Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jamesmilner

New training ground announced

18 minutes ago, StanSP said:

is everyone okay with gold/bronze and no blue on the main building then?

Blue bricks are very expensive

1 hour ago, davieG said:

"Impressive images come after City filed a planning application to Charnwood Borough Council to begin development on the 180-acre site at Park Hill Golf Club in Seagrave."

Mail referring to us as City, there's a new one! Or is it just a copy+paste from the Merc? :whistle:

Looks amazing. Only 10 minutes away from me too. Wonder if there will be some sort of fan access. Would be great to watch the training sessions. Seagrave is basically in the middle of nowhere lol. So much countryside all around there.

6 hours ago, Thefoxman said:

My boys are in the academy, and traveling to belvoir drive is shocking at rush hour so hoping this will be much better! where is the exact location of the development?

The A46 can be a mare in rush hour too. Probably a lot worse than your journey now as its quite a distance away from Leicester.

Edit - just seen your in east goscote. Make that a lot easier then. 

Edited by smr
  • Like 2

On 31/01/2018 at 13:48, urban.spaceman said:

Drove past not long ago. Gates are shut but there seemed to be a bit of activity at the golf club building; most likely still clearing their stuff out. It does seem to be a brilliant location - still about a mile from the village (Seagrave) but access to the junction of the A46 away from it; travel between there and the KP shouldn't take too long. Can't see the immediate locals objecting too much - most traffic will avoid the village but they will still benefit from extra trade from staff and visiting journos & industry people.

Yeah i dont think the locals will mind. Theres no reason to go into seagrave as its straight access in and out from the a46. Besides theres no shops or anything in seagrave really!

On 16/02/2018 at 16:43, Dan LCFC said:

It's an absolutely horrible turn. I'll happily go a long way round to avoid it.

lol it is without doubt the most squeaky bum turning you can make in Leicestershire that I have ever found. God forbid anyones car ever broke down before reaching the middle intersection. I wonder if theyll reorganise that part of the road with more traffic going in and out of... ie the club personnel. 

• Like 2

The intricacy on the Plans, put across in the Artist's impression, are second to none.

I really hope they allow us opportunity to use these facilities as a fan base - i.e. going to second team matches, tours.

Maybe even open it up as a corporate event base for conferences. Just to think how far we have come in a decade and a half...

47 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Aiming for best in Europe? I really hope so! :fc:

Interesting to see Man City's cost £50 million and Spurs £45 million

We are doubling that spending! Very exciting times :scarf:

Man City's was £200m https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30376774

To be honest, it's pretty impressive tho.

Look how huge it is, they'll have to do LCFC / King Power branded golf carts so the players can get around!

Great location, plus a local heliport.

Our owners are really taking us above and beyond. Brilliant.

2 hours ago, smr said:

lol it is without doubt the most squeaky bum turning you can make in Leicestershire that I have ever found. God forbid anyones car ever broke down before reaching the middle intersection. I wonder if theyll reorganise that part of the road with more traffic going in and out of... ie the club personnel. 

Not sure why anyone bothers with it. Horrid at most times but rush hours you can sit there for ages. Easier as you say to go to goscote and pull on out the back of broome lane. At least it's a proper slip road.

3 hours ago, Thefoxman said:

Maybe who's this? ?

Haha. Gonna make you sweat on that. The fact you said boys(pleural) was a give away. They are awesome from what I've seen of them. Like mini messi. But with twin power as well.

• Haha 1

Found this in one of the documents RE A46 -

LCFC’s transport consultant has undertaken exhaustive technical analysis on the A46 junction, and engaged extensively with Highways England and the Highways Authority. This assessment confirms that the proposals will not create or exacerbate any issues at this junction.

Nevertheless, LCFC is committed to investing in the issues that are of importance to the local community. Consequently, the proposals incorporate upgrades to this junction, including:

• Widening the central refuge from 10 to 16m.
• Realigning the right-hand turn arrangement to create greater space for waiting cars turning right onto the A46.
• Introducing a new give-way for cars turning right into Park Hall Lane.
• New signage along Park Hill Lane and the A46 to ensure that drivers continue to use the junction with care.

https://pap.charnwood.gov.uk/AnitePublicDocs/00991138.pdf

Edited by Mehrez

To think It was only 11yrs ago that Martin Allen insisted on changing the flower beds at Belvoir drive to improve the training ground!! Who would of thought back then that we’d go on to spend £100m on a state of the art training ground that rivals any club in Europe?!?!

Joking aside, What an unbelievable investment from the owners! I can’t even imagine where we might be if they hadn’t bought us and makes u realise how lucky we are. The future is very bright 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Wrighty64 from Birmingham says it’s laughable. 

Cancel everything. Back to Belvoir Drive we go...

Rumble from Leicester shot that **** down in cold blood.

Almost out of character, but good on him  :D

rumble.thumb.JPG.44d0d1b8a82d8b495bad2f5a9862c6a0.JPG

• Like 1

Looking at what St. George’s Park and Man City’s state of the art complexes  seem to have done for England (bottom up) and Man City (despite vast player investment)  the future is very bright for the club but bear in mind it’s going to take time to get a pay back and this isn’t going to be built by next year ! 

What is a realistic date for this being ready to use???

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Looking at what St. George’s Park and Man City’s state of the art complexes  seem to have done for England (bottom up) and Man City (despite vast player investment)  the future is very bright for the club but bear in mind it’s going to take time to get a pay back and this isn’t going to be built by next year ! 

What is a realistic date for this being ready to use???

December 2020, provided planning doesn’t take too long

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

So that’s about three years then, maybe a little longer.......... things always take longer than intended. 

That side of the world work together like Ants and have stuff built in no time compared to normal stuff in this country. Im sure the owners fully intend to not drag it out if possible.

Edited by les-tah

7 minutes ago, les-tah said:

That side of the world work together like Ants and have stuff built in no time compared to normal stuff in this country. Im sure the owners fully intend to not drag it out if possible.

It works quickly out there because they don’t have things like planning enquiries etc etc. the correct palms would have been greased and work would have begun already!  And we don’t have the number of workers at the prices they pay to get the stuff done so quickly! 

sadly, the best intentions over here are scuppered by red tape etc ..... 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Haha. Gonna make you sweat on that. The fact you said boys(pleural) was a give away. They are awesome from what I've seen of them. Like mini messi. But with twin power as well.

Have not got a clue who you are lol, give me a clue?