Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

51 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Two Tailed Lion and Bowling Green pre game yesterday and a pretty ordinary Guinness in the new Irish bar Katie O'Briens post game. I probably expected too much from it lol

It's a thoroughly average stout that can ether be served well or badly. 

Even a really well looked after pint is still Guinness at the end of the day .

I'm no Brewdog fan boy but the black heart is a much better beer. 

• Like 3

Greene King really pushing level head I see. All over London. Generally avoid Greene King but especially with this beer seeing they've appropriated the story and image of our blessed Saint Edmund, last native king of East Anglia. My culture is not your prom dress. 

Edited by bovril
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

It's a thoroughly average stout that can ether be served well or badly. 

Even a really well looked after pint is still Guinness at the end of the day .

I'm no Brewdog fan boy but the black heart is a much better beer. 

Guinness is just an easy go to and does a job. A well looked after Guinness, particularly in Ireland is definitely not average, but it's all down to personal taste I suppose.

I've been meaning to try Black Heart, I'll give it a go next time I see it.

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

Everards’s Vanilla pale is top drawer

Where is that available?

They do a lot of pilot brews now and are becoming slightly more progressive. 

Someone was saying one of the local craft brewers should take over the old BD site in town, I actually think Everards could take it on as a specific place for their more modern brews? 

12 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Where is that available?

They do a lot of pilot brews now and are becoming slightly more progressive. 

Someone was saying one of the local craft brewers should take over the old BD site in town, I actually think Everards could take it on as a specific place for their more modern brews? 

This was at the beer hall near Fosse Park 

• Like 1

Mentioned to a mate I enjoyed a Titanic Stout but I hadn't seen it on anywhere for ages on Sunday afternoon.

Went in one of my local gaffs last night and there it was. Lovely stuff. 

Edited by ajthefox

4 hours ago, bovril said:

Get your last takeaway orders in before September 30th. What a shame.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/pub-takeaway-pints-banned/

I can't thing of any good reason to do this apart from their focus group suggesting that the only people who enjoyed a takeaway pint were labour voters and therefore they're getting one over the woke libtards.

3 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I can't thing of any good reason to do this apart from their focus group suggesting that the only people who enjoyed a takeaway pint were labour voters and therefore they're getting one over the woke libtards.

something good about Britain so of course the government wants to end it

5 hours ago, bovril said:

Get your last takeaway orders in before September 30th. What a shame.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/pub-takeaway-pints-banned/

Some pubs will or should have applied for on and off sales licences when initially getting their licence. Particularly modern pubs offering bottles and cans for takeout alongside the usual on-sales.  

More trad pubs can apply for an off-licence from the local authority.  Generally it's granted without an issue but there is, of course, an annual fee.   Basically, if pubs want to carry on doing takeout i.e. it's worth their while, then most will be able to find a way to do so.  If it isn't, they won't.  It's just that much more of a pain in the arse and costly.  

You can only laugh at the government's consultation - consulting with local authorities (who want to charge for a licence) neighbourhood groups (when do they ever want to encourage boozing) and drinks retailers (i.e. supermarkets).  

So in summary, the supermarkets don't like it and the local authority want to get back to making a bit of extra money out of pubs that are often struggling. 

2 hours ago, ajthefox said:

Mentioned to a mate I enjoyed a Titanic Stout but I hadn't seen it on anywhere for ages on Sunday afternoon.

Had it in Rutland and Derby before, it's a cracker.

6 hours ago, ajthefox said:

Another pint better than Guinness 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Stadt said:

Everard's own all the Titanic pubs which is why you sometimes see it on in their boozers

Do Everards lease them all out to the brewery then or something? 

I've just been on their website for the first time and only now seen that they're Staffordshire based.

I naively thought they were Liverpool based what with the obvious connection and that I'd never seen any of their stuff on tap anywhere else.