Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

5 hours ago, westernpark said:

Been on in Blue Boar recently. Also noticed it was on a coming soon page for a place I’m visiting in Hereford next week. Must be branching out.

Was on in one of my locals in Bristol a couple of weeks ago as well, so seems to be getting all over.

• Like 1

So chaps, going to a gig at the O2 academy tonight and need somewhere for a decent beer and food preferably with an outdoor area that isn't shit as the weather looks nice. 

It looks a black hole round there, am I missing anything? 

12 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

So chaps, going to a gig at the O2 academy tonight and need somewhere for a decent beer and food preferably with an outdoor area that isn't shit as the weather looks nice. 

It looks a black hole round there, am I missing anything? 

Having spent 4 years on that campus, yes it is a black hole and has not improved in the time since! Probably best at looking at the Marquis on London road, has a good garden, or even the Clarendon but then you have to walk over Vicky Park. If I’m missing somewhere then I’d love to know but I don’t think I am unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Having spent 4 years on that campus, yes it is a black hole and has not improved in the time since! Probably best at looking at the Marquis on London road, has a good garden, or even the Clarendon but then you have to walk over Vicky Park. If I’m missing somewhere then I’d love to know but I don’t think I am unfortunately.

Cheers, The Marquis Wellington was my current thinking.

Tempted to eat at Mitsuki but the weather is going to be good. 

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Absolutely fantastic pub. Have you been tonthe Duke of York too?

No mate I was at a work thing yesterday and only managed 3 very quick pints in the crown before our event. The weather and atmosphere was insane and I need to go back asap.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

A bottle of Moongazer Stubblestack.

Lager but definitely had a Norfolk twist on it. Must be the barley?

We have the soil and the weather for it. They've been malting there since Roman times.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wortho said:

Is it me or do you find it strong?

I drink it in another pub and it’s £6.50 a pint, London prices!!

5 pints last night and felt ok this AM. Mouth drier than the Sahara now mind

Drinking Messina in Sicily, decent stuff.

Went to a couple of craft beer places last night. First one I got a pint of local IPA that you would have been served 2/3 of at home, blew my head off.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Went to a couple of craft beer places last night. First one I got a pint of local IPA that you would have been served 2/3 of at home, blew my head off.

Italian lager is great but their pub/bar scene doesn’t match up to it. Peroni red and Ichnusa are so easy to drink 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Italian lager is great but their pub/bar scene doesn’t match up to it. Peroni red and Ichnusa are so easy to drink 

Agreed, all about the wine over here aren’t they so they don’t end up with really decent beer pubs.

Like an Ichnusa.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Sicily is where I first really understood the appeal of ice cold lager.

• Like 1