Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Nice pubs in Leicester

6 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Fingers crossed that gets overturned or it's an oversight - gaffs will be on their arses if they can't sell takeaways. ****ing maddening.

Otherwise it's probably the death knell for many of our historically very important, inns, coach and public houses. And that would be a tragedy.

For those that know the Bosworth area, the Cock Inn at Sibson has closed. It's reputed that Dick Turpin rested overnight there between robbing travellers on Watling Street. It's a listed building. It was a lovely place to visit. It had a real air of history. There seems to be little chance of it re-opening anytime soon and if it does it's character needs to be retained.

• 2 weeks later...

Read that Shakespeare's Head in Southgates was raided this year for cannabis production, a pox upon its house indeed!

Big fan of the Rutland and Derby in summer, it has a makeshift outdoor mezzanine. Only downside is its distinct tory clientele, rugby's always on. 

6 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Never been to it personally, but The Gate Hangs Well in Syston is looking for a new owner.

16 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Not surprised after what happened there recently 😐😐😐

nice gaff

I liked the place but the service for food was slow. Was it a drugs related thing that saw it closed down? My daughter lives in Sileby and she mentioned something about it but I cant reacall what.

35 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

It’s not actually closing though is it, they are just trying to sell and if they can’t they will re open them both is how i read it.

That's how I read it in all, but you'd fancy someone taking it on to change a few bits; weirdly praying no one fancies it.

The breakfasts in there were absolutely Susan.

28 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

That's how I read it in all, but you'd fancy someone taking it on to change a few bits; weirdly praying no one fancies it.

The breakfasts in there were absolutely Susan.

Yeah that’s true to be fair. Don’t think I ever managed a brekkie despite living a 2 minute walk away for a year, criminal how little I used that road really.

2 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Yeah that’s true to be fair. Don’t think I ever managed a brekkie despite living a 2 minute walk away for a year, criminal how little I used that road really.

Oh mate they were fantastic, hash browns bigger than my head. Jones up there used to do a ripsnorting brekker too, may she rest in P.

41 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Oh mate they were fantastic, hash browns bigger than my head. Jones up there used to do a ripsnorting brekker too, may she rest in P.

What's Jone's now?

Used to sometimes go in there before going to the football when a match was a 12:30/12:45 kick-off.

Would recommend 'Coffee Ethic' for a decent bite to eat - generous great food and cake selection.

57 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

What's Jone's now?

Used to sometimes go in there before going to the football when a match was a 12:30/12:45 kick-off.

Would recommend 'Coffee Ethic' for a decent bite to eat - generous great food and cake selection.

Being done up now. I hear it's going to be a Portuguese restaurant

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Another nail in the coffin for pubs with the latest news they now can’t sell takeaway beer or bottles. Gutting as places like West End Brewery and The Salmon were just about ticking over being able to trade like that.

Fcukin ridiculous, I cannot for the life of me understand the benefits of this in terms of risk for the pandemic? Actually makes my blood boil.

Crap ain't it but hopefully enough people will still use the boozers as deliveries - it shouldn't (hopefully) really change all that much - if you were willing to go to a pub to collect, you'd likely be around to get it delivered. It's just wether or not each pub has capacity to deliver, I guess - those that don't have been left high and dry.