Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jersey

24hr in Leicester

Hello,

This might be misplaced, but I'm looking for your collective advice.

My family and I are planning to attend the match on Thursday. We have about 24 hours in town. Can anyone recommend the best curry and pint near the stadium? 

We booked our football holiday around the LCFC match an are excited to bring our kids (12-14) to the KP. 

Any help appreciated.

Rich

• Like 4

@ Jersey - if any of the advice offered by Stripeyfox doesn't suit then I would suggest yo head to a pub called The Western, just back off Narborough Rd...Narborough Rd has every type of restaurant you can think of, and you will definitely find loads of different options...all reasonably priced. The Western is a traditional pub that will give you a good pre-match atmosphere, there is always a good mix of old, young, new/old fans, it will be a bit quieter for a night game,  and usually serves hot-dogs and burgers on a bbq from a couple of hours before kick off if you prefer. The Western is about 15mins walk to the stadium, just follow the crowds.

Narborough Rd is not somewhere to head for a day, but if you head there from 5pm onwards for food/beer in The Western it would suffice...lots more to see in the City centre, not least the Cathedral and the Richard III museum/exhibitions if that is you're thing!

Enjoy the game and your trip

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, somebum said:

Just to warn you the city is a complete shit tip

...and there he goes. Your being wrong nearly all the time, about nearly everything, is less of a sin then the 'shit Jack Dee' persona you've adopted. If you're going to be a wum, could you try being a wum with elan?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

couldn’t be further from the truth these days. every time i visit there’s cooler stuff popping up. it’s probably got to the stage where you have to seek out the shit parts now rather than the other way round. 

It really is great- new restaurants & bars opening all the time, plenty of independent stuff too. 

High Street, Cathedral Quarter, The Lanes, St Martin's Square, London Road & New Walk, Cultural Quarter, Highcross, Granby Street, market & town hall are all nice areas. Haymarket Theatre reopening is good too.

Sounds as though Church Gate will be the next project, which has a lot of potential. Then it's only really the area between Humberstone Gate and Burleys Way, Belgrave Gate, etc. which needs major work, and the immediate city centre within the inner ring road will be pretty much done.

It's a million miles away from what it was 10-15 years ago.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Jersey said:

Thanks for the advice. I haven’t been to Leicester since my last match at Filbert Street almost 20 years ago. Safe to assume not much has changed? Still singing ‘Muzzy for England’?

Nah but ‘Matty James for England’ can be heard loud and clear as the 2018 version