Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Jamie Vardy

41 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

I think the gap is a lot closer than most non-Leicester fans do but if you think those percentages would hold up with the sample sizes switched then you're pretty crazy. 

Can't believe I'm having to defend a player I don't even like that much but needs must. Stop being blinkered. 

Not sure you appreciate just how different their ratios are...

10 goals less, but with 110 more shots to get them. I doubt he'd maintain his 28% ratio, but why would he not be able to manage just 9% with those extra attempts?

People saying 'England don't play in a way that utilises his strengths' regarding playing Vardy. For large parts of the WC I don't know what you'd call the way we were playing. 'Lone striker' or 'one up front' hardly describes Kane holding it up with his back to goal, 40-odd yards out. How many times did he set foot in the opposition area in the last couple of games? I'm not saying it wasn't necessary, or he didn't do it well (or that Vardy could do it!), but we were effectively playing without a striker. How did that utilise Kane's strengths?

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Vardy scored 5 penalties last season I think, Mahrez assisted Vardy 7 times last season. That makes it 7 goals Vardy scored without the inclusion of Riyad in open play. Really need to buy a creative player who can play on the right ASAP. 

Maddison will be being taught to build a successful partnership with Vardy, plus hes probably even better at set pieces than Mahrez so should at least score as many as provided from Mahrez. We still need another creative player though to fill Mahrez's void, this Iranian kid worries me. Hope I'm proven wrong if he's the replacement.

19 hours ago, lildave3 said:

Or because the guy in front of him scores more? 

Seriously I love Vardy and I'm not a huge Kane fan but this thread is full of dicks.

It most certainly is and your right up there with the best of them, Gel boy has got to be one of, if not the most over rated players ever. 

1 hour ago, mad biker said:
  • No, but he is shit, his only shots on target through the whole world cup came from a goal line tap in and the penalty spot, he`s immobile, clumsy and slow, I see absolutely nothing in his game whatsoever !! 

Yeah proper shit Harry Kane, just the 135 goals over the last four seasons for Spurs. One thing he categorically isn't is "shit"

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Guest said:

Yeah proper shit Harry Kane, just the 135 goals over the last four seasons for Spurs. One thing he categorically isn't is "shit"

Don`t give a tinkers cuss what you, 10 million other Kane wank fest twats or anyone else thinks nor do I take any notice of his 135 flukes, claimed goals, pens and speculative shots, he is SHIT and grossly overrated !!!

1 minute ago, Guest said:

That doesn't make him shit but it does make you an absolute pillock

No, it makes me someone that absolutely hates Harry Gel boy Kane !!!  you carry on making your way up his anus and I`ll keep on hating the twat !  

35 minutes ago, mad biker said:

No, it makes me someone that absolutely hates Harry Gel boy Kane !!!  you carry on making your way up his anus and I`ll keep on hating the twat !  

I hate Bono. Absolutey despise the arrogant Irish ****. I would not brake if I saw him cross the road.

But you can not listen to his music and not give him some credit for being a lyrical genius. The same with Harry Kane applies here. Feel free to hate him all you like thats your perogative. But you can not argue that the lad is not a seriously prolific goal scorer and an asset to any side. He's 24 and already won the premier league golden boot twice and a world cup one. If he carries on in a similar vain By the time he retires he will have absolutely oblierated England and Premier league records.

If you carry on letting your hate blind you to facts and logic you are no better than a flat earth believer or a Christian in my opinion.

6 hours ago, mad biker said:
  • No, but he is shit, his only shots on target through the whole world cup came from a goal line tap in and the penalty spot, he`s immobile, clumsy and slow, I see absolutely nothing in his game whatsoever !! 

Harry Kane's career is now officially over because despite well known football people worldwide rating him - mad biker from Foxestalk thinks he is garbage. 

He ought to retire internationally. He's clearly not fancied and never really has been, and the odds are only going to stack against him even further.

He's got his limitations but for me he can deem himself very unlucky. Whether it's to do with who he plays for or the fact he's seen as an outcast by the FA because he didn't come through the usual system who knows.

I hope he's still as driven for us as he has been. I can't help but feel like this World Cup had become his focus and now that it's gone, there's not actually much for him to play for.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

He ought to retire internationally. He's clearly not fancied and never really has been, and the odds are only going to stack against him even further.

He's got his limitations but for me he can deem himself very unlucky. Whether it's to do with who he plays for or the fact he's seen as an outcast by the FA because he didn't come through the usual system who knows.

I hope he's still as driven for us as he has been. I can't help but feel like this World Cup had become his focus and now that it's gone, there's not actually much for him to play for.

I think you're right, he's been very unlucky indeed and not suprisingly subject of some typical England predudices. He's more than a one trick pony and able to adapt more than some others. Kane was our main Premiership high goalscoring forward who should have been played in his most favoured role to get the best goal threat out of him. This wasn't always done. Although proud of them all a three of Ali, Sterling and Lingard was never going to work for me. Ali has had a poor season for him. Sterling,  although he's scored plenty of goals this season it was largely on the back of the incredible team he plays for. Ask him to make quick footballing brain decisions or use close control and he's flummoxed on both counts. I think Southgate has been blinded by the supposed threat of his speed (like Musa, that's no good if you can't take the ball with you) and the fact he scores 'in training'. Vardy however has scored his 20 goals with largely poor service, with the exception of Marhez. Some of his goals he's had to bust a gut for or make for himself. He was also more than capable of creating problems and feeding Kane. Sadly, we'll never know and he was never given a fair crack of the whip. Competitions are for winning today not in the future as sometimes, for many reasons, the future doesn't arrive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

I hate Bono. Absolutey despise the arrogant Irish ****. I would not brake if I saw him cross the road.

But you can not listen to his music and not give him some credit for being a lyrical genius. The same with Harry Kane applies here. Feel free to hate him all you like thats your perogative. But you can not argue that the lad is not a seriously prolific goal scorer and an asset to any side. He's 24 and already won the premier league golden boot twice and a world cup one. If he carries on in a similar vain By the time he retires he will have absolutely oblierated England and Premier league records.

If you carry on letting your hate blind you to facts and logic you are no better than a flat earth believer or a Christian in my opinion.

Personal records maybe, won’t be any club or international trophies

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Personal records maybe, won’t be any club or international trophies

Opinion not fact.

And a pretty wild opinion considering he's 24 and already finished 2nd in the premier league, and played in numerous semi finals. Is that opinion based on him staying at spurs for his whole career? Do you think he still won't win any club trophies if he signed for Real Madrid or Man City?

13 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Opinion not fact.

And a pretty wild opinion considering he's 24 and already finished 2nd in the premier league, and played in numerous semi finals. Is that opinion based on him staying at spurs for his whole career? Do you think he still won't win any club trophies if he signed for Real Madrid or Man City?

It’s a forum mostly based on opinions.

He seems pretty content at Spurs don’t you think? Just signed a big deal with them. I don’t see them winning any of the big trophies, maybe a league or FA Cup

If he did go to the clubs you mentioned of course he’d win things but I get the feeling he likes his ‘billy big bollocks’ status at Spurs 

8 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

It’s a forum mostly based on opinions.

He seems pretty content at Spurs don’t you think? Just signed a big deal with them. I don’t see them winning any of the big trophies, maybe a league or FA Cup

If he did go to the clubs you mentioned of course he’d win things but I get the feeling he likes his ‘billy big bollocks’ status at Spurs 

maybe but he is still only 24...could easily move to a bigger club at 27/28 and win absolutley everything. At international level he is very unlikely to win anything though I agree there.