Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Jamie Vardy

2 hours ago, weller54 said:

So do you think England have had a challenging path to the semis? 

Tunisia ( league one standard)? 

Panama ( league two standard)?

Colombia (championship at best)?

Sweden (same!)... 

...come on!.. It has to be the easiest path to a World Cup semi final in the history of the competition! 

Croatia will be another step up but think England will beat them.. But France or Belgium are a million miles better than England. 

It's not coming home. 

Nice try, but that doesn't answer my question. If I was sad enough to backtroll you (I'm not), would I find you actually predicted that we'd get to the semis, or that we'd get no further than the last 16?

2 hours ago, surrifox said:

:nono:

Why? We've done everything, if you don't buzz off your national team winning the ultimate prize I despair for you, I really do. If you aren't English, I'm also a little saddened for you. This superseeds the whole fcukin caboodle, I've never understood any other view point. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Why? We've done everything, if you don't buzz off your national team winning the ultimate prize I despair for you, I really do. If you aren't English, I'm also a little saddened for you. This superseeds the whole fcukin caboodle, I've never understood any other view point. 

20Kg Premium Sunflower Seed Hearts

Edited by Max Wall
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, weller54 said:

Sweden (same!)... 

...come on!.. It has to be the easiest path to a World Cup semi final in the history of the competition! 

Croatia will be another step up but think England will beat them.. But France or Belgium are a million miles better than England. 

It's not coming home. 

They said we had 5000/1 when we won and they also said  all the big teams had something wrong with them when we won league.

France are a good team but we are the underdogs so its coming home

Edited by TeamRocket
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, weller54 said:

Sweden (same!)... 

It's not coming home. 

I think Germany in 2002 was easier.  In the knockouts they had Paraguay > USA > South Korea before Brazil beat them in the final.  Not that it matters, you can only beat the teams that you are drawn against.  It also reminds me of the people who say Leicester only won the league because the big boys didn't turn up (which I also think is horse sh*t). 

Edited by josh
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You'd sacrifice our (LCFC)best player for a year for a bit part in this campaign ? I think you you are the one in need of sympathy 

9 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

He’ll get his chance against Croatia once Southgate works out were not going to match them in midfield so the way to beat them is to bypass the middle

I know that Vardy's declared himself "fit" and that he's back to training with the rest of the squad, but I'd be truly surprised if Southgate uses him at all. If you're Southgate, would you really risk subbing in a player who's already pulled up lame and was unable to participate in the PKs just in the past week?  If I were Southgate, I wouldn't (but then again, I'm not Gareth Southgate).

I think Vardy only gets in against Croatia (or France, if England wins) if there's a sudden catastrophic rash of injuries to Kane, Sterling, Rashford, and Danny Welbeck. At this point, Welbeck has to be considered higher up in the striker pecking order than Vardy. 

Of course, I could be completely wrong: in a Hollywood-like scenario, Vardy scores the tying/winning goal against Croatia and/or France, and becomes Sir Jamie...

Edited by Pentatonic

13 hours ago, weller54 said:

We ain't beating France or Belgium! 

Wouldn't of thought Luxembourg would hold France to 0_0 draw a 10 months ago but they did it's a game of football and anything can happen.

Are you Welsh or scottish:P

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I wonder if he'll ever play for England again after Saturday? He's over 30 and Southgate seems to be going for a younger team.

I think he will fancy his chances at the Euros but that could be it for him.

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I wonder if he'll ever play for England again after Saturday? He's over 30 and Southgate seems to be going for a younger team.

He's never been given a fair chance and will never be. At least he has been there until the semis which is quite the achievement.

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Kills me to say it but I was discussing this last night and I fear we may well have seen his last game in an England shirt. Like you say age isn’t on his side so it will very much depend on how he starts the season for us. If he starts the season well and scores a few goals I’m sure he will be called up in September and possibly feature in the friendlies. However if he has a bit of a goal drought for a month or two at the start of the season he will likely drop out of contention and will probably struggle to get back into it seeing as he’s not at a top 6 club. As we all know it’s just more difficult for those outside the top 6 to stake their claim as it is. 

Does he really need the stress of England though? Perhaps he'd be better off retiring from international duty and just focusing on bagging as many league goals as he can whilst still fit and agile enough.

Southgate showed constant faith in Sterling (in particular) and Lingard, yet they weren't able to repay him and failed. Vardy surely must be left wondering what he might have been able to deliver had he been given even half the time of those.

So I'd imagine, despite playing the role of the guy cracking jokes all the time, silently, this World Cup has been a highly frustrating experience for him. Think just as much depends on how he feels mentally and motivation wise as far as playing for England is concerned.

Edited by Kendal Fox
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

Does he really need the stress of England though? Perhaps he'd be better off retiring from international duty and just focusing on bagging as many league goals as he can whilst still fit and agile enough.

Southgate showed constant faith in Sterling (in particular) and Lingard, yet they weren't able to repay him and failed. Vardy surely must be left wondering what he might have been able to deliver had he been given even half the time of those.

So I'd imagine, despite playing the role of the guy cracking jokes all the time, silently, this World Cup has been a highly frustrating experience for him. Think just as much depends on how he feels mentally and motivation wise as far as playing for England is concerned.

I wonder if he would have been  given him a start if he hadnt had the groin strain...not sure he would as i dont think Southgate was ruthless enough to drop Sterling...and  it could have cost us a place in the final.

Remember Alf Ramsey leaving Jimmy Greaves out of his World Cup winning side..tough decision but he did it

2 minutes ago, drofmor55 said:

I wonder if he would have been  given him a start if he hadnt had the groin strain...not sure he would as i dont think Southgate was ruthless enough to drop Sterling...and  it could have cost us a place in the final.

Remember Alf Ramsey leaving Jimmy Greaves out of his World Cup winning side..tough decision but he did it

Yes, except of course England won it in '66.

Assuming he was no less fit than Kane or Alli which I don't think he was, he warranted the chance to start in place of Sterling after the latter had failed to produce in multiple matches. Yes it would have been a calculated risk but then you look at Martinez and Dalic - both of whom yielded positive results by making tough decisions under pressure.

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

You really don't think Southgate would feature him in the friendly v Switzerland at his own home ground?

7 hours ago, Webbo said:

Other than Kane and Vardy what English strikers are there out there that are doing well based on the past 12 months? Last season the English striker to score the most goals excluding Vardy and Kane was Glenn Murray and behind him was Ashley Barnes, so I would say competition is hardly strong.

Vardy will be involved for as long as he's scoring goals and there's not a wealth of alternatives lining up to get a chance. His age means very little as he's a one off, whilst he's got his pace and desire he's an asset and Southgate knows that. 

Defoe was involved til he was about 34. 

Unless we see a number of young talented strikers coming through then Vardy will be in the squad. At the moment it's only Kane and Rashford England have.

10 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Other than Kane and Vardy what English strikers are there out there that are doing well based on the past 12 months? Last season the English striker to score the most goals excluding Vardy and Kane was Glenn Murray and behind him was Ashley Barnes, so I would say competition is hardly strong.

And Ashley Barnes has opted to play for Austria anyway! Definitely very few English striker options out there, Welbeck is a liability injury wise as is Sturridge.

I think someone like Solanke or possibly Tammy Abraham would need to do something special in the first few months of the season to knock Vardy out of the squad at this point. I think he'll still be there come September.

• Like 1