Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Southampton (A) pre-match

13 minutes ago, Wes said:

Quote from the Saints forum...

"Pity Old Les sacked him. But, to be fair, Leicester have got a much stronger squad than ours. You can't really compare the likes of Shane Long, Steven Davis, James Ward-Prowse and Fraser Forster to Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez, Demarai Gray and Kaspar Schmeichel. We simply haven't got a rich owner prepared to pay for players of that calibre."

I wonder if he knows that Demarai Gray was the most expensive of those players at around £4m lol

quote.thumb.JPG.e175e324cfed6ad4b855486b9468419a.JPG

This one's on me.  I'll expect a beer for the next one.  :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

We play the early game on Saturday and then Tuesday again. I don't think the rest argument makes too much of a difference.

Well rotation will be needed eventually, but 3/4 days is normally just about enough rest, so I wouldn't expect mass changes for this game. Probably will see changes for Palace, depending on how they perform.

8 hours ago, Wes said:

Quote from the Saints forum...

"Pity Old Les sacked him. But, to be fair, Leicester have got a much stronger squad than ours. You can't really compare the likes of Shane Long, Steven Davis, James Ward-Prowse and Fraser Forster to Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez, Demarai Gray and Kaspar Schmeichel. We simply haven't got a rich owner prepared to pay for players of that calibre."

I wonder if he knows that Demarai Gray was the most expensive of those players at around £4m lol

He might mean wages. Other than Gray, they are all on at least 100k a week and I think he’s just signed a new contract hasn’t he?

4 hours ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Still winless from 6 trips to the south coast since promotion. 3 trips to Bournemouth. 3 trip to Southampton.

I was thinking that we never play well when travelling to the south coast! 

I'll be impressed if we come away with a win from this game. 

7 hours ago, MPH said:

He might mean wages. Other than Gray, they are all on at least 100k a week and I think he’s just signed a new contract hasn’t he?

Possibly but I'm not sure those wages are out of reach of many clubs in the PL these days. Obviously just a few top earners and not the whole squad.