Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
treer

Vardy miles too good for City

He fits in perfectly here. Wouldn't fit in at any other club how he fits in here I don't think. He thrives on the way that we play. Irreplaceable, invaluable and indispensable. Wouldn't sell him for any amount of money. If he was to move, I think he'd only go to a top 6 club and then I don't think he'd start every week. Potentially only Liverpool who have that something missing now they've sold Coutinho. 

11 hours ago, Fox92 said:

No he's not.

I like Vardy and he is one of my favourite LCFC players ever. I always defended him on here when he was struggling.

His record is good but he isn't as clinical as a proper finisher. Arsenal's style of play wouldn't have suited him.

We've had some great players at this club why do we have to constantly try and pick a number one.

Oh dear.

I think you will find his conversion rate is very very good in comparison to other PL strikers.

14 hours ago, Fox92 said:

His record is good but he isn't as clinical as a proper finisher. Arsenal's style of play wouldn't have suited him...

Yesterday he was working off scraps, had one and a half chances.

The one real chance wouldn't have been a chance but for his speed of thought and action to put himself in prime position. Once he'd done that, his decision-making and execution were peerless and he made as clinical a finish with it as you would expect from the highest class striker, and all that against the most expensive players in the league.

Vardy not clinical, not a proper finisher? What planet are you on?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The guy is absolutely top drawer. Not quite up there with Kane/Aguero/Lukaku but seriously not far off (in my opinion.)

Vardy has always played the same way but to say he couldn't fit in at a top top club is harsh imo. His rise has been meteoric and there is no real reason he couldn't have been successful if he went Arsenal, his mentality and ability to adapt to a higher level throughout his career suggests that anyway.

Oh dear me! Greatest of all time at LCFC? he's good, but probably wouldn't even be my top 3. He relies so much on his pace, his finishing is actually not amazing compared to other top strikers but he's a grafter. Which is why he's so good for the team. No striker defends from the top like Vardy does. But to say he's too good for us it the GOAT is just daft. 

Edited by hejammy

On 10/02/2018 at 21:50, treer said:

If he had gone to Arsenal when he had the chance we would all have been gutted, no one more so than me.

He must be given credit for staying at the club which gave him the chance to shine, but  I fear it has come at great cost to himself.

There are no ifs or buts he is the number 1 of all time in City's hall of fame.

fast window.gif

9 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

The guy is absolutely top drawer. Not quite up there with Kane/Aguero/Lukaku but seriously not far off (in my opinion.)

Vardy has always played the same way but to say he couldn't fit in at a top top club is harsh imo. His rise has been meteoric and there is no real reason he couldn't have been successful if he went Arsenal, his mentality and ability to adapt to a higher level throughout his career suggests that anyway.

Lukaku.

Dont be daft.

39 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Oh dear me! Greatest of all time at LCFC? he's good, but probably wouldn't even be my top 3. He relies so much on his pace, his finishing is actually not amazing compared to other top strikers but he's a grafter. Which is why he's so good for the team. No striker defends from the top like Vardy does. But to say he's too good for us it the GOAT is just daft. 

Not in your top 3 ???‍♂️

Check his conversion rate shots to  goals, compared to other PL strikers;I think within that information you will see how good that part of his game actually is.

It's his work rate and defensive effort that I adore. The bloke clearly loves playing football.

I also love that he told the Arse to do one after thinking about it. I understand the call of fame and the big money desire but he actually told them he'd changed his mind and then he played his heart out for Leicester.

He's a club and football legend.

I have to admit and hold my hands up that when Arsenal came in for him I thought he’d be mad to go because he wouldn’t have had game time etc. However Vardy has gone from strength to strength in my opinion and I think if he had of gone to Arsenal he’d have been a great success. 

Im glad he didn’t go though, I’ve said it many times before but he is Mr Leicester City. His story represents everything we’ve done over the last few seasons really, and I do get the impression he loves playing for Leicester too. 

2 hours ago, hejammy said:

No other Leicester striker has led us to a title.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Ranieri is in our top 3 managers...how can you argue against that?

I think plenty of people would. Point is, the argument is flawed - otherwise we have to mindlessly accept that every player that won the PL is in our top 3 all time LCFC players.

33 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

No other Leicester striker has led us to a title.

OK so no other right back apart from Simpson has led us to a title, greatest ever right back? 

Look I'm not denying Vardy is a good striker, but actually there were better individual players that played for us, Banks, Lineker, Weller, Izzet, Mahrez, Cambiasso etc all individually much better footballers than Vardy. Some people think he's our best ever player because he was in the team who won the league, its a flawed argument. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Not in your top 3 ???‍♂️

Check his conversion rate shots to  goals, compared to other PL strikers;I think within that information you will see how good that part of his game actually is.

Top 3 of all time Leicester legends? There are some great players he's competing with! You can't be so short sighted surely?