Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Southampton (A) pre-match

Looking forward to this one. Will be a better indicator of where we’re at than the Newcastle game. Southampton don’t tend to open up so we might have to try and break through them rather than hitting them on the counter

Draw would be ok but we should be going there with a win in mind 

Dear Santa,

Must Win. Then another Must Win v CP. Play reserves against MC in copacabana cup, then stuff Manure in another Must Win. Followed by Must Wins at Watford and Liverpool.

Six straight league Must Wins to end the year so top 4 before AS plays. 

Go on please santa. (you did it before)

Guest CityFan 06

It's nice going into games at the moment knowing we aren't desperate for points and we're in a comfortable position in the table. Can see this being a draw, which would be fine. Winnable though.

Lots of Southampton fancs think Vardy injured Van Djik on purpose last season and now seem to hate us! If he did he probably did them a favour as he would definitely have left them if he was fully fit in pre season!

2-2 draw Austin wont last 90 minutes (might not even start) as he is struggling for fitness.

Hit them hard and fast first 20 minutes and we might sneek this 2-1

it's going to be a tough game but on current form is totally winable.. Southampton have lost only one of their eleven Premier League home matches against us so it's going up not only against Southampton but History as well!. we need to start positively and not concede an early goal like we did against Newcastle. we have the players on form at the moment that can hurt these defensively and i would like us to retain the ball more which Puel clearly wants us to do!

Only 2 things can stop us getting our fourth victory on the spin:

a. Charlie Austin

b. Kasper's total unwillingness to come off his line to claim corners. If he's worried about the buffeting should he try to catch them -then he should just punch them. Just don't stay on the line doing embarrasing 'star jumps' when the ball is six foot away, and about to be booted in our net! HELP YOUR DEFENCE FFS!

• Like 1

For this game  Vardy should rest then he will be in fire ( it’s a bit confusing ) why no one should kick his erse sometimes to feel his place is in a danger ?  you know what? He needs it !!! He is good player who needs to be pushed not to be just the one ! Okazaki, slimani or ulloula in ! Then  He will be back for 20 more goals 

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

Lots of Southampton fancs think Vardy injured Van Djik on purpose last season and now seem to hate us! If he did he probably did them a favour as he would definitely have left them if he was fully fit in pre season!

2-2 draw Austin wont last 90 minutes (might not even start) as he is struggling for fitness.

Hit them hard and fast first 20 minutes and we might sneek this 2-1

The incident past me by, but they seem to be frothing at the mouth about it. We all know Vardy is bloody combative and likes a challenge, but I've never had him down as dirty. Certainly not in his time here.

Quote from the Saints forum...

"Pity Old Les sacked him. But, to be fair, Leicester have got a much stronger squad than ours. You can't really compare the likes of Shane Long, Steven Davis, James Ward-Prowse and Fraser Forster to Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez, Demarai Gray and Kaspar Schmeichel. We simply haven't got a rich owner prepared to pay for players of that calibre."

I wonder if he knows that Demarai Gray was the most expensive of those players at around £4m lol

• Haha 1

Checking back through Southampton’s season, their results have been consistently predictable by the strength of their opponents.  Losing to the top six (0-1-3), drawing or losing to midtable sides (1-2-2 vs current 7th through 13th), and dominating the dross (3-3-1 vs current 14th and down).

The only “midtable” win was Everton at their nadir under Unsworth, which was no test at all; the others were WBA, Hammers and Palace.  You start to understand their fans’ impatience with Pellegrini.

I look at their roster, and hear you experienced folks, and get that this could be a tough fixture.  But I do not think we should be their first scalp (damn near first points) from the top half. 

If they expect no thrust and all parry, we now have some surprises in our bag.  I just hope eleven brains are 100% switched on at the beginning and end of each half.

Edited by KingsX