Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfcrory

Who do you want Jan 18

CP has got a tricky hand to play. Refresh and strengthen an aging team that performed significantly better than it had any right to, develop and strengthen the next crop, move on some expensive mistakes but win enough matches to avoid getting sacked. Tricky.

• Like 1

I’d love it if we spent some real money.

im happy picking up a bargain or two but we badly need a quality goal scoring forward. If Vardy gets injured we are pretty screwed.

Personally I’d get rid of all our outright forwards bar Okazaki. 

We we need a quality right back and another centre half arguably but I’d love to see another striker or creative number 10 enter the fray.

15 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I’d love it if we spent some real money.

im happy picking up a bargain or two but we badly need a quality goal scoring forward. If Vardy gets injured we are pretty screwed.

Personally I’d get rid of all our outright forwards bar Okazaki. 

We we need a quality right back and another centre half arguably but I’d love to see another striker or creative number 10 enter the fray.

Goodness me! Congratulations on writing a football related post and I actually agree with you! 

Then again, given your performance on superbru I probably better not....

:whistle:

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Goodness me! Congratulations on writing a football related post and I actually agree with you! 

Then again, given your performance on superbru I probably better not....

:whistle:

I’m just not sure where all this satiricism and bitterness comes from Col. 

On 12/18/2017 at 07:37, Swan Lesta said:

At some point I'd like to sell: Ulloa, Slimani, Musa, Benaloune

I'd be happy if we went in for offensively: Ben Arfa, Zaha, Sturridge as they can all play as part of a front three or out wide in a 4231 and defensively somebody like Pavel Kaderebek at Right Back. I'd also be looking for a new centre back as Huth and Dragovic do not appear to be competing for Wes's position.

I remain confused re Dragovic. We have great outcomes when he plays. Clean sheets the last two games, that 1-1 cc match vs. Man City, clean sheets vs Liverpool  in the cc, the only goal that could be attributed to him that I have seen was the Kasper OG vs Watford, and that was an absolutely impossible shot by the Watford goal-scorer, and Kasper got beat near post. I wonder if Morgan is still playing out of deference to his captaincy and history with the club, though I expect we'll see soon enough.

One thing about Dragovic is he is reportedly a very accurate passer from distance. If he is playing CB with Maguire, that gives us two CBs who can do a job re getting the ball fwd while retaining possession.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't do much business. Maybe a couple of attackers out and a right back on loan. The winter market is a difficult one to find value and, as much as is fans just think it's a case of pick player x and offer y, the reality is that we'll sound out 3/4 clubs and players to establish whether there's a deal to be doing and at what price/wage etc to decide which offers best value for money. I hope we do find the value we're looking for but I wouldn't be surprised at all if we didn't.

1 hour ago, Molson Canadian said:

Barcelona are having a clear out of players apparently.

Arda Turan, Aleix Vidal, Gerard Deulofeu, Paco Alcacer, Jose Arnaiz, Andre Gomes, Denis Suarez and Javier Mascherano all available at the right price.

Would we be interested in any of them ?

Isn’t Vidal a right wing back?

On 12/27/2017 at 04:41, Gerard said:

If you can get £59m for Slimani, Musa, Benalouane, Ulloa, Amartey, Jakupovic and James then contact the club and I'm sure they'll only be too happy to give you 10% commission. 

Conservatively, figure 15 for slim, then 15-20 combined for Matty James and Amartey. After that, the problem is no demand from Prem clubs, so you are selling to foreign leagues or the championship. Few million for an over the hill Ulloa, same for Benny, bit less for jakupovic. Musa is the wild card, might get a club keen for 8-10 mill.or so. I think we would be a lot closer to 45 than 59 if we dumped these guys. 

Thowe would be nuts to dump James and Amartey, both are Prem quality, young, and cheap.

15 hours ago, Line-X said:

That's the guy Cov let go two seasons ago. Agree - real prospect. 

have watched him a couple of times is great on the ball protects it well and has a good engine, would be a great signing.

I still am not 100% happy with our recruitment process here so the thought of going out and spending another £50-100 million doesn't particularly excite me, especially if it's on strikers again where we've had a horrific track record with. If we count Okazaki as a support attacker then the last successful striker we signed was Ulloa and he gets dogs abuse now. It is one of the hardest positions to get right and in an era where only 1 seems to play at any one time it's hard for the new strikers to make an impact but we've had our kegs down with Musa, Slimani we've paid way over the odds for and Iheanacho is looking like a horrific purchase right now.

If we talking about sales, then if the offers come high enough I would get rid of musa and nacho.  Slim is an ok backup to vardy, providing the team play to his strengths, and ulloa still has a role to play.  People need to look past age, there seems to be heavy favouritism on here to young players.

4 hours ago, vanity said:

Conservatively, figure 15 for slim, then 15-20 combined for Matty James and Amartey. After that, the problem is no demand from Prem clubs, so you are selling to foreign leagues or the championship. Few million for an over the hill Ulloa, same for Benny, bit less for jakupovic. Musa is the wild card, might get a club keen for 8-10 mill.or so. I think we would be a lot closer to 45 than 59 if we dumped these guys. 

Thowe would be nuts to dump James and Amartey, both are Prem quality, young, and cheap.

I can’t imagine anyone  would pay any kind of decent money for James given his injury history?

and whilst I think Amartey is ok he hasn’t done anything of note to demand a 5m plus fee from anyone. I’d imagine a loan is the best you’d get for those two 

Musa...well 10p might swing it