Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Fleetwood Town (A) 0-0 FA Cup 3rd Round

2 minutes ago, Line-X said:

I'm sure you had no problem getting back to sleep.

Even if he did, he just needs to start watching that match again, that’ll do the trick.  

Been out all day, put match on record, kept myself away from anything that could spoil the score... only to watch that pile of sh!te. I only hope those players show more spirit and composure should they be selected to start when we play the Replay

Edited by car1os

10 minutes ago, Karljohn said:

Iheanacho...I think we have unearthed a serious rival to Junior Lewis for the worst player ever to pull on a City shirt. 

He doesn't look in shape at all, nor even remotely interested. God knows what's happened there - hopefully not another Michael Johnson. Either way, I don't buy the argument that he's poor because he's been deprived of chances. I've seen enough to know that, for now, he should be nowhere near the team.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Woodwork ? What from a deflected pot shot and a goalkeeper fumble. Were the headers anywhere near the goal? 

They were organised but had absolutely no threat. BBC get banging on about their set pieces and our keeper never had to make a save from them. In the same way they never called us out that we were absolutely diabolical. 

I’d been alienated by BBC’s coverage if I was a lower league fan. It was full of cliche and little research.

The draw was the correct result and cynically its what a lower league teams want because of the financial gain they receive. 

To be fair they are a League One side and for the level of players they have they played very well. It has to be put into context. We were useless.  Had no shots on target. Barely created a chance. They played better than us.

12 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Woodwork ? What from a deflected pot shot and a goalkeeper fumble. Were the headers anywhere near the goal? 

They were organised but had absolutely no threat. BBC get banging on about their set pieces and our keeper never had to make a save from them. In the same way they never called us out that we were absolutely diabolical. 

I’d been alienated by BBC’s coverage if I was a lower league fan. It was full of cliche and little research.

The draw was the correct result and cynically its what a lower league teams want because of the financial gain they receive. 

You said they had no chances. Better to say no shots on target if that's what you really mean. Agree that a draw was right though.

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

To be fair they are a League One side and for the level of players they have they played very well. It has to be put into context. We were useless.  Had no shots on target. Barely created a chance. They played better than us.

They played better yes but the BBC made out as it Fleetwood were non league. Similarly they appeared unsure to call our performance for what it was; diabolical, feeble and pathetic. 

There’s teams from League 1 and League 2 who played teams with a higher position gap than our game who played with ambition and scored goals. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

15 minutes ago, Koke said:

They were well drilled, made life hard, but they really weren't very good. We were just an absolute shambles. They did well considering the league they are in but I think anyone saying they were great or all over us is wide of the mark.

Edited by Babylon

19 minutes ago, Line-X said:

I'm sure you had no problem getting back to sleep.

Are you kidding FT still keeping me awake, much better than the match.

But hey, we didn't lose, we get to do it again in our house, I got to see my team play again and got to wear my new Leicester City shirt again (Thanx Cuz). I'm reasonably happy with all that. Now onto the NFL games.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Haha I've read some of this thread and about laughed out loud at a few trying to defend it. I'd fine the lot of them for that. It was a complete disgrace.

I tell ya people on here moan about the negativity on here, ok so alot of the time alot of people are very negative often claiming to be 'realists' (Me 110% included, I hold my hands up) but on the other hand those people moaning about the negativity are full of bullshit and excuses.

I'd rather give constructive criticism (Ok maybe not constructive sometimes :unsure: maybe more pure criticism) in hope things change or in hope they learn from it rather than sticking my head in the sand and make excuses like alot of people do.

As always somewhere inbetween would probably be the 'correct' view.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Harrydc said:

On the LCFC website yesterray they posted tickets for a replay match against fleetwood on the 16th and deleted it soon after. today was a 0-0, is there something sinister going on?...:ph34r:

It does make you wonder. I'm serious too. It was THAT bad.

As much as it was awful and with the players we had out there today there's no way we shouldn't have won but the team out there today wasn't one where they'd know each other's game inside out. 

Anyaay, they simply wanted it more than us. Can't really pick anyone out that played well and they were all as bad as each other. 

55 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

Those people moaning over the number of changes we made for this game need to also think how they would have reacted if a first 11 player got injured against Fleetwood?

And when are the fringe players supposed to get a game if not games like this? What would the reaction be like if a player gets an injury against Chelsea and we’ve not given game time to anyone outside the usual staring 11?

It’s also kind of nice to think Vardy might actually get a cameo appearance in this fixture after all.

Shit happens. Could get injured any game.

Don't blame the manager. Blame the players who were supposed to use that as an opportunity to put themselves in first team contention. I understand there is a lack of cohesion, but that doesn't excuse 0 shots on target against a mid-table league one outfit. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

Don't blame the manager. Blame the players who were supposed to use that as an opportunity to put themselves in first team contention. I understand there is a lack of cohesion, but that doesn't excuse 0 shots on target against a mid-table championship outfit. 

:unsure:

If only, and I mean no disrespect to Fleetwood in that.

• Like 1

Still don't understand why people are saying we had to make so many changes. Man City started Stones, Otamendi, Ferdandinho, Sané, Aguero, Sterling and Silva today. That's 7 first choice players and they've all played regularly over Xmas. How refreshing that despite their other priorities they still take this competition seriously, unlike us apparently. 

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Still don't understand why people are saying we had to make so many changes. Man City started Stones, Otamendi, Ferdandinho, Sané, Aguero, Sterling and Silva today. That's 7 first choice players and they've all played regularly over Xmas. How refreshing that despite their other priorities they still take this competition seriously, unlike us apparently. 

Two things: Firstly our Christmas fixture list was more congested than Man City's and secondly, it's about giving players an opportunity. Puel wants to assess his squad. Before the game he thought the team was good enough to win the game, as did I. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Pep's had a season and a half to know what he's got and how they play his system together. Puel's had what 3 1/2 months. Pep's first year was a sorting out year too.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, limeydale said:

Pep's had a season and a half to know what he's got and how they play his system together. Puel's had what 3 1/2 months. Pep's first year was a sorting out year too.

Spot on. That's given him a clearer idea of which players he needs to move on. 

• Like 2