Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Southampton (A) pre-match

28 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Are team buses not a thing anymore?

Yep. To give you a bit of a laugh, we currently get the coach to Birmingham airport (because they sponsor us) despite the fact East Midlands is closer.

Then the coach drives to Newcastle (or other away location) airport... picks the players up and drives them to the hotel. 

You couldnt make it up lol 

40 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Are team buses not a thing anymore?

Yeah.... but 3/4 hours on a coach to 45 minutes on a plane is a huge difference when you consider recovery time and upcoming games. 

Dont have ate a great record at St.Mary's. Still hoping we will go for the win but would take a point. 

Start Shinji and we're looking at 3 points there. As much as I enjoy watching Marc, Mahrez and Demahrez play at the same time, we have to drop one one of them (Gray or Albrighton). Newcastle were murdering us on the counter every time, Wilf & Vince had a hard time coping with their fast pressing players and Vards seems a bit toothless without his trusty sidekick

The question is at the minute, with games coming thick and fast.  Do we rotate for and healthy players to keep them in tip top shape or do we keep playing the strongest 11 and wait for them to need a rest? With the posibility they all need a rest at the same time.

I would bring Drag in and give Wes a break and I would consider bringing Ian Nacho in and give Vardy a rest.

Southampton have a day less to rest for this one so expect them to make changes.

With us playing Palace at lunchtime on Sat, we would need to rest players too. Perhaps one of Mahrez and Gray, and also Chilwell, Morgan and Vardy see how we get on with that. Unfortunately we cant really drop Iborra / Ndidi until we have adequate back up.

1-1.

Just now, harpendenfox said:

Also not sure we can expect Vards to start all 8 of the games we have over this 23 day period, so does Kelechi get to start in his place for one or two of them, and if so,  when?

What worry's me is we have seen Ulloa on the bench and even play yesterday. Is Puel thinking to start him as replacement. And if so why not Slim?

Obviously seeing something in training we are not. 

2 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

What worry's me is we have seen Ulloa on the bench and even play yesterday. Is Puel thinking to start him as replacement. And if so why not Slim?

Obviously seeing something in training we are not. 

It's been suggested that Slimani is about to be sold...this may have something to do with it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

It's been suggested that Slimani is about to be sold...this may have something to do with it.

Yes perhaps you are right, but couldnt we make use of him whilst he is still here, if he is the better player. I mean Mahrez wants out too, but we still play him every game.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Yes perhaps you are right, but couldnt we make use of him whilst he is still here, if he is the better player. I mean Mahrez wants out too, but we still play him every game.  

Well, the nuance is that whilst Mahrez (maybe) wants out, it feels as though Puel wants Slimani out!

• Sad 1

A hectic schedule upcoming.

Wednesday - Southampton away

Sat lunch time - Palace home

Tuesday - Man City league cup

Saturday after that - Man Utd home 

And then it's just game after game. 

I think it seems Slimani and Musa are going to be shown the door in January so I don't think we will see either unless in emergency between now and when they go. 

For this one, again I don't see many changes. I think the rotation will come at Home to Palace and obviously the cup game. Unchanged with some earlier substitutes I would expect. 

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

The question is at the minute, with games coming thick and fast.  Do we rotate for and healthy players to keep them in tip top shape or do we keep playing the strongest 11 and wait for them to need a rest? With the posibility they all need a rest at the same time.

I would bring Drag in and give Wes a break and I would consider bringing Ian Nacho in and give Vardy a rest.

Personally I wouldn't rotate. The team are starting to find a groove, let that continue and pick up the points. If they are all tired for a couple of days we can just change the whole team - we've done it in the LC every round so far. Better to get the points against teams like Palace and Saints than risk them by changing players. Losing 1 game - possibly against a Manchester is likely even if we were all fit and raring to go.

17 minutes ago, FIF said:

Personally I wouldn't rotate. The team are starting to find a groove, let that continue and pick up the points. If they are all tired for a couple of days we can just change the whole team - we've done it in the LC every round so far. Better to get the points against teams like Palace and Saints than risk them by changing players. Losing 1 game - possibly against a Manchester is likely even if we were all fit and raring to go.

It's tricky isn't it? I do wonder how much of a go Puel will give the cup match...

9 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

It's tricky isn't it? I do wonder how much of a go Puel will give the cup match...

I know that we all would love to progress in the LC but how many of us would take 7 or 4 points from the next 3 league games and accept being eliminated.

I can't reply to your post below but the game is Manure not Watford. Personally I'd be happy with 4 pts from Southampton and Palace and not sure we can expect anything from Manure. 7pts from Southampton away and home games with Palace and Manure would be an incredibly good haul.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, FIF said:

I know that we all would love to progress in the LC but how many of us would take 7 or 4 points from the next 3 league games and accept being eliminated.

Hmm, so the 4 pts scenario would mean losing to Man City, beating Palace, drawing at Southampton and losing to Watford, perhaps? I suggest that a lot of people would be unhappy with that. 7 pts, less so, but my feeling is a lot of folk would like us to give the Cup match everything. I certainly do, anyway.