Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Fleetwood Town (A) 0-0 FA Cup 3rd Round

What I can accept is drawing to fleetwood.

but  what I cannot accept is the way we drawn.. they were arguably the better team against our so called second string and that really shown some of our players up.

Puel is no idiot and I think he’s realised some players are not that great.

shows we probably need a 2 new full backs and another attacking midfielder/winger because without mahrez as usual no one else can change a game or take on another player.

and finally we can all agree Gray is not that answer.

• Like 1

Sick of yall complaining about the pitch. It comes with getting the lower league tie away. Which is what fans say they want until they need an excuse when we find a way not to go through. And obviously we prefer playing what should be a weaker lower league side at least on paper.

229zuj.jpg

Edited by NewEnglandFox
  • Like 2

The presence of Okazaki changed things positively.

The performance from when he came on was more strong and urgent.

Under-rated by some and will be missed when he retires.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

The presence of Okazaki changed things positively.

The performance from when he came on was more strong and urgent.

Under-rated by some and will be missed when he retires.

Albrighton and Okazaki were the right subs, as others have stated. We did look better with their inclusion but our woeful final third let us down.

• Like 1

As many others on here have said "absolute rubbish"!!

Sorry Claud - although I think he's done pretty well so far with his team selections and formation/tactics I think he cocked up the Fleetwood game big time. Wrong players wrong formation/tactics. He needs to pick a full strength team for the replay to win the game. We're now out of the League Cup so we want a good run in the FA Cup. We could win it if it's now regarded as one of the top priorities.

5 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Tactics were as big an issue as motivation. We didn't look like we had any kind of plan for creating chances against them. Not once were they opened up by a pass or a run. 

quite scary with the apparent caliber of players we have. Or maybe some not up to the level we quite assumed.

At the VERY least youd of expected us to open them up many times. But no.

Edited by les-tah

I'll be happy to admit it if I'm wrong but he's certainly no leader. Maybe he was just frustrated with the type of game it was yesterday and just lost interest. I suspect he will do better with Iborra beside him and Wilf doing a lot of the running.i suspect he will be decent with the Ball at his feet and technically sound. But that's not what we need.

You are right I'm not the most patient and I do tend to judge players quickly, but that came from working with hundreds of players over a very long time for a living. All I know is yesterday's efforts was embarrassing and he wasn't the only one. Great players take a grip on games and change them. We've wasted enough money in recent years on players so I do sincerely hope I'm wrong. 

4 hours ago, les-tah said:

What I can accept is drawing to fleetwood.

but  what I cannot accept is the way we drawn.. they were arguably the better team against our so called second string and that really shown some of our players up.

Puel is no idiot and I think he’s realised some players are not that great.

shows we probably need a 2 new full backs and another attacking midfielder/winger because without mahrez as usual no one else can change a game or take on another player.

and finally we can all agree Gray is not that answer.

Agree with most of that. I can tolerate drawing to Fleetwood if we've really been denied by an excellent goalkeeping performance or something but to not register a single shot on target is nothing short of a disgrace. I'd genuinely fine the entire side a weeks wages for that and let them have half of it back if any of them feature in a winning replay.

Benalouane is garbage. Amartey isn't good enough. Silva was a huge disappointment. Barnes was a huge disappointment. The midfield in general were embarrassing. Andy King just hasn't got it anymore. He looked no better than usual yesterday.

Demarai Gray has been a disappointment under Puel the more I think about it. After those opening two games my hopes for him were sky high, but truth be told he hasn't kicked on at all, he's continued to be outperformed by Albrighton and Mahrez.

End of the day still in the FA cup which is something 3 out of the top 9 are not. The team should have had enough and some to win yesterday but were lacklustre being kind. We get another shot at home and people need to step up and put in a performance. Some players got game time and others got a break and a chance to recharge the batteries. Hopefully Puel has learned a few things what is working and what is not, also gate receipts do add up on the bottom line and more fans get the chance to see football at the KP.  

• Like 1

Poor performance, you can't blame the pitch although it was bad. Leicester should of had enough to win the game but not having a single shot on target is pathetic. well done to the Fleetwood keeper for getting free pizzas for a year!. Maybe Puel should have done a Claudio and offered the same if they won!.

1 hour ago, foxy boxing said:

Poor performance, you can't blame the pitch although it was bad. Leicester should of had enough to win the game but not having a single shot on target is pathetic. well done to the Fleetwood keeper for getting free pizzas for a year!. Maybe Puel should have done a Claudio and offered the same if they won!.

At least we are still in the FA cup

Having lost 3 starting players in Morgan, Simpson, and Vardy over the last few games Puel was absolutely correct in leaving out as many of the first 11 as he could whilst still fielding a side to capable of beating Fleetwood. The demands of the last few weeks and fatigue are surely contributory factors in the injuries suffered. Not just to our players but others also.

• Like 1

Okazaki and Albrighton are supporting players. Iheanacho hasn't shown that he can be the man to change a match since being here. We lacked the substitute that could put the game on his back and score the goal. Puel waved his white flag when he took Slimani off.

So now we have to play another 90'. When will managers ever learn that being too afraid to win a cup game just means playing more football that they didn't want?

Can't be bothered to read through the comments so not 100% sure what the consensus is but for me massive responsibility has to be pinned on the 3 in midfield.

James King Silva should have had more than enough to dictate that game from start to finish but instead shied away from coming and receiving the ball which meant the defenders had no option but to punt it forward. This meant we couldn't create any moves or build  any attacking momentum. 

Yes Fleetwood pressed us well and the pitch etc etc but come on, 3 of them in there have all played at top quality standards and got bossed in there by Schwabl. Only would've taken one of them to drop in there and dictate the pace of the game but none of the 3 had the balls. Barely hearing their names mentioned during the whole game speaks volumes. Silva I can allow a few rusty games due to his circumstances but James and King should have known exactly what to expect and how to counter it. Disappointing 

11 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Can't be bothered to read through the comments so not 100% sure what the consensus is but for me massive responsibility has to be pinned on the 3 in midfield.

James King Silva should have had more than enough to dictate that game from start to finish but instead shied away from coming and receiving the ball which meant the defenders had no option but to punt it forward. This meant we couldn't create any moves or build  any attacking momentum. 

Yes Fleetwood pressed us well and the pitch etc etc but come on, 3 of them in there have all played at top quality standards and got bossed in there by Schwabl. Only would've taken one of them to drop in there and dictate the pace of the game but none of the 3 had the balls. Barely hearing their names mentioned during the whole game speaks volumes. Silva I can allow a few rusty games due to his circumstances but James and King should have known exactly what to expect and how to counter it. Disappointing 

i agree, The game bypassed the midfield alot to be fair as we tried going long ball . King seemed to be dropping the deepest every time to get the ball and it didnt quite work. To be fair if you watched Silva he was always showing and making moves but no one was actually passing to him. odd really.

Edited by les-tah