Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DatfoxesKid23

How do I break it to her?

23 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Turning to FT for serious relationship advice.

bestIdea.JPG

i mean, if you say that you stayed with a girl for 3 years even though you share little to no interests while saying the girl is a psycho cat killer, you will get some banter in return

I think you should ask her outright if she killed the cat.

If she's not crazy she'll dump you for even suggesting so and happy days.

If she still wants to be with you after that or murders you then you'll know you've got a psycho cat/human killer on your hands and you won't feel awkward breaking it off.

I can't see a downside.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Captain... said:

Relationships are like plasters, you have to rip em off quick when they are done, the slow approach doesn't work.

How  much relationship admin is there? Do you live together, rental, joint mortgage, joint accounts, friends, family, pets. - If the admin is too strong then you're just going to have to suck it up.

Get your safe house sorted, parents' house, mates' house, nuclear bunker, brief them what is happening and when and get prepared for a few nights on the sofa. Get anything really important/valuable to the safe house (like any pets) prepare the over night bag. Then just dump her like an adult and deal with the fallout, crying, punching, name calling. Maintain your resolve, if it gets nasty then that's ok, being called a "lazy cvnt who is crap in bed" really makes sure there are no relapses, just don't get violent and then get the fvck out. Do not have sex one last time, that is a big no, do not go back, do not tell her where you are staying. Block her number, facebook and everything else and communicate via email purely on admin. Be prepared to not see anything you have left behind again. If you do it's a bonus. You never know, she might be reasonable about the whole thing but prepare for worst case scenario.

Best advice I've seen so far.

5 hours ago, Captain... said:

Relationships are like plasters, you have to rip em off quick when they are done, the slow approach doesn't work.

How  much relationship admin is there? Do you live together, rental, joint mortgage, joint accounts, friends, family, pets. - If the admin is too strong then you're just going to have to suck it up.

Get your safe house sorted, parents' house, mates' house, nuclear bunker, brief them what is happening and when and get prepared for a few nights on the sofa. Get anything really important/valuable to the safe house (like any pets) prepare the over night bag. Then just dump her like an adult and deal with the fallout, crying, punching, name calling. Maintain your resolve, if it gets nasty then that's ok, being called a "lazy cvnt who is crap in bed" really makes sure there are no relapses, just don't get violent and then get the fvck out. Do not have sex one last time, that is a big no, do not go back, do not tell her where you are staying. Block her number, facebook and everything else and communicate via email purely on admin. Be prepared to not see anything you have left behind again. If you do it's a bonus. You never know, she might be reasonable about the whole thing but prepare for worst case scenario.

The house is on rent. Thanks your right. the main reason I didn't leave her was because I felt that I was going to trigger her into getting far worse. I honestly think that she would try to hunt me down even if I did move out of leicester. I will explain to my parents but to be honest what am I meant to say my girlfriend is a crazy physco who I dont want to live with. This is my fault I shouldn't have let things get this far. 

5 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Why would you stay with someone for three years if you have next to no common interests and thought she was a bit off centre from the start?

because I'm an idiot I never thought she was that bad from the start as I said the signs started appearing after a month in well kinda they were just small things by the time things got really crazy I just stuck with it thinking it would get better. 

1 hour ago, DatfoxesKid23 said:

I will explain to my parents but to be honest what am I meant to say my girlfriend is a crazy physco who I dont want to live with. 

Just tell your parents that the relationship has ended because the chemistry isn't right.

You don't have to tell them that the chemistry in question is her brain chemistry.

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

Just tell your parents that the relationship has ended because the chemistry isn't right.

You don't have to tell them that the chemistry in question is her brain chemistry.

They’ll probably guess though when she turns up at their door with a mad smile and an axe saying  “ I know you’re in there ! “ 

Walk in the house with a smile on your face.

You. 'I won the lottery pack your bags'

Her. 'Great where are we going?'

You. I don't care, just be out by lunchtime.'

Edited by Rincewind
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, DatfoxesKid23 said:

We met 3 years ago at uni. She isn't that out of my league. We only have 1 or 2 common interests but she seems keen on me. She is a borderline pyscopath. I first noticed a month into our relationship she gets so angry when I dissagree with her in a debate. I thought it was a bad habit so I left it. Then a year later I found her walking out of my house at night I asked her what she was doing and she said she was sleep walking (weird AF right). Then next morning I find a dead cat in a outside in my back garden.

She screams weirdly in bed. She has this FVCKING scary laugh. and she says I'm not demanding enough?

I don't want to spend the rest of my life with her.

but I know it will cause massive upsets.

I have no idea what to do and to make it worse my parents are pressuring me to propose to her. This is my last resort.

Just help me please. I can't get to sleep I'm not living a lie anymore!

Thanks for this. One of the funniest threads (as in responses) for a while. I've run out of likes to tell people how much they've made me laugh. Literally in tears with some of the responses.

12 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Might as well casually throw in this quite old thread into here..

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/77356-got-a-first-date/?tab=comments#comment-2033932

Good man for reposting that thread, especially since you had to lie low after starting it  lol   Glad you returned after the radio silence.  Anything you want to share about that date, six years on? 

Some of the replies had me pissing myself -- 24K gold like the “Vote for my nephew” thread.  Maybe the mods should repost a “best of FT” thread first of each month, for us newbies.