Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Nice pubs in Leicester

8 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

My mates queued here for almost 2 hours on Friday before being told they weren't being allowed in. The sane couple of us decided to leave after 25 minutes as we knew we weren't getting in. They were meant to open at 3pm but still hadn't opened at 5pm, shocking, they won't ever get a penny off me again.

Wygston House was very nice, didn't manage to try Lane7, but it looks good in there, should be class for the Euros.

Queueing outside Apres Lounge for 2 hours? That is absolutely mental lol 

Was queues everywhere at around 1-30 Friday when I arrived in town. Me and my mate thought we’d be buying cans and sitting on a park bench after we’d assessed High street. I was intrigued with the people waiting to get a table outside the Highcross where they seem to have only about 12/14 tables overall.  Yet there was 20 people waiting to get in. Surely them at the back were going to be waiting hours.   When we got our pitch there was no way we were risking leaving to try somewhere else. 

24 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

My mates queued here for almost 2 hours on Friday before being told they weren't being allowed in. The sane couple of us decided to leave after 25 minutes as we knew we weren't getting in. They were meant to open at 3pm but still hadn't opened at 5pm, shocking, they won't ever get a penny off me again.

Wygston House was very nice, didn't manage to try Lane7, but it looks good in there, should be class for the Euros.

The indoors at Lane7 will be absolutely carnage 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Queueing outside Apres Lounge for 2 hours? That is absolutely mental lol 

To be fair they planned to stay there all night and by 3pm everywhere else was rammed. If they just said straight away you ain't coming in here I don't think anyone would have cared that much, to let them wait 2 hours then tell them they ain't coming in and the police were going to be called is out of order though. There was well over a hundred people in the queue too, so they weren't the only ones being messed about.

3 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

You’d think all along that too bit of high street where the bars are, the council would have just whacked temporary seating everywhere for the time being until we’re allowed inside bars 

Ready for the garden chair Olympics. Also great for the Euros

• Like 1

Waterside in Mountsorrel is delightful especially when the sun is out. Decent pub food too. Great especially when the sun is out and the canal boats are going by on the river. 

• Like 2

On 30/04/2021 at 07:27, Soup said:

The Addies Pub this week. Monday, all tables full. Tuesday , all tables and plenty standing. Wednesday absolutely packed out with maybe 150 on the terrace. Last night closed 😅😅😅😅

Got their third telling off by the Police. He’s playing with fire is Tim at the mo

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Got their third telling off by the Police. He’s playing with fire is Tim at the mo

It was chaos that night, he must of realised what would happen. Saying that he would've made a fortune that night.

2 hours ago, Line-X said:

??? The title of the thread is "Nice Pubs in Leicester".

I'd argue any pub where you can meet up with friends is a nice pub at the moment. 

• Like 1