Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

13 hours ago, Fox92 said:

hahah what

Love how he waited until Wolves had money/success before suing them and not when they were in League 1, does he have the same lawyer as Marvin Gaye's kids?

• Haha 3

So do we want Chelsea to win the Europa? (I know want is a strong word). Our eventual goal is to replace one of the top 6. If Arsenal win and get Champions League football, it'll be that much harder to catch them.

18 minutes ago, Danizen said:

So do we want Chelsea to win the Europa? (I know want is a strong word). Our eventual goal is to replace one of the top 6. If Arsenal win and get Champions League football, it'll be that much harder to catch them.

Chelsea have a transfer ban and will probably lose Hazard so they're also catchable. 

I like Arsenal a bit more than Chelsea anyway tbh.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nnfox said:

Four English teams in the two major European finals.  Like them or loathe them, that is some achievement :appl:

And does our co-efficient the power of good!

This is actually terrible for English football. It further reduces competition at the top of the table. Also makes it more likely we'll lose our best players to them if they want them.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I don't know that it's that big of an achievement when we all collectively earn far more than the rest of Europe combined. 

Especially given its not like the key players at these teams are British, we can just afford the best international talent. 

I actually worry, I hope this year is a bit of a one off. The Italians and French are already angling for more advanced talks in European Super Leagues because they see themselves getting left behind. 

The last thing we need is the Spanish and Germans keen on the idea because the English start winning everything. 

Let's be honest, our top six are just better than the vast majority of clubs in the world and that's even when they're going through transition. 

Throw in the fact that Bayern, Barca and Real are all at the end of current generations and ALL need to rebuild their squads over the next three or four years and this isn't an achievement at all, it's just inevitable. 

Anyone "proud" of this other than the executives at BT and the Premier League that made it happen needs to give their heads a wobble really. It's not an achievement, it's just money. English clubs being the four major finalists in Europe is like PSG winning the league quite frankly. 

Who did they beat to get there? We're all getting excited about an Ajax team full of inexperienced kids from Europe's like 9th best league and the worst Barcelona team for ten years. 

Even though this post is very much agreeable and insightful, this type of well-balanced post is just too good for this forum really..

Please, dumb down. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, StanSP said:

Just a tired and lazy tag for them :unsure:

They were never in a position of winning the title (always behind us in 15/16, always behind City & Liverpool this season). What titles have they bottled?

All of them. ;)

I expect us to beat Chelsea to complete the double . We owned Arsenal . We took points off the top two and were decent against Man U. Only Spurs really did us . We aren’t in a bad place at all , and once Brendan works out how to deal with bus Parkers and Palace we’ll be fine :scarf:

27 minutes ago, surrifox said:

I expect us to beat Chelsea to complete the double . We owned Arsenal . We took points off the top two and were decent against Man U. Only Spurs really did us . We aren’t in a bad place at all , and once Brendan works out how to deal with bus Parkers and Palace we’ll be fine :scarf:

When you put it like that, I'd say we are pretty much nailed on to win the league again or at the very least get Champions League football. Anything less and its Rodgers out for me ;)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ian_marshall said:

Just read on the BBC website that the stadium hosting the Europa League final holds 68,000 yet both finalists have been allocated 6,000 seats each! Absolutely disgusting that any finalist should receive less than 10% of the capacity. I appreciate that sometimes it might be necessary if the stadium isn't particularly big (of course one would have to question why a bigger stadium wasn't selected in the first place) but in a stadium holding nearly 70,000 this is very poor practice (Note: I realise that other previous finalists have probably faced similar dilemmas so this isn't necessarily a conspiracy against PL teams). 

It's just trouble waiting to happen. You'll get thousands of fans from each fan base going without a ticket.

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It's just trouble waiting to happen. You'll get thousands of fans from each fan base going without a ticket.

Same with the CL final. 40,000 scousers and 40,000 Spuds estimated to be trying to get to Madrid. 

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Bit of a weird buy for me.  The kid has talent but is he the type of player United need?

Better signing him than say a player of a similar potential from abroad for treble the price. I’d say it’s too soon for James to make such a step up but it’s a very low risk signing and they’ll almost definitely make a profit even if he doesn’t make the grade there.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Better signing him than say a player of a similar potential from abroad for treble the price. I’d say it’s too soon for James to make such a step up but it’s a very low risk signing and they’ll almost definitely make a profit even if he doesn’t make the grade there.

I was thinking when I type my comment out that usually he'd go to a mid-table team or lower and get game time and experience before moving to a higher club. 

you're right in what you say, potentially just out of class for United to be buying young players rather than highly talented older professionals.

Hoping they don't expect too much immediately and let him develop 

Really, really disappointed if James goes to United. What a waste of a career. 

Would be much better served at a Bournemouth, Watford, Leicester, Everton, whatever where he'd actually be competing to start. 

Even if Ole plays him because he's desperate to be the new Ferguson, as soon as he's inevitably sacked the new gaffer is just going to want some megastar. 

Literally the worst club in Europe for a young player to go to right now. Shambles. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Really, really disappointed if James goes to United. What a waste of a career. 

Would be much better served at a Bournemouth, Watford, Leicester, Everton, whatever where he'd actually be competing to start. 

Even if Ole plays him because he's desperate to be the new Ferguson, as soon as he's inevitably sacked the new gaffer is just going to want some megastar. 

Literally the worst club in Europe for a young player to go to right now. Shambles. 

You’re going over the top here because he’s ‘Welsh’. United have needed wingers for two windows now and their fans are fed up of Sanchez, Rashford and Martial out wide, who are all better off as strikers anyway.

Worst case scenario is that he does a Zaha and has decent premier league career anyway.

6 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

This is actually terrible for English football. It further reduces competition at the top of the table. Also makes it more likely we'll lose our best players to them if they want them.

But all those teams are already considered top 6 in this country so what changes?