Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

42 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Having my first covid Guinness in the boozer and someone shout wake up Maggy because I've got an absolute rod on

Broke through the A46 line with little resistance last week and had one in the Coach & Horses in Anstey. Was awful, Marston’s pubs are so wank

11 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Will check it out. Yet to have a bad beer with the word 'Gold' in its name. But then I've never tried Foster's Gold...

Exmoor Gold was one of the first and still one of the better ones in my opinion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Coach and Horses is what it is, not the worst boozer in Anstey tbf. Hare and Hounds is decent

Popped in there too, much better set up. Anstey’s far better for a pint that Glenfield tbf. Hoping to get to the little brewpub place soon 

• Like 1

Few pints of amstel last night sat outside the local. Great to be able to sit round a big table and chat to a few mates.

Downside the tenants have decided to leave at end of lease so in October I reckon that's another pub gone. As you would have to be mad to take on anywhere at the moment, especially when the weather turns and the maximum they are allowed in at 1 time is 19. How do you make a living of a maximum of 19 drinkers unless you invite alcoholics not so anonymous.

On 23/07/2020 at 22:57, Stadt said:

Are sour beers any good? Don’t think I’ve ever had one and they sound curious enough 

I'm not a massive fan generally but the bigger tescos stock this, which I enjoyed..

London Beer Factory Sour Solstice 330Ml - Tesco Groceries

Edited by ajthefox
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

I'm not a massive fan generally but the bigger tescos stock this, which I enjoyed..

London Beer Factory Sour Solstice 330Ml - Tesco Groceries

I’ve just bought one of them from Tesco, will try it later.

Also got a Peanut butter and Jelly stout by Northern Monk from there, tasty.

1 minute ago, Samilktray said:

Which ones? I’m heading up to Sheffield in a few weeks so will definitely be around that way at some point 

The Wellington, The Millowners Arms, Riverside and Gardeners Rest.

Others to check out on Kelham are - The Fat Cat, Shakespeare's, Kelham Island Tavern, Bar Stewards and The Harlequin.

Bar Stewards will be up for your street for some far out rascal cans.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

The Wellington, The Millowners Arms, Riverside and Gardeners Rest.

Others to check out on Kelham are - The Fat Cat, Shakespeare's, Kelham Island Tavern, Bar Stewards and The Harlequin.

Bar Stewards will be up for your street for some far out rascal cans.

Haha you’re very right, Ive liked Bar Stewards when I’ve been in the past 

On 22/07/2020 at 12:34, Unabomber said:

Tripel Karmiliet, Leffe and Cerveza La Virgen arrived yesterday. Got them 3 as were part of the multi buy deal but really the main one I’ve been waiting to have in the keg is the karmiliet. I have stuck it in today for Saturday. 

How did the Karmiliet and Virgen go down on the draft? 

Had a lovely pint (3) of Krusovice in the head of steam on Wednesday night. Those Czechs really know how to brew beer. 

6 minutes ago, Manini said:

How did the Karmiliet and Virgen go down on the draft? 

Had a lovely pint (3) of Krusovice in the head of steam on Wednesday night. Those Czechs really know how to brew beer. 

Really nice mate. Karmeliet is class but took a while to get through as wasn’t drinking pints of it. Have Leffe in atm and had a few last night and I think that’s my favourite so far. Just tastes great on draft.

Awwww F**k, Twenty minutes ago and I can't remember.

Just come across my ex in my local. Unfortunately we live about ten minutes walk apart.

I slipped out quickly. The last time we met face to face there was an angry confrontation and it ended with a call to the police. Not for the first time.

I just couldn't face the prospect of being interviewed under caution once again for something I haven't even done.

Now what might be the pretext this time? My house has nice new windows and has had quite a bit of money spent on it and I drive a much better car. I am fitter than I have been for years and the weight I should be. She looks like a prime candidate for this new government campaign against obesity.

Houses can be a horrible trap if they harbour volumes of bad memories.

23 minutes ago, The Fox Covert said:

Just come across my ex in my local. Unfortunately we live about ten minutes walk apart.

I slipped out quickly. The last time we met face to face there was an angry confrontation and it ended with a call to the police. Not for the first time.

I just couldn't face the prospect of being interviewed under caution once again for something I haven't even done.

Now what might be the pretext this time? My house has nice new windows and has had quite a bit of money spent on it and I drive a much better car. I am fitter than I have been for years and the weight I should be. She looks like a prime candidate for this new government campaign against obesity.

Is this Foxestalk or Hollyoaks Late? And you know what, I don't bloody mind it!

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, The Fox Covert said:

I feel like I’m building up a picture as to how this happened.