Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

I've been stripping very old and very thick wallpaper all day up a step ladder and I have earned a wee swallie.

I am about to fire into Williams Bros Kelpie.

Dark ale, usual roasted falvours, but with a slight salty note, because they use seaweed in the production.

Bring it on...

:beer:

Tried the Everard's Golden Hop at The Forge in Glenfield yesterday. Wasn't anything too much to write home about, but the Tiger there was better.

Was great to be back in Duffy's yesterday too. Surely the best boozer in Leicester for a Guinness?

Chilling with a post-cricket Oakham Citra now. Hits the spot perfectly, very refreshing.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Vacamion said:

I've been stripping very old and very thick wallpaper all day up a step ladder and I have earned a wee swallie.

I am about to fire into Williams Bros Kelpie.

Dark ale, usual roasted falvours, but with a slight salty note, because they use seaweed in the production.

Bring it on...

:beer:

Hope you enjoyed it ..   but roasted ..  salty ..  and seaweed ! ..   definitely not for me !!  :cry:

• Haha 1

On 30/08/2020 at 12:07, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Not sure if it's anyones bag but Thornbridge have canned up the salted caramel iteration of Lucaria, it's bloody lovely. 12 tins for about 23 quid + postage, very decent stuff.

Sinking these r n, she's got a right lovely nose. Love beers that draw you in with how they goddam smell brothers !

Is a perfect draft worth the money? My girlfriend is thinking of getting me one for my birthday but im a bit apprehensive based on the price of the kegs, and the machine. Can you get them kegs anywhere else other than beerhawk? How do the beers turn out? There's plenty on the beer hawk site I like but wondering if there's cheaper available.

TTL wasn’t open and Blue Boar was too militant for my liking so had a few in the Globe and King’s Head tonight. Some IPA called Millennial at 6.6% was ok but not the best, technically I’m Gen Z so that rankled with me too, petulantly 

On 04/09/2020 at 10:50, Kopic said:

Is a perfect draft worth the money? My girlfriend is thinking of getting me one for my birthday but im a bit apprehensive based on the price of the kegs, and the machine. Can you get them kegs anywhere else other than beerhawk? How do the beers turn out? There's plenty on the beer hawk site I like but wondering if there's cheaper available.

It’s hard to say really for me it is worth it. The kegs don’t work out too bad as you get £5 back for each one and also beer tokens with every purchase which you can use on future orders.

In terms it the beer the options are great and the pints come out better than a pub. I have tried all different beers and have enjoyed them all. 

• Thanks 1

Off in town tomorrow and TTL looks like it’s got a selection of absolute GOATs on tap.

Just been in Tesco and they have that new Layer Cakes by Brewdog on the shelves, lovely jubbly. Get to the checkout “oh sorry we haven’t put it on the system” bastards wouldn’t sell to to me.