Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Evington Fosse Fox

Ticket arrangements for Chelsea FA game (not ideal)

I hear that the club are having two releases of the tickets,  (1) the first round to those fortunate to have season tickets, (2) next release for all foxes members, regardless of loyalty points!

Basically means that any Charlie, who does not attend regularly but has paid a one off can get tickets (with a chance to tout them).

The club did the same last year for the Athletico match.

They need to give priority to fox members who attend regularly and have a decent number of loyalty points (like they do for the prem league games)!

2 minutes ago, Evington Fosse Fox said:

I hear that the club are having two releases of the tickets,  (1) the first round to those fortunate to have season tickets, (2) next release for all foxes members, regardless of loyalty points!

Basically means that any Charlie, who does not attend regularly but has paid a one off for fox membership can get tickets (with a chance to tout them).

The club did the same last year for the Athletico match!!

They need to give priority to fox members who attend regularly and have a decent number of loyalty points (like they do for the prem league games)!

Where have you heard this? 

Just now, jammie82uk said:

Is this not how they do every single cup home game? 

Yes having thought about it, I'm pretty sure members don't have any priority over each other in the cup games. As long as you're on the ball and buy early doors we should be OK, no? 

16 minutes ago, Evington Fosse Fox said:

Basically means that any Charlie, who does not attend regularly but has paid a one off for fox membership can get tickets (with a chance to tout them).

The club did the same last year for the Athletico match!!

Where did you hear that?

Edited by shailen_patel4

5 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Yes having thought about it, I'm pretty sure members don't have any priority over each other in the cup games. As long as you're on the ball and buy early doors we should be OK, no? 

Just checked the Sheff United game and it was done exactly this way 

https://www.lcfc.com/news/612357/sheffield-united-cup-ticket-details-confirmed

14 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Just checked the Sheff United game and it was done exactly this way 

https://www.lcfc.com/news/612357/sheffield-united-cup-ticket-details-confirmed

I guess the only issue is that now presumably demand will be higher, there may not be enough tickets for every member, so maybe priority should be taken into account. But definitely up until now the way tickets have been sold has been fine,so we shall see 

• Like 2

Might be refreshing to have different faces in the ground, like fan substitutes. Honestly a lot that go regularly should be bloody banned for atmosphere negligence, Friday night amongst a few others was the worst atmosphere I’ve ever heard from a home premier league side.

4 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Might be refreshing to have different faces in the ground, like fan substitutes. Honestly a lot that go regularly should be bloody banned for atmosphere negligence, Friday night amongst a few others was the worst atmosphere I’ve ever heard from a home premier league side.

Will you be banning your self then? lol 

1 hour ago, dynamark said:

so Walsh 5 'didn't bother' but because he has a ST hes back in the front of the queue ? Loyalty

Good news for all that this will surely be on TV

Why are you so bitter towards STHs? apart from a few hundred STHs the rest have had one for at least 4 seasons 

I am season ticket holder and loyaly buy all cup home games....

I am also a member (yikes!)... so i can buy the odd extra ticket... but with the new system introduced this season my home points arent enough to be able to buy pl tickets.  Sio Getting some priority on the cup tickets is all a get for my 80 quid members fee.  

The club thinks members are non sths buying for themselves ... for me being a member was like buying an otion to use once in a while  (something the sharp commercial guys at the club failed to see) . We are a pl club with championship admin

Edited by foxinsocks

1 hour ago, dynamark said:

so Walsh 5 'didn't bother' but because he has a ST hes back in the front of the queue ? Loyalty

Good news for all that this will surely be on TV

And so he should be, he's probably earned the right. Just because he couldn't go to the game either due to another Friday commitment or just didn't want to is up to him. Somebody else would have got his ticket if they wanted it anyway. Sometimes that's the prize for having had a season ticket since the 80s through thick and thin and not just the Johnny come lately's who arrive when we're doing well and suddenly want to  buy a membership. Don't tell me that some of those, if able to buy a season ticket, wouldn't renew the moment we got relegated and became unfashionable again. That's how football is these days, it's oversubscribed. 

I'm a season ticket holder and have been for many years. My question is to those who think season ticket holders should not get priority is, where were you when we were crap? My loyalty for watching absolute rubbish and paying good money for it including travelling time is now being rewarded.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, foxoffderby said:

I'm a season ticket holder and have been for many years. My question is to those who think season ticket holders should not get priority is, where were you when we were crap? My loyalty for watching absolute rubbish and paying good money for it including travelling time is now being rewarded.

I have been a season ticket holder previously for 9 seasons; though I am not now, as I live miles away. It's always been the case with cup games that they are available to all after first allocations. The season ticket guarantees your ticket for the 19 home league games but the Cups do not, just as the draws themselves are by chance. Personally I don't see a problem with allowing other keen City supporters the opportunity to see their team should we get a home draw. There haven't been many recently. Enjoyed the game on Friday though that was my first since the Borussia pre-season one that we also won! So maybe you should allow me another ticket to see us through to Wembley :D 

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

with the new system introduced this season my home points arent enough to be able to buy pl tickets.  Sio Getting some priority on the cup tickets is all a get for my 80 quid members fee.

To my knowledge nearly every home game this season (with the possible exception of Man Utd and Liverpool) has gone through all three priority stages of membership, members ballot, and back on sale to all members and STH. Many have gone to general sale. Certainly every game since Man City at Christmas has had the opportunity for all members to buy tickets.

I appreciate you have both STH and membership but this has been the best season for ages to get access to games via membership since promotion. Even many away games have had sales Tom members in addition to the ballot.

The only gripe I can understand in this thread is the non priority of membership levels - once STH have had priority then there should be priority windows for members, although if demand mirrors previous rounds then this would be a waste of time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Evington Fosse Fox said:

Basically means that any Charlie, who does not attend regularly but has paid a one off can get tickets (with a chance to tout them).

The club did the same last year for the Athletico match.

as opposed to season ticket holders who don't attend regularly?

2 hours ago, foxoffderby said:

For cup games they should make it prioritised to people who bothered to come for the earlier rounds, i.e., Fleetwood, Peterborough and Sheff Utd.

It irks me that Chelsea will be sold out to people who can't be bothered to properly support their team.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Like 4