Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jamesmilner

New training ground announced

28 minutes ago, holyfox said:

After seeing these plans I'm thrilled to bits but a little unsure how they can expand and rework the current stadium to be as iconic. These plans really do show the intent of the owners to put us on par with the best, but I'm starting to think maybe a whole new stadium is what we need, but who knows they may have plans to change the whole look and feel of the KP alongside the increased capacity. Well that's what I'm hoping for and anything less will feel a little bit of an anti climax

I hope they can work with the current stadium as it was originally designed to be expandable IIRC.

Building a whole new one is too costly and unnecessary, especially after what the KP has witnessed in its short 16 year existence. 

Add a tier all round with hospitality everywhere which will earn us more money, keeping the design inside consistent. Double concourse size and redesign the outer. 

When they’ve finished it will look awesome. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, richardsfoxes said:

What sort of time scale are we looking at regarding its completion, like 1-2 years? 

According to the submitted docs if they can get clearance by September they'll start building November this year, with a completion date end of 2020

18 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I know a few of the locals around there are unhappy with the plans, over fears that it could ruin the countryside etc.

The current site had already been bespoiled for 20 years by a ruddy great golf course with features like sand bunkers, ponds, roads, lake and a big building that wasn’t there before. This design might change all of that but I think they’ve done a decent job of fitting it in with the countryside. 

I hope the locals don’t stand in the way of this. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, thesilverfox said:

According to the submitted docs if they can get clearance by September they'll start building November this year, with a completion date end of 2020

They will be done by end of 2019 start of 2020 not end of 2020. Timeframe is 13 to 15 months they reckon.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Thefoxman said:

My boys are in the academy, and traveling to belvoir drive is shocking at rush hour so hoping this will be much better! where is the exact location of the development?

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-citys-proposed-80m-new-1142492

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

I had a quick look around some of the other training grounds for the big clubs across Europe and this looks on another level to pretty much them all, a real statement of ambition.

I've never been to Belvoir Drive to see our facilities but from the photos you see it looks like something a Leicestershire Senior League side would train at with the houses all backing on to the pitches.

When we show our prospective signings around these new facilities they'll know they're at a proper football club. :cool:

20 minutes ago, thesilverfox said:

According to this it's operational by December 2020. Either way, it's worth waiting for.

00991027.pdf

That contradicts what was said at the FCC they definitely stated a build of just over 12 months.

Wonder if that timeframe allows for hitting problems. 

8 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

That contradicts what was said at the FCC they definitely stated a build of just over 12 months.

Yeah probably going worse case scenario like you tell your neighbours when you're having an extension!! If it's done a year earlier you have very happy local residents!

I get the impression our owners don't want to hang around with this.

11 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

They don't need to complete all of it for the 1st team sqad to move in.

1 hour ago, Thefoxman said:

My boys are in the academy, and traveling to belvoir drive is shocking at rush hour so hoping this will be much better! where is the exact location of the development?

Seagrave. Near Sileby, Barrow up on Soar and Thrussington. 

Out of town own head down Abbey Lane to Red Hill Circle. 2nd exit through Birstall up to the big A6/A46 roundabout. Turn right onto A46, then left at the Hobby Horse roundabout. Seagrave is the 3rd exit from the A46 and the site is on the left. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Seagrave. Near Sileby, Barrow up on Soar and Thrussington. 

Out of town own head down Abbey Lane to Red Hill Circle. 2nd exit through Birstall up to the big A6/A46 roundabout. Turn right onto A46, then left at the Hobby Horse roundabout. Seagrave is the 3rd exit from the A46 and the site is on the left. 

I'm in East goscote so that's brilliant for us ?

• Like 1