20yrs, wants a family game, and a Jacket.My next youngest wants a climbing helmet,

Shes a tree, and wall climber, instructor, who also does free handclimbing, presently with ropes.

She says she i s so shortsighted, she cant see how high she is, so she has no fear of hights....bloody mad if you

ask me..!!

Oldest daughter, we pay for a course for her, my son , just finished moving into his new house wants tools.

A right mixture, for Santa to get on with..It seems he needs a gameplaying ,adventurous, studious, DIY,

Crazy Elf    to help him.

So our Xmas is half full, half empty over the 1st period and full contingent on its conclusion.

The new year, we winklies enjoy a quiet evening, our Kids celebrate with friends and their

neighbours, in their own locations , no wrong..just thought, my mad climbing daughter is going

on a Skiing /snowboarding break over the new year, her boyfriend is just learning, but is also

an experienced young climber...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Its my birthday on the 24th so seeing as ive been ripped off gifts wise all my life perhaps you could start  a gofundme campaign. Goal of £10,000 would make up for the last 38 years. :D

No worries, if you could front me £1000 for admin and start up costs, I’ll get straight on it.

• Like 2

Finished work on Tuesday till jan 3rd. This is the first Christmas that I’ve been in my own house but will still be going back to my rents place. It’s much bigger and I will be cooking dinner for us all. Can’t bloody wait and love doing this Christmas food shop.

Will be out locally on Christmas Eve with friends. It's become tradition to try and ruin our Christmas Days with horrific hangovers.

Christmas Day, our first Christmas in our new house. We've got 13 ****ing people, going to be chaos but all will be well once the dinner is smashed down on the table and I can get stuck in to some pigs in blankets. Then the cheese board will be out. I've been some storming wine for it and some port. Can't wait.

3 hours ago, Simi said:

Will be out locally on Christmas Eve with friends. It's become tradition to try and ruin our Christmas Days with horrific hangovers.

Christmas Day, our first Christmas in our new house. We've got 13 ****ing people, going to be chaos but all will be well once the dinner is smashed down on the table and I can get stuck in to some pigs in blankets. Then the cheese board will be out. I've been some storming wine for it and some port. Can't wait.

Aren't you Syston-based?

Haven't been to any of the town's pubs etc in a while, so if you're still in the area - which would you recommend for a relaxed drink on Saturday?

Finish tomorrow afternoon. Going for a beer with my old man on Friday and then maybe out on Saturday after the game. On Christmas Eve I'll be at my old local with mates and then Christmas Day I'll be driving to my Dads, Grandma's and back to my Mum's for dinner before heading over to Long Eaton around 3/4pm with my other half's family and can finally start drinking. 

I absolutely love every day between tomorrow and the 2nd of January. Booze, mates, family, food, football, darts and probably Wallace & Gromit. 

Question...Stuffing !!  In the Bird, or seperate baked in a dish..??? What do other posters do??

My wife and 1 daughter are veggies, so I make the stuffing without meat.

Fruit ,squash,.chestnuts  .this year I might try advocado.My daughter will do the major cooking now,

but the kids have always enjoyed my stuffing, so she asked if I would/can at least prepare that.

We have decided that we will lightly stuff the Turkey (this year) with fruit , coursely ground nuts and chestnuts,

but not packing it in....

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

I make stuffing and bake it in a separate dish. I use pork shoulder which I mince then mix that with onion sage smoked bacon clementine zest breadcrumbs and seasoning then pack it in a dish and bake for 45mins. 

Make something similar from Jamie Oliver’s recipe, it’s incredible.

Last year I went mental cooking literally everything from scratch including stuffing, roasties, yorkies, red cabbage, 3 meats, starter, pudding and then pork pies for later on. I won’t be going quite as mental this year but think il do the pork pies for the evening again.

43 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Make something similar from Jamie Oliver’s recipe, it’s incredible.

Last year I went mental cooking literally everything from scratch including stuffing, roasties, yorkies, red cabbage, 3 meats, starter, pudding and then pork pies for later on. I won’t be going quite as mental this year but think il do the pork pies for the evening again.

Yeah his is the recipe I used for mine. It’s great. 

6 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Did the big Christmas food shop in thurmaston Sainsbury's earlier and the bloke being served in front of me spent 900 quid on food and drink. Great effort 

A big range of decent products in there at good value.

Much prefer it to Aldi and Tesco.

We are taking all the stress out of Christmas Day, by eating out, for the second year running.

Its so easy. Mrs Col visits her nephews, I visit my uncle and then we all rendezvous at 1pm for party hats, daft jokes and four courses.

The best part of course is, no prep and no washing up. I'm just slow cooking a joint of beef to have with crusty bread and pickles later in the evening (with a bit of pork pie to boot!)

?

Edited by Col city fan

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/12/2017 at 14:59, Wymeswold fox said:

Aren't you Syston-based?

Haven't been to any of the town's pubs etc in a while, so if you're still in the area - which would you recommend for a relaxed drink on Saturday?

Apologies mate, I was offline for Christmas. Did you end up going out? For a quiet one I would have said Gate Hangs Well probably, or head to Quenni and go Brittania. 

• Like 1