Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Liamlcfc1

David Wagner

Managerial record by team and tenure
Team From To Record Ref
P W D L Win %
Borussia Dortmund II 1 July 2011 1 November 2015 164 57 47 60 34.8 [2][3][14]
Huddersfield Town 9 November 2015 Present 128 49 27 52 38.3 [15]
Total 292 106 74 112 36.3

Way too big a risk for me. Would much prefer someone with more experience and a better track record.

• Like 3

What will happen when his tactical style is deemed too radical by some of our players?

If Huddesfield stay up he's on a better bet there: players, fans, board will be behind him now with more money.

He is overachieving at Huddersfield they should be in the relegation zone.

As for us whether he would be a good fit I am not so sure, I don’t think we can afford a gamble we need experience and know how at this level would take Rafa, Dyche first and foremost.

Can't be worse than Puel to be honest. Some people have said look at Huddersfield's goalscoring record this season, however, I'm sure not many of us would have thought we'd be going into the last week of the season and it's in their hands to stay up. 

To keep Huddersfield up has obviously required some outstanding management but what we should be looking for is different to firefighting, avoiding defeat is one thing but we should still be striving for something more progressive and ambitious and I'm not sure if he's yet another gamble or not. Mate of Klopp's could get some loans (Sound of barrell being scraped).

It's always difficult knowing who's going to be a good fit.

We were pretty upbeat about Pleat, Levein, Holloway and Sven. We didn't know who Bloomfield, Little or Pearson were, other than half decent ex-players.

But he's done tremendously well with Huddersfield, taking them from 18th in the second tier, to promotion on a limited budget, to possibly staying up in the Premier League. If he pulls that off then, while his EPL experience may be limited, it will also be very impressive.

As for whether he can take us further forward, I don't know. Benitez seems like a great option to me, if he really is an option, but before his success at Newcastle they were relegated (even if his share of the blame was a small one), and I'm not sure what his record is like with moving mid-table sides forward.

You never know what will click, and there's no reason whatsoever to believe that Wagner couldn't take a club like ours forward. In fact, if the alternatives are Moyes, Allardyce, Pearson, Silva, Jokanovic, even Benitez, then Wagner offers as much hope for the future as most, possibly any of them.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:
Managerial record by team and tenure
Team From To Record Ref
P W D L Win %
Borussia Dortmund II 1 July 2011 1 November 2015 164 57 47 60 34.8 [2][3][14]
Huddersfield Town 9 November 2015 Present 128 49 27 52 38.3 [15]
Total 292 106 74 112 36.3

Way too big a risk for me. Would much prefer someone with more experience and a better track record.

Like Puel?

3 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Rather go for chris hughton. Has more experience in the premiership and imo a better manager than wagner. 

It's not always been very good experience in the Premiership, though.

I know an ex-colleague of Hughton's from his Birmingham days. He told me that Hughton once said to him, "Look, this club's a good fit for me, I know I'm never going to be one of the top managers, I'm aware of my limitations". The ex-colleague in question took this as a huge positive, but I remember thinking that I'd have preferred a guy with a messiah complex to someone who didn't especially think he was any good.