Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

Someone I know has today put a different prospective on things that I never really considered a possibility. The owners have told the players that Puel is here to stay, so step up and perform or leave in the summer ? My view of Puel out firmly remains the same though.

4 hours ago, STUHILL said:

How many managers talk a good game? He will be rightly judged on what he delivers in results, not what he says. 

Except people have been judging the performances and suggesting that its how Puel wants to play, which is where him talking about his vision comes into play. Yeah, if you can't execute it doesn't matter how good your vision is, but the point they were responding to is all about what he says 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, karl rudham said:

Someone I know has today put a different prospective on things that I never really considered a possibility. The owners have told the players that Puel is here to stay, so step up and perform or leave in the summer ? My view of Puel out firmly remains the same though.

Or they told Puel that he's gone after the Spurs game and last night was the players' reaction. Puel didn't look like a manager whose team had come back from a dismal spell with a really good performance and victory at any point during the game.

• Like 1

I’ve no doubt that tactically he is very astute and has the ability to build a team/system that could be a force to be reckoned with ...    on the other hand can he motivate players with that very soft approach, and indeed, attract good players ...     the answer ...    I’ve no idea ..   :mellow:.      Do we trust him to spend a shed load of money ? ....    :mellow:    Same answer.

40 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I’ve no doubt that tactically he is very astute and has the ability to build a team/system that could be a force to be reckoned with ...    on the other hand can he motivate players with that very soft approach, and indeed, attract good players ...     the answer ...    I’ve no idea ..   :mellow:.      Do we trust him to spend a shed load of money ? ....    :mellow:    Same answer.

given his record at developing younger players we may not need to spend shed loads of money

3 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

given his record at developing younger players we may not need to spend shed loads of money

Yep, he is big on developing young talent ..  but we need a quick fix to move forward ...  proven players that improve the first eleven.

5 hours ago, STUHILL said:

How many managers talk a good game? He will be rightly judged on what he delivers in results, not what he says. 

And he will finish in 9th, possibly 8th place!

Good enough for any manager in the club’s history.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

Please elaborate.

I think you've been victim of a bit of an urban myth there.

I'd also like to point out that most Ligue 1 clubs in France are pretty much depending on developing young players in order to sell them to...

Yes, that's right. The Premier League most of all.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Thanks 1

This question “do we trust Puel with all this money in the summer?” is a non-issue and does not reflect how modern clubs operate.

Yes the manager has some say and clout, but so do others - ie the recruitment/scouting team etc.

A more accurate question is “do we trust this setup with all this money?”

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

His body language etc last night was dreadful (away from interaction with wenger) 

he just looked and sounded like he was carrying out his professional duties, having been informed that he was getting the boot next week 

In all fairness, its always been like that so hard to read. 

36 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

In all fairness, its always been like that so hard to read. 

In the past, he has celebrated goals with clenched fists and looked like he really cared ..... last night he looked down and kicked stuff around his technical area after we scored 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

In the past, he has celebrated goals with clenched fists and looked like he really cared ..... last night he looked down and kicked stuff around his technical area after we scored 

Saw him last night still going mad at the ref for the smallest of things. 

10 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Only manager to beat Arsenal in the premier league era, and with a depleted squad.  Can't be that bad

I did see him interacting with people on the touchline.  Clearly telling Gray to push forward and .... win a peno

True about Puel being the only manager to defeat Arsenal in the Premier League era : although the day after Brian Little left for Villa (22/11/1994), was the only time we beat Arsenal in the Prem. before yesterday - which the caretaker duo of Tony McAndrew and Kevin MAcDonald oversaw on 23/11/1994. 23 & a half years later we finally pull it off again! :-)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Bit that worries me is the 20% of fans who change their mind after a 3-1 win against a ten men side without a point away from home all year....

Indecision may or may not be the problem here.

or maybe some fans dont bother with the football part of the forum after a loss?

Guest Markyblue
53 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Arsenal haven’t won away all season it’s nothing really to brag about! 

What were such a massive club that beating arsenal is nothing. Same old same old lose people moan play well and win people come up with a reason why we won because of the other teams failings as a group of fans we should take a good look at ourselves. 

14 hours ago, Countryfox said:

couldn't have put it better myself

I reckon that the fact that the transfer window opens next Friday makes it highly unlikely that Puel will be ditched ,as it would potentially cost us crucial signings. Huth's release adds further weight to the view that Puel is calling the shots with the full backing of the Owners and that the firestorm has past.   

I just hope that my trip to Wembley on Sunday isn't ruined by another gutless surrender that would reignite it .