Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Fleetwood Town (A) 0-0 FA Cup 3rd Round

To be fair, Fleetwood did a number on us today. Made the pitch an absolute ploughed field so we couldnt play our passing game. Battled for set plays so they could launch the ball into our box and scrap for it. It'll be different at a rockin' KP in front of 8,000 baying West Standers (seated of course), on the best pitch in the PL. I reckon we could easily hit double figures against the Sunday leaguers from oop north. And then bring Vards on for a 10 minute hattrick.

Any news on Silva, is he injured at all ?

Edited by steveherbe

Disappointing, but not that surprising ... 

... I don’t go on the conspiracy theory but watching us today we never really looked that capable of scoring; played some ‘okay’ passing it around and some ‘almost but not quite’ controlling role in the game stuff but no real cutting edge. So for all our huffing and puffing on the pitch perhaps a draw was inevitable as whilst Fleetwood played okay neither team wrapped themselves in any glory!... but we shifted a few more 

Slim still looks like he’s only giving about 70% ... Turkish football .... come and get him please!?

Guest Harrydc
55 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I'm not too much into conspiracy theories and would really hate it if it were true, but what are the odds that both Leicester and Fleetwood had both agreed on a draw even before a ball was kicked?

Even though they aren't suffering from financial problems with their local owner, a replay would give Fleetwood some much-needed additional influx of cash, as LCFC has to split the gate with the guests again. Don't know about TV rights.

Certainly makes you think

8 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

It wasn't the changes Puel made was the problem, At what point do players take individual responsibility for their own performance. There wasn't one leader on the pitch.

What worries me more is Puel failure to see the tactical short comings and to deal with it. When things are not going right he fails to identify the problem and react to it.

In fairness to Puel he got Okazaki and Albrighton both on the pitch, and I thought they were both the right players to bring on at the time as we're usually better when both play, but even so there was just nothing from us. The lack of creativity was genuinely staggering. I did not agree with those who thought we'd go and roll these over and said as such in the pre-match thread, and wouldn't have made that many changes, but that side we had out was more than capable of winning today - to not have a single shot on target!!! It's absolutely shocking.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I do think Puel made a few too many changes in hindsight but absolutely no way on earth should that side not register a single shot on target against Fleetwood.

I think it highlights how ridiculously reliable we are on Mahrez.

This is very simplistic for you. Not that I always agree with you but can normally see your POV.

No vardy, no Maguire, no Simpson, no Iborra, no Ndiddi, no albrighton from the start. Think it goes beyond one player not that he wouldn't of made a difference.

When you make changes like this people tend to focus on the one or two missing individuals for some reason rather than the larger problem which is we are throwing together a starting 11 that have never played together.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

2 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

I'm not too much into conspiracy theories and would really hate it if it were true, but what are the odds that both Leicester and Fleetwood had both agreed on a draw even before a ball was kicked?

Even though they aren't suffering from financial problems with their local owner, a replay would give Fleetwood some much-needed additional influx of cash, as LCFC have to split the gate with the guests again. Don't know about TV rights.

Except Fleetwood wanted to win... We didn't..

Probly cause they get influx of cash from draw or win...

36 minutes ago, tonyb said:

Have been a member since Vardy joined the foxes, you lot have blamed the pitch, seagulls, weather, locality etc, anything but your multi million pound misfits,   what a waste of money,

Huh? Have you read any of this? The players are getting both barrels, and rightly so.

I agree with you - shocking waste of money. It's scary how poor a team we can be without Vardy and Mahrez. We've spunked £70m up the wall on 3 useless strikers. Awful business by the same club who built the best team in the country for about £25m - less than the competition were spending on one player.

I know it can't be easy to dig up gems like we have done, but surely when you're shelling out £30m on one player, you want to make sure he's at least half decent first?

Strikers aside, though, I don't think we've done too badly with recent signings at all. I'd say Iborra, Ndidi, Maguire and probably Silva all strengthen the side.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Even though they aren't suffering from financial problems with their local owner, a replay would give Fleetwood some much-needed additional influx of cash, as LCFC have to split the gate with the guests again. Don't know about TV rights.

You surely couldn't pay off all the players and wags and expect them to keep quiet. You could perhaps pay off the referee. But it wasn't like we were shithot and the referee nobbed us. Perhaps Puel wasn't taken into a room and told only play decently if they score. I'm sure it's possible but...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

"We were dogshit. So were they."

Edited by Foxxed

In hindsight today just highlights for me how woefully short the fringe players are of adding anything at all in terms of an improvement.

Puel gives them the licence to go out there and put a shift in and the players do the exact opposite.

There was more than enough out there to go and put some sort of professional performance together but the longer the game went on goalless, the more we looked afraid of losing it than going out to create and win it.

Many of these players are low on confidence, desire, passion, call it what you like, it just didn't show for whatever reason and without certain star players to keep us ticking over, we're well short of adequate back up on this display.

Harsh on Silva I feel because clearly he was trying to get something going but he was hardly given a decent pass or movement from anyone.  As I feared, not the best of games to get him up to full match fitness which almost backfired with that ridiculous nonsense challenge as well.

Still, another game to go.  I'm not sure I'd play more than 3 or 4 of today's starters though tbf.

Edited by Legend_in_blue

1 hour ago, tonyb said:

Have been a member since Vardy joined the foxes, you lot have blamed the pitch, seagulls, weather, locality etc, anything but your multi million pound misfits,   what a waste of money,

That's the biggest inferiority complex hyperbole I've ever read. Open your eyes and read what people are saying. Stop lying to yourself.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

This is very simplistic for you. Not that I always agree with you but can normally see your POV.

No vardy, no Maguire, no Simpson, no Iborra, no Ndiddi, no albrighton from the start. Think it goes beyond one player not that he wouldn't of made a difference.

When you make changes like this people tend to focus on the one or two missing individuals for some reason rather than the larger problem which is we are throwing together a starting 11 that have never played together.

All of that is fair enough, but even so the total inability to create even one good chance all game was pathetic. There was plenty wrong today - Slimani totally isolated, the midfield trio absolutely pedestrian as not one of them made a single decent pass into an advanced position all game, both wingers pretty useless.

The set up was poor, but individually the majority of them were hopeless.

I think Mahrez, his presence alone, would at least open up some more possibilities in our attacking play. I can't actually remember us creating so little in a game as that earlier.

Looked a bore fest, for me some of the squad didn't look like they were bothered. Fleetwood might be disappointed they didn't take advantage. Why field a weakened team! we're 8th in premier league about ten points from four, no chance of champions league football or europa league spots and about ten points from the relegation zone. Chance to go for it! 

Really poor game. Highly disappointing.

I had warned in the prematch thread about random changes. Were they all really necessary? You have to show more respect than just cobbling together a team and expecting any kind of performance from them. We could have easily lost.

Yet it didnt look like anyone was bothered if we did lose. It was just so flat. Everything about it. 

Individually.... i thought gray would effect the game much more. He did a bit first half but then totally went missing. Likewise Silva. He got in the ball a little but he didnt really control the tempo like i thought he would. Rightly had to come off.

Slimani..... with the right attitude he can be a handful. Today it looked like all he wanted was to niggle people and have an argument. Just a catalogue of needless petty fouls, pushes, petulant flick outs and general useless forward play that is absolutely NOT acceptable.

You really do expect much more and it was obvious after 15 mins no one on a blue shirt fancied it today. 

Its a good job were still in the draw, but then again does it matter if we arent trying to win these games?

People reading a bit too much into it eg: 'it proves how little our 2nd string have to offer or it proves how reliant we are on mahrez etc'. 

For me all it proves is we probably made 2 or 3 changes to many and that we had a really bad day at the office fleetwood had a really good day and yet are still in the draw for the 4th round. Don't forget we went out a cup to lower leauge opposition in 15/16 and that turned out ok.

• Like 1

I would imagine that today's lot have actually played together as a team in training - but they looked lost.

Maybe everyone today was just part of the board's "make Mahrez worth 100m" protocol. He really was a phenomenal piece of business.

Drunk and cynical.

7 hours ago, steveherbe said:

No mate, you're wrong there. There are 17 pages of us blaming our misfits, we know they were crap. However, those bloody seagulls did have an effect on us. Wait till we get you back to land-locked Leicester. Best bring your own seagulls though, cos we eat all ours at Christmas, cheaper than turkeys, and no added salt needed

That’s one of those times when the ale has taken over and you come over all hilarious, when in fact it isn’t in the slightest bit funny wasn’t it?