Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Linked Players

6 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Reports this morning Rondon will be available for £16.5m in summer. Spurs, Chelsea and West ham could be interested. We should be all over this, knows prem and scored goals in a poor side. To think we paid nearly twice that for Slim..... 

I hear you but we have Vardy and Nacho who play number 9 already. Good player but rather we spent the cash on a number 10, a right back, a winger and a centre back.

39 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Reports this morning Rondon will be available for £16.5m in summer. Spurs, Chelsea and West ham could be interested. We should be all over this, knows prem and scored goals in a poor side. To think we paid nearly twice that for Slim..... 

im sure that he has got a £8m release clause if west brom goes down. can anyone confirm this.

Where has this Rondon love in come from?

we play one up top (Vardy) Rondon is a number 9 so he’s not gonna play ahead of him.

He is the main striker for West Brom and has been for the last few years. He won’t start here and he won’t come to be on the bench.

i understand we need a plan b striker but can’t see him coming here to be back up.

Leicester desperately need a proper number 10.

3 minutes ago, mod hero said:

Where has this Rondon love in come from?

we play one up top (Vardy) Rondon is a number 9 so he’s not gonna play ahead of him.

He is the main striker for West Brom and has been for the last few years. He won’t start here and he won’t come to be on the bench.

i understand we need a plan b striker but can’t see him coming here to be back up.

Leicester desperately need a proper number 10.

Here's a proper 10....

s-l300.jpg

On 06/04/2018 at 22:06, justfoxes said:

The Thorgen Hazard rumours seemed to have slipped away pity he does look a quality player, Don’t know what to think of Ben Arfa looks like he could disrupt the dressing room a bit if he doesn’t get his own way!

But we'll be probably to looking intbsign all unsunder over the next few months with the obligatory lazy journalist crap !!

Sounds like he'd fit in well then.

Rondon - no thanks, unless we are aiming to be in a relegation scrap next season.

Josh Murphy

The financial situation could also see them cash in on in-form winger Murphy, who scored his 10th of the season against Aston Villa last weekend in a brilliant Man of the Match display.

The 23-year-old’s twin brother Jacob was sold to Newcastle last summer for £12m and MirrorSport understands Josh is attracting interest from Leicester, Bournemouth and Crystal Palace.

10 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Josh Murphy

The financial situation could also see them cash in on in-form winger Murphy, who scored his 10th of the season against Aston Villa last weekend in a brilliant Man of the Match display.

The 23-year-old’s twin brother Jacob was sold to Newcastle last summer for £12m and MirrorSport understands Josh is attracting interest from Leicester, Bournemouth and Crystal Palace.

No thanks. Any player that might go to Bournemouth or Palace should be not interesting us. :dry:

• 6 months later...
On 07/04/2018 at 03:43, Ric Flair said:

You are off your head 

'On 06/04/2018 at 19:32, Lambert09 said: For the fee involved I would probably prefer to persevere with Chillwell. Time will tell who ends up the better player. '

Hate to be the guy who brings old stuff back up, but just wondering... am I still off my head?

Edited by Lambert09

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:
'On 06/04/2018 at 19:32, Lambert09 said: For the fee involved I would probably prefer to persevere with Chillwell. Time will tell who ends up the better player. '

Hate to be the guy who brings old stuff back up, but just wondering... am I still off my head?

If you hate to bring it up why bring it up? 

Dont you think its a little sad digging around for old threads just so you can jerk yourself off to scoring points over other posters? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Surely you should know given the exact circumstances that it is way too early to write a player off. I will have to hold my hands up and say that the transformation in Chilwell from last season to this is remarkable. Remarkable in the sense that his potential and promise that was on show early on as a Leicester player was barely seen last season when he was given more of a chance and with a manager who had ultimate faith in him. I genuinely feared he wasn't as good as we first thought he was, defensively he looked disinterested and his end product going forward was poor. Then I read an article with him earlier this summer and was taken aback with his honesty and thoughts and he's backed up that with unbelievable hard work and he's now showing signs of being a very good player.

Who will have the better career out of Chilwell and Sessegnon, I'm not sure. One is a natural goal scorer coming up from the Championship that happens to play anywhere down the left hand side including defence strangely, very much like Gareth Bale seemed to do. Chilwell I don't think will have the same level of creativity and scoring ability but he's improved defensively beyond recognition and with good end product as well then he's the complete package for a full back. It's certainly too early to write Sessegnon off, even if I was guilty of doing that to Chilwell.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Surely you should know given the exact circumstances that it is way too early to write a player off. I will have to hold my hands up and say that the transformation in Chilwell from last season to this is remarkable. Remarkable in the sense that his potential and promise that was on show early on as a Leicester player was barely seen last season when he was given more of a chance and with a manager who had ultimate faith in him. I genuinely feared he wasn't as good as we first thought he was, defensively he looked disinterested and his end product going forward was poor. Then I read an article with him earlier this summer and was taken aback with his honesty and thoughts and he's backed up that with unbelievable hard work and he's now showing signs of being a very good player.

Who will have the better career out of Chilwell and Sessegnon, I'm not sure. One is a natural goal scorer coming up from the Championship that happens to play anywhere down the left hand side including defence strangely, very much like Gareth Bale seemed to do. Chilwell I don't think will have the same level of creativity and scoring ability but he's improved defensively beyond recognition and with good end product as well then he's the complete package for a full back. It's certainly too early to write Sessegnon off, even if I was guilty of doing that to Chilwell.

Fair play, ‘we’re all wrong twice a day’. If we knew it all, we’d all be scouts. 

I agree about Sessengon, he may well end up the better player. I just hate it when we write off our own players and assume the grass is greener on the other side.

With all young players, you never know when their development is over. As you mentioned, in that article it’s clear that Ben is incredibly driven and perhaps without that extra effort in pre-season we’d all be sat here moaning about him.

• Like 1

On 07/04/2018 at 06:05, Lambert09 said:

I like to think we’ve improved far beyond players like Cairney and Maddison. Talents but not showed enough to warrant top 7 premier league and that’s where we want to be. I’m not saying they’d flop and I realise we got to where we are with these sort of signings but we need a vast improvement on what we have and these guys don’t do it for me. 

The only player in the in the championship who id consider is Ruben Neves. 

Surprised you blew your own trumpet when a few posts earlier you said madisson wasn’t up to it .....

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Surprised you blew your own trumpet when a few posts earlier you said madisson wasn’t up to it .....

Haha that’s completely fair. 

Didnt remember saying that. Its quite funny looking back at the transfer stuff. Pretty sure half the forum wrote off Alcacer and look at him. 

Really does show you never can tell. Sorry mr Madderz, i couldn’t have been any more wrong on this one. 

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

17 hours ago, psychonaut said:

If you hate to bring it up why bring it up? 

Dont you think its a little sad digging around for old threads just so you can jerk yourself off to scoring points over other posters? 

But he would not of held his hands up for being wrong. 

Oh look st albans has got the proof lol lol lol

3 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Fair play, ‘we’re all wrong twice a day’. If we knew it all, we’d all be scouts. 

I agree about Sessengon, he may well end up the better player. I just hate it when we write off our own players and assume the grass is greener on the other side.

With all young players, you never know when their development is over. As you mentioned, in that article it’s clear that Ben is incredibly driven and perhaps without that extra effort in pre-season we’d all be sat here moaning about him.

A friend of mine is a part-time scout for Arsenal and was responsible for them recruiting Joel Cambell (which is probably not the best example to prove he knows his stuff, but there you go!) and said that in his personal opinion he's not that impressed by Sessengnon. He said that the feeling among scouts he talked to was that Sessengnon was well ahead the curve because of his physical development rather than his skill, and that his technique and touch whilst good, weren't that stand out among other youngsters in the Championship last year. 

His pro tip for a player he thinks is worth keeping an eye on is Eberechi Eze of QPR who he described as "an absolute unit but with the touch of an artisan". Totally different kind of player though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

What? 

Is this before and after the stopped clock?

3 hours ago, sylofox said:

But he would not of held his hands up for being wrong. 

Oh look st albans has got the proof lol lol lol

That's what forums are for!  I trust people to remind me that im not a prophet, otherwise I will end up with a gambling problem lol