Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jamesmilner

New training ground announced

Interesting comments from a local, who appears to have previously owned the land - apparently the council agreed to put a fly-over at that junction before the golf course opened - that was back in 1991, when the traffic would have been much, much lighter. They're right though, they really should make that junction safer. Also, apparently the scoping report has many inaccuracies. Which just suggests to me that they're in something of a hurry.

P/18/0536/2

Re traffic they can easily argue traffic flows will be less than the recent golf course use so don't expect any changes.

You would think planning maybe July this year and if they get stuck in probably ready for beginning of  2020.

Then we will obviously win the prem cup and champions leagye due to fantastic facilities.

33 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Re traffic they can easily argue traffic flows will be less than the recent golf course use so don't expect any changes.

You would think planning maybe July this year and if they get stuck in probably ready for beginning of  2020.

Then we will obviously win the prem cup and champions leagye due to fantastic facilities.

How much traffic would a golf course of that size usually get though?

I mean with a training facility of this size, you've got the senior and youth players which are more probably more than 50 right there. Then the coaching staff - senior management, assistants, coaches, assistant coaches, physios, sports science people - another 50? Then the recruitment team - Macia and his assistants, Rudkin and his team of forensic IT professionals for when he stuffs it up - another 25 maybe. Ground staff too, enough for 15 pitches, 1 indoors; the chefs and canteen staff, the media team, administration staff etc. 

You could be looking at 150+ people, coming and going all day and at all hours; a lot of that staff will need to be shuttled to and from the KP daily depending on their task in hand. That's before you add in journalists, agents, families etc.

Maybe we should just invest in a chinook.:dunno:

As it happens a traffic survey was done at forest Hill few years ago and trying to keep the numbers down(so we didn't have to do a road alteration)we were close to 300 vehicles in and  then out per day .Park Hill would have probably more.

The junction on A46 will not be changing due to the training ground

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yes bumped into Vichai, Top and Whelan coming out. Vichai shaking hands and having photos taken with fans including one family from S Africa who had a placard saying From SA and love LCFC.

• Like 1

I presume Forest Hill Golf Club have settled staff wages, which had been an issue initially after the training ground was announced to be relocated to there were announced?

• 4 weeks later...

Just to add a couple of comments .

Forest Hill Golf have lost a load of members more than usual over the winter - 150 plus not helped by the  possible closure.

Course is not great you can see a lack of motivation but credit head greenkeeper is still there and working hard.to get it back in shape

City Council and Soulsby demanded a lot of money to lift the restrictive covenant but he was quite happy to close down Western Park a while earlier for redevelopment probably not getting full value.

They will get their planning consent in Charnwood council area no doubts.

4 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Just to add a couple of comments .

Forest Hill Golf have lost a load of members more than usual over the winter - 150 plus not helped by the  possible closure.

Course is not great you can see a lack of motivation but credit head greenkeeper is still there and working hard.to get it back in shape

City Council and Soulsby demanded a lot of money to lift the restrictive covenant but he was quite happy to close down Western Park a while earlier for redevelopment probably not getting full value.

They will get their planning consent in Charnwood council area no doubts.

Am not surprised, considering Laki is apparently rarely seen himself now at the club.

Went there a couple of times last week to use the driving range and only saw a few people dotted about (just after midday).

Couple of my friends with 20 years plus there joined Hinckley and any number of others who have thought about it.

They have me back post surgery and my daughter back working there for now.Bit of a mess but the club committee guys are very good and glue it together.

18 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

This has all gone quiet too. No new documents on the planning page for almost a month. I want answers!

Sorry the delays all my fault.:ph34r:

My wife was meant to be dealing with this but as I registered her as a member to get an extra ticket for the community shield she had to declare an interest :unsure:

As for no new document that means there has been very little objection in recent weeks and they are seeking planning on the designs submitted the council have 8 weeks to make an outline decision so depending on what dates it was submitted it will likely be discussed at the next councillor meeting. Which are geneally held once a month in charnwood on the 1st or last Thursday of the month.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...