Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfcrory

Who do you want Jan 18

55 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Think we need another striker. We've got numbers in that position but the majority of them are god awful bar Vardy and Okazaki. Sturridge worth a shout?

You have to have a plan.

We already have six first team squad strikers and Vardy is our undisputed No1 with only Okazaki being adept enough to play behind him. We need to be shipping strikers out not bringing more in and especially if they can't play behind Vardy. 

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

You have to have a plan.

We already have six first team squad strikers and Vardy is our undisputed No1 with only Okazaki being adept enough to play behind him. We need to be shipping strikers out not bringing more in and especially if they can't play behind Vardy. 

Get rid of Musa, Slimani, Iheanacho amd Ulloa and spend £40-£50m on a striker who could dislodge Vardy as top dog.  Then spend the same on someone who can fulfill the Okazaki role.

Add a RB and CB for £20m each and that would be a satisfactory window.

21 hours ago, Harry S said:

With the money leicester have available we SHOULD really be able to splash on a decent right back.

What makes people think we have so much money? Nothing special going on this season other than increased TV money. No Champions League, though I suppose we have the CL money from last season. Probably been spent/accounted for already though.

Otherwise we’re just another mid table club and won’t have any more resources than any other similar sized outfit. No reason to suppose the owners intend to run the club at a loss, and probably wouldn’t be able to anyway due to FFP.

With the exception of a new right back it is surely going to be about who we can hang onto and who we want to ship out before we look to bring anyone else in?

I would say Mahrez, Ndidi and Maguire may all well be targets for bigger clubs, especially as none are cup tied in relation to the Champions league.

We effectively already have one new signing in Silva.

If we lose any of the main three then I think we will need to sign new players, otherwise I expect to see more leave than come in. We clearly have too many strikers but they may not be easy to ship out at the prices we would like. We could do with recouping some of the money so badly invested in quite a few players by our recruitment team.

There seems little point in either Benalouane or Musa remaining at the club with their current very limited opportunities. Hard to think we spent 20-25 million on the pair. Doubt we will get even half that back.

Edited by reynard

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 16:26, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Get rid of Musa, Slimani, Iheanacho amd Ulloa and spend £40-£50m on a striker who could dislodge Vardy as top dog.  Then spend the same on someone who can fulfill the Okazaki role.

Add a RB and CB for £20m each and that would be a satisfactory window.

With Puel, I could see Leicester no longer needing a second striker or vardy for that matter over time. I could also see Slimani pushing Vardy out the #1 spot if he continues to have performances like yesterday. Vardy is 31.

5 minutes ago, General Smuts said:

Alfie Mawson and Adam Smith would improve our back 4. And if FIFA ratings are anything to go on (I have no idea how realistic it would be) Timo Werner as a future Vardy replacement.

Werner is a full German international playing in a Champions League level club. No way he's coming here. I see him going to Bayern or to one of the top 6 here.

25 minutes ago, TheHitman™ said:

Werner is a full German international playing in a Champions League level club. No way he's coming here. I see him going to Bayern or to one of the top 6 here.

I've never followed the German league so that doesn't surprise me. Shame. I couldn't think of anyone else who would be like for like with Vardy but much younger.

28 minutes ago, General Smuts said:

I've never followed the German league so that doesn't surprise me. Shame. I couldn't think of anyone else who would be like for like with Vardy but much younger.

Bakambu from Villarreal has a lot of the attributes that Vardy has.

• Like 1

On 29/12/2017 at 19:15, winteriscoming said:

I'd love nzonzi looks like everton are interested so why shouldn't we? We need 4 quality midfield options which we don't have at the minute. 

Ndidi, Iborra, James, Silva.

On 30/12/2017 at 18:40, lee7 said:

If Lallana can't get a game at Liverpool I'd love him here. Creative and comfortable on the ball with both feet.

He's only not been playing because he's been injured. He's an excellent player and won't need to come to little Leicester.

1 hour ago, General Smuts said:

Musa?

I'm hoping that we're speaking to 'Boro about Ben Gibson with the Morgan injury.

Gibson and Maguire with Huth and Dragovic backing them up.

16 minutes ago, FIF said:

Musa?

I'm hoping that we're speaking to 'Boro about Ben Gibson with the Morgan injury.

Gibson and Maguire with Huth and Dragovic backing them up.

A long shot but maybe would could offer Musa as a makeweight in a deal for Gibson?

Pulis was interested in Musa for West Brom and I wonder if Gibson has itchy feet now? Middlesbrough are 8th and will probably have to go through the lottery of the play offs if they get promotion this season. Gibson goes from being quite hot property to the forgotten man and he's lost his England place and probably won't go to the World Cup now. Maybe he might want to get back to the PL ASAP?

9 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

I doubt Gibson will happen. Dragovic didn't come here to be back up and we still have Huth, Benalouane and Amartey if neccesary. 

I don't think it matters much what Dragovic thinks. He was linked with Man Utd at Dynamo Kiev and ended up joining Bayer Leverkusen. He obviously has failed to impress there and hasn't been able to force his way in the team here.

I can't imagine we'll take up the option to buy this summer and we'll be in the market for a centre half sooner rather than later with Huth OOC at the end of the season and Morgan a year older.

• Like 1

Luiz's wages and age are enough to put me off. Quite like him as a player even if he's not everyone's cup of tea.

Batshuayi I'm not sure on. Chelsea fans I know think he's straight up crap, and he wouldn't replace Vardy, so can't see it personally.

from what ive seen of Batshuayi, i think hes quite good.. not many players could out Vardy atm but if we were to offload the 2 i mentioned he would make a fitting replacement, especially at 24.

Agreed on Luiz though, wages would be ridiculous.

I just want us to buy a Chelsea player for revenge. Should have gone in for Mata when we had the chance.