Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Southampton (A) pre-match

12 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

They seem toothless upfront, barring Austin.

If we can stop giving Redmond space, their threat will probably be limited to long-balls.

Don't see why there's big hype about Van Dijk. Yes he's still quite young, but he seems to be pretty inconsistent for the price tag he's reportedly set to imo.

Because he'll probably score against us again tomorrow, unless we've improved our set-piece defending

20 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Sooner or later we going to begin rotating and have to change it up a bit. So it's going to be one of these two fixtures where we do that - interested to see which one Claude prioritises. 

I would hope he'd prioritise this one as it's better opposition away then he can rotate against Palace and bring some back for the cup quarter final

Win this and Saturday and we're in touching distance of Europe. Early days yet but you'd back our squad over Burnley's to not drop off.

Hate to say it but it we've got ambition this season, the next two are 'must win'...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

We ain't winning this. Think how cold Riyads little hands are going to be. 

It will be 6 or 7 C im not sure even Riyad can moan it's cold!

14 minutes ago, ferry67 said:

I Would try

Ian

Vardy    Gray    Mahrez

Iborra     Ndidi

Chilwell  Maguire Morgan Simpson

I know they don’t score a lot of goals but no goalkeeper is a risk

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, ferry67 said:

I Would try

Ian

Vardy    Gray    Mahrez

Iborra     Ndidi

I wouldn't in this game, maybe against Palace on Saturday, but this is a tough game, one of the toughest outside the top 6 teams.

I can see Shinji coming in and one of Albrighton, Gray, Mahrez rested.

I expect Puel wants to win this one, and win it playing attacking football and will play the best team we have, the only question over the defence and midfield is Fuchs or Chilwell, the rest pick themselves, then it will be 3 from 4 to play behind Vardy. Nacho man has to prove himself and it doesn't look like he is impressing much in training, even Ulloa is getting minutes ahead of him. From what I have seen I would rather George Thomas on the bench than Kelechi.

On 09/12/2017 at 20:47, Chico1958 said:

Lest we forget............... Go for it Claude

There's nothing sweeter than revenge buddy

Ps: If we are as bad as we were today at times, I'd be happy to get a draw

I drove down with my lad for only his second away game.  It was truly dreadful.  The only good thing was that we were blinded by the morning sunshine so could not really make out the shambles which unfolded in front of us.

57 minutes ago, ferry67 said:

I Would try

Ian

Vardy    Gray    Mahrez

Iborra     Ndidi

no.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Captain... said:

I wouldn't in this game, maybe against Palace on Saturday, but this is a tough game, one of the toughest outside the top 6 teams.

I can see Shinji coming in and one of Albrighton, Gray, Mahrez rested.

I expect Puel wants to win this one, and win it playing attacking football and will play the best team we have, the only question over the defence and midfield is Fuchs or Chilwell, the rest pick themselves, then it will be 3 from 4 to play behind Vardy. Nacho man has to prove himself and it doesn't look like he is impressing much in training, even Ulloa is getting minutes ahead of him. From what I have seen I would rather George Thomas on the bench than Kelechi.

Ulloa came on for his ability to defend on corners (and lose time) not because he's somehow a better forward than Nacho. That's clearly isn't the case.

Mahrez won't be rested. You don't rest one of your best players in a crucial away game. Same for Albrighton and Gray.

Edited by ZeGuy

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Has Jakupovic failed a banned substance test or something? Absolutely bizarre.

Yeah, bizarre one.

Although apparently he doesn't shine that well in training.Makes sense as I've never been that impressed with Hamer as a keeper but seems a good character.

Current pecking order should be...

1. Kasper
  2. Jakupovic 
  3. Hamer
  4. Iversen
  5. Max Bramley

But we obviously only see a fraction of the football. These keepers are shot at cannon fodder style relentlessly during training and practice games and no doubt some shine more than others. Being the tallest player at the club wouldn't go unnoticed

1 minute ago, ZeGuy said:

Ulloa came on for his ability to defend on corners (and lose time) not because he's somehow better than Nacho. That's clearly isn't the case.

I know, but it doesn't  change the fact that Ulloa, Slimani and Hamza Choudury have had more minutes in the last 4 games than Iheanacho.

Something is obviously not right, whether Puel doesn't have any faith in him or just doesn't know what to do with him. Iheanacho at Man City was a goal machine, here he has just looked lost and like he doesn't have a clue what to do. I would have thought with CP trying to implement a more possession based passing game he would be looking to bring Nacho in to the team, but so far he hasn't.

4 hours ago, Cujek said:

It will be 6 or 7 C im not sure even Riyad can moan it's cold!

Please.

He was born in the north of Paris. It gets damn cold up there in the north.

Just now, Captain... said:

I know, but it doesn't  change the fact that Ulloa, Slimani and Hamza Choudury have had more minutes in the last 4 games than Iheanacho.

Something is obviously not right, whether Puel doesn't have any faith in him or just doesn't know what to do with him. Iheanacho at Man City was a goal machine, here he has just looked lost and like he doesn't have a clue what to do. I would have thought with CP trying to implement a more possession based passing game he would be looking to bring Nacho in to the team, but so far he hasn't.

Nacho is a striker. Puel is fond of Vardy which means Nacho or any other striker for that matter will be a back-up. Not that he's crap. He never got a decent run of games. Slim's on his way out and offers something radically different than Vardy and Nacho. Choudury is, as far as I know, a midfielder not a striker.

24 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Nacho is a striker. Puel is fond of Vardy which means Nacho or any other striker for that matter will be a back-up. Not that he's crap. He never got a decent run of games. Slim's on his way out and offers something radically different than Vardy and Nacho. Choudury is, as far as I know, a midfielder not a striker.

I didn't say he was crap (he is clearly a good footballer), I'm just pointing out the facts, CP has brought on Slimani, Ulloa, Choudury (who isn't a striker but was brought on to replace Okazaki) ahead of Nacho in the last 4 games, or just left him on the bench despite not using all his subs. Even in the West Ham game, where we needed a goal, he wasn't used.

If you want my views on Nacho, check out the thread dedicated to him, I want him to succeed, but Puel isn't using him, I can only presume it is because he doesn't have any faith in him or he isn't impressing him in training with either ability or attitude.

• Like 1