Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Bear

Best 11 outside the top 6 - PL, 2017-2018 Season

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

Evans is probably the best overall defender outside the top 6 but this season he's been awful / couldnt be arsed so wouldnt even make the 'outside the top 6' squad of the season for me.

Yeah I was thinking the same.  Do we go on "best" or "best this season"?  There is an argument for Baines, Sigurdsson, Gueye, Coleman, etc in terms of "best on their day" but none have had a great season.  x

6 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Pope

Yedlin  Maguire  Mawson  Creswell

Ndidi  Milivojevic

Mahrez  Arnautovic  Zaha

Vardy

good shout with Milivojevic actually. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Also Mee is miles better than Tarkowski. Hardly a coincident that both Keane and Tarkowski looked amazing next to Ben Mee. Would love to have had him back here.

Yes, Mee is Burnley's best defender easily....shame he will likely be sold this summer (apparently a couple of bids on the table rumoured to be Spurs & Liverpool).

Stalling on a new deal and wants £80k a week, so Dyche has put him on the "naughty step"....not picked in the last 7 games or today.

Edited by lancyclaret

7 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

Yes, Mee is Burnley's best defender easily....shame he will likely be sold this summer (apparently a couple of bids on the table rumoured to be Spurs & Liverpool).

Stalling on a new deal and wants £80k a week, so Dyche has put him on the "naughty step"....not picked in the last 7 games or today.

Ah, that sucks for you guys. Hard player to replace although think Dyche should be chucking that his way.

Why are people going for Maguire? Undoubtedly a shoe in a best team outside the top 6 but not for a team of this season. He's not been as consistent as he needs to be.

Mind you, he's probably the type of player that would cut out the stupid mistakes if he went to one of the big boys.

11 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

Wouldn't have him.. He's all me me me me!!! 

16 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Why are people going for Maguire? Undoubtedly a shoe in a best team outside the top 6 but not for a team of this season. He's not been as consistent as he needs to be.

Mind you, he's probably the type of player that would cut out the stupid mistakes if he went to one of the big boys.

has anyone else been more consistent than him, apart from the Burnley lads?

On 13/05/2018 at 09:39, The Bear said:

Seen this elsewhere, but best XI this season, not including the top 6?

Mine would be:

--------------------------- Pope ------------------

Cedric -- Tarkowski -- Evans -- Bertrand

Mahrez -------------- Ndidi ----------- Zaha

Arnautovic -------- Murray -------- Vardy

Could have easily had Maguire in there over Evans though. 

I wpuld have put Morgan in there over Evans

1 hour ago, Donut said:

Hart

Martina

Ashley Williams

Mangala

Masuaku

Renato Sanches

Britton

Klaasen

Jese

Long

Abraham

In whatever formation you like.

Replace Abraham with Berahino and you are onto a winner.

Think Masuaku has generally been OK for West Ham though, certainly much improved anyway.

On 13/05/2018 at 11:48, Wookie said:

Pope

Lowton - Mee - Tarkowski - Cresswell

Mahrez - Mooy - Milivojevic - Gudmunsson

Arnautovic

Vardy

Agree with nearly all of this. I like Maguire and Ndidi obviously but it's hard to say that either outperformed Mee/Tarkowski or Mooy/Milivojevic respectively. I think Milivojevic is one of the most under-rated players in the league.

• Like 2

On 13/05/2018 at 07:33, dmayne7 said:

Why are people going for Maguire and Mahrez ? Undoubtedly a shoe in a best team outside the top 6 but not for a team of this season. He's not been as consistent as he needs to be.

Fixed

Its difficult to suggest too much difference from the players most have mentioned for my serious suggestion, I think the following could be up there challenging for a spot in the team:

Dunk (Brighton) - Very solid season, very brave defender who puts his body on the line at all costs

Tomkins (Crystal Palace) - Seems a much improved player this season, marshalling the Palace back four and seems far better in the air this season

Kenedy (Chelsea/Newcastle) - OK, second half of the season only, but was a key part in rejuvenating Newcastle and adding attacking impetus and underlaps down the left

Rooney (Everton) - Slightly left field suggestion, but he has been over criticised for a couple of seasons I feel and can still offer plenty. Double figures goal return despite not being a regular, on a free, and one of Everton's standouts this season

Coleman (Everton) - Has come back seamlessly from a terrible injury and done extremely well

Barnes (Burnley) - Had the season of his life with goals and all round contribution