Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Story of Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha and Leicester

Just now, davieG said:

I posted it in the Do they mean us thread but yeah probably deserves it's own topic.

Bugger, missed your post.

Great video though, I knew Thai politics was messy because of their military, but had no idea is was quite this messy.

4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Yeah, I can't say they come out of that looking too good in all honesty.

And you think the billionaire owners from the usa are squeaky clean?  what about UAE ? or Russia ?  or china ?

show me someone who got mega wealthy without doing something unethical or illegal ..................................

• Like 1

7 hours ago, st albans fox said:

And you think the billionaire owners from the usa are squeaky clean?  what about UAE ? or Russia ?  or china ?

show me someone who got mega wealthy without doing something unethical or illegal ..................................

Erm, no?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, st albans fox said:

If leveraging political connections to assist your business is deemed as unethical then you can add every country in the world to that list including the UK. Although doing it to the extent that you get a full blown monopoly is an extreme example, you can be sure that these kind of games are played absolutely everywhere.

Vichai is evidently a master player of the game. He should be paying his taxes but other than that I'm not really bothered by how he got his wealth. It's up to the government to regulate these things, you can't reasonably expect an individual to say no to a monopoly if given the opportunity.

Edited by Rogstanley

50 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

If leveraging political connections to assist your business is deemed as unethical then you can add every country in the world to that list including the UK. Although doing it to the extent that you get a full blown monopoly is an extreme example, you can be sure that these kind of games are played absolutely everywhere.

Vichai is evidently a master player of the game. He should be paying his taxes but other than that I'm not really bothered by how he got his wealth. It's up to the government to regulate these things, you can't reasonably expect an individual to say no to a monopoly if given the opportunity.

I know I've got two games still unopened, but a gift is a gift.

21 hours ago, st albans fox said:

7 hours ago, Rogstanley said:

This and this.

Everyone trod on someone to get to the top (or their ancestors did) with next to no accountability. Money confers power, and power corrupts - that's just the way it works. The Thais are no exception and aren't the worst examples thereof, so... :dunno:

On 20/04/2018 at 18:11, st albans fox said:

Bill Gates...?!?   

Not 100% sure of my facts on this one but he seems a pretty decent type and i dont recall too many skeletons being revealed..... and they dont come much wealthier than him!

5 hours ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Bill Gates...?!?   

Not 100% sure of my facts on this one but he seems a pretty decent type and i dont recall too many skeletons being revealed..... and they dont come much wealthier than him!

The man was a cold crim.

Bill_Gates_mugshot.png

10 hours ago, Beechey said:

The man was a cold crim.

Bill_Gates_mugshot.png

He was arrested for driving offences whcih is not exactly connected to HOW he became mega-wealthy...!

if that is the worst "crime" he has ever committed, i think its pretty safe to say he made his money "ethically and legally".

image.png.622ad82c89c7bf80d8e7718691a45538.png

Edited by Foxy-Lady

3 hours ago, Foxy-Lady said:

He was arrested for driving offences whcih is not exactly connected to HOW he became mega-wealthy...!

if that is the worst "crime" he has ever committed, i think its pretty safe to say he made his money "ethically and legally".

image.png.622ad82c89c7bf80d8e7718691a45538.png

Like I said, heart of ice, the man knows no boundaries lol

Edited by Beechey
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Bill Gates...?!?   

Have you ever tried using Windows? Crime against humanity right there! :ph34r:

• Haha 1