Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

5 minutes ago, Royston. said:

But all those teams are already considered top 6 in this country so what changes?

I think he is referring to the gap widening even further. Top 6 already is a closed shop more or less, this success with lots of extra money helps feed that.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I actually worry, I hope this year is a bit of a one off. The Italians and French are already angling for more advanced talks in European Super Leagues because they see themselves getting left behind. 

The last thing we need is the Spanish and Germans keen on the idea because the English start winning everything.

This.  But maybe a ray of hope -- if the top PL clubs are having it and eating it too, will they be receptive to sharing the cake?

The proposal revealed last month was a naked attempt to tilt the money back toward Italy.  Meaning “out of the PL clubs”.  If new ESL revenues don’t much improve UK balance sheets, won’t Woodward et al dig in for more?

Billionaires squabbling over the next billions might at least slow the damn thing down.  An ESL would not sell as well without the Manchester clubs and Liverpool.

18 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I think he is referring to the gap widening even further. Top 6 already is a closed shop more or less, this success with lots of extra money helps feed that.

Yeah but top 6 clubs would probably make the latter stages of europe and finish top 6 anyway?

32 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

This is a weird, weird extract from the interview. It feels as if this is a sly dig at Levy or hints he may leave? Usual a manager would talk on what they want to do or achieve, but something doesn't feel right here 

according to a Spanish report from earlier this week, there was a number of players who wanted to leave at the beginning of the season.  maybe poch just sees a CL win as something he simply cannot exceed at spurs and would take a break before a new challenge.

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

according to a Spanish report from earlier this week, there was a number of players who wanted to leave at the beginning of the season.  maybe poch just sees a CL win as something he simply cannot exceed at spurs and would take a break before a new challenge.

Even a final, there is very little he can do to top that. He isn't given anywhere near enough the funds to feasibly get this team better.

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Barca have tapped him up. He’s off to Spain. Not much to explain really. He builds teams. Barca need a team. 

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Espanyol player ........ not going to Barca .........

What?  Are you for real?  Barca offer him the job and he turns it down? Not in a million years. Takes it all day long. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

What?  Are you for real?  Barca offer him the job and he turns it down? Not in a million years. Takes it all day long. 

Actually, irrelevant of anything else, I’m not sure being Barca manger would appeal to him ....... you are expected to win everything each year and you already have all the tools. Poch is more of a builder  ....... 

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Actually, irrelevant of anything else, I’m not sure being Barca manger would appeal to him ....... you are expected to win everything each year and you already have all the tools. Poch is more of a builder  ....... 

This may actually be the perfect time to go to Barca for him. Their team is in need of a rebuild, most of their pros are ageing and need transitioning out. 

he'd be able to build the team how he wanted whilst using the old guard and transitioning them out 

• Like 1

The worst kept secret in soccer is out. Mike Phelan has been named as Manchester United’s assistant manager on a three-year deal.

Phelan, 56, has been Ole Gunnar Solskjaer‘s assistant since December when the pair were placed in caretaker charge following Jose Mourinho’s firing. With Solskjaer appointed as the new head coach on a permanent basis last month following a stunning start to life as a caretaker boss, Phelan has had to wait but his place alongside Solskjaer has now been confirmed.

A long-time assistant under Sir Alex Ferguson, Phelan held that role as Fergie’s assistant from 2008-13 and was first team coach from 2001 before that.

“I am thrilled to be back as assistant manager. Manchester United has been a huge part of my life since I joined as a player in 1989 and I am delighted to be able to continue that relationship in this key role,” Phelan said. “Since returning in December, I have enjoyed working with Ole, Michael, Kieran, Mark and Emilio and we are all focused on preparing for the new season.”

18 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Barca need rebuilding. 

7 hours ago, KingsX said:

The worst kept secret in soccer is out. Mike Phelan has been named as Manchester United’s assistant manager on a three-year deal.

Phelan, 56, has been Ole Gunnar Solskjaer‘s assistant since December when the pair were placed in caretaker charge following Jose Mourinho’s firing. With Solskjaer appointed as the new head coach on a permanent basis last month following a stunning start to life as a caretaker boss, Phelan has had to wait but his place alongside Solskjaer has now been confirmed.

A long-time assistant under Sir Alex Ferguson, Phelan held that role as Fergie’s assistant from 2008-13 and was first team coach from 2001 before that.

“I am thrilled to be back as assistant manager. Manchester United has been a huge part of my life since I joined as a player in 1989 and I am delighted to be able to continue that relationship in this key role,” Phelan said. “Since returning in December, I have enjoyed working with Ole, Michael, Kieran, Mark and Emilio and we are all focused on preparing for the new season.”

Will they end up doing (the) Jailhouse Rock, too? :P

10 hours ago, weller54 said:

O dear.. What an awful shame! 

Hopefully even you will be wanting a spurs win today so that we can finish 8th above Everton.

7 minutes ago, FIF said:

Hopefully even you will be wanting a spurs win today so that we can finish 8th above Everton.

I'm hoping Everton smash them to fecking bits in a physical way. Break a few legs I don't want them spuds cvnts winning the CL. 

• Haha 2