Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Nice pubs in Leicester

1 hour ago, Dan.Reynolds said:

Anyone been to one of these "bottomless brunches"?

Did one once in Sheffield. Normally a thing groups of girls seem to do. Wen’t all lads and got absolutely trollied on modelo. Ended up very silly and the place really hated us by the end.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Did one once in Sheffield. Normally a thing groups of girls seem to do. Wen’t all lads and got absolutely trollied on modelo. Ended up very silly and the place really hated us by the end.

I went to 1 at Howst once after a heavy night before and it ended up being a waste of money. Great breakfast though 

11 hours ago, Filbert_Ross said:

Wanna go out for a meal early evening this week. Bit cold so want somewhere with outdoor heaters. 
Any  suggestions ? I live in Narborough so somewhere this side of town ideally or in town perhaps. 

Bit of a trek, but the Cradock has about 50% of its tables with outdoor heaters. Food bit hit and miss, but usually decent enough. Obviously need to book, but might be worth a phone call. Good sized car park. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

I was thinking of treating the Mrs to the one at Turtle Bay.

11 hours ago, Dan.Reynolds said:

Yeh did quite a few many years back. The best one was Bunga Bunga in Battersea. Loads of booze and pizza, and then they turn the lights down, shut all the blinds and turn the clocks to 2.33am and you go mental like you're in a nightclub for a few hours. Then you exit the place at 5pm in bright daylight, checking the football scores on BBC wondering what world you are in

18 hours ago, Dan.Reynolds said:

8 hours ago, Dan.Reynolds said:

I was thinking of treating the Mrs to the one at Turtle Bay.

A few too many. The other half and her friends regularly did them pre-pandemic for birthdays etc. 

I've done ones at places like Flight Club in Shoreditch where we got battered and played smart darts, and at Ballie Ballerson where we got battered and dicked about in ball pits for 2 hours... Both great fun. It helps to have an activity or something unique about the location IMO.

I've done more standard ones and they're maybe not as good. They're fun still, but you just end up getting battered and chatting absolute rubbish at increasing volume until all the staff get fed up with you then move onto somewhere else at 2pm for the beginning of a very expensive 12 hour bender. 

Also worth checking as some places define "bottomless" very loosely. One I went to was like two bottles of Prosecco per hour for a table. Dogshit. 

Stay hydrated. :thumbup:

Edited by RoboFox

11 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Yeh did quite a few many years back. The best one was Bunga Bunga in Battersea. Loads of booze and pizza, and then they turn the lights down, shut all the blinds and turn the clocks to 2.33am and you go mental like you're in a nightclub for a few hours. Then you exit the place at 5pm in bright daylight, checking the football scores on BBC wondering what world you are in

Seems to me to be an easy way of getting people to part with loads of cash for very little in return

12 hours ago, Parafox said:

Seems to me to be an easy way of getting people to part with loads of cash for very little in return

£40 for unlimited pizza and prosecco (and unlimited was availed of on this occasion...). Better value than you can get in every other palce in SW London!

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

The landlord cheered up a bit in there?

Made me chuckle he did one evening when I was in there. Two ale drinkers came in faffing about deciding what drinks to order and one asked what the guest ale was like and if he could try a bit first. The landlord quickly told him he was only buying a feckin beer and not a house. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

The Everards beer hall opens today.

Never been a fan of Everards apart from their milk stout that seems to have disappeared. It was a while back since I last found it.

Generally I find their beer lightweight and unfulfilling (I don't mean it should get me pissed)

4 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Never been a fan of Everards apart from their milk stout that seems to have disappeared. It was a while back since I last found it.

Generally I find their beer lightweight and unfulfilling (I don't mean it should get me pissed)

You ever had old original?