Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Jamie Vardy

I was listening to talksport last night and again they said vardy played so bad his wife would have played better. They then said if the team wasnt changed then kane could have scored a few goals to help with him winning the golden boot. It seems unfair how they judge vardy so bad playing in a team that creates nothing and then say kane could have scored if we didnt change the team. Well if kane is so good why not start him in the same team vardy started in and then judge him off the back of it.

I felt sorry for Jamie against Belgium, he head no service and limited touches but still chased everything Down. If he had Welbecks chance it would be in the back of the net but then probably criticised because we wanted to lose!

I'd play....

Pope

Walker  Stones  Cahill

Trippier                                 Rose

Henderson

Alli                 Lingard

Maguire  Vardy

X

• Haha 1

So they've got a penalty taking order and that order shall not be broken even if you have subben on a proven goalscorer? That said, good to see him making an impact. And fair dues to Kane: he seems a good captain. I liked to see Kane shepperd the players away from conflicts with the ref rather than letting them whine like children. Vardy made a showing of himself. He should get subbed on in later matches at the least.

Edited by Foxxed

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

So they've got a penalty taking order and that order shall not be broken even if you have subben on a proven goalscorer? That said, good to see him making an impact, and fair dues to Kane: he seems a good captain. I liked to see Kane shepperd the players away from conflicts with the ref rather than letting them whine like children. Vardy made a showing of himself. He should get subbed on in later matches at the least.

Think he was injured.

He was holding his groin.

2 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

So they've got a penalty taking order and that order shall not be broken even if you have subben on a proven goalscorer? That said, good to see him making an impact, and fair dues to Kane: he seems a good captain. I liked to see Kane shepperd the players away from conflicts with the ref rather than letting them whine like children. Vardy made a showing of himself. He should get subbed on in later matches at the least.

Yeah, i thought the peno order was unusual. but understand why they don't want to change it last minute.

The thing is, if we had brought vardy on at say the 70th minute we probably never would have gone to penalties. 

Played ok in the short time he had.

Made a few runs and tried to stretch Columbia’s defence.

The main question is how much longer Sterling can somehow hold onto a starting spot as I thought tonight and in previous games he was poor.

He needs to be benched now he has had too many chances it’s time for either Vards or Rashford to stake a claim  

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, steflcfc said:

Played ok in the short time he had.

Made a few runs and tried to stretch Columbia’s defence.

The main question is how much longer Sterling can somehow hold onto a starting spot as I thought tonight and in previous games he was poor.

He needs to be benched now he has had too many chances it’s time for either Vards or Rashford to stake a claim  

If sterling comes out then, in all honesty, it would have to be rashford going in. He holds the ball better and beats players better than vards which is what the role demands. 

16 minutes ago, toddybad said:

If sterling comes out then, in all honesty, it would have to be rashford going in. He holds the ball better and beats players better than vards which is what the role demands. 

As much as I love jamie, I'd put Rashford ahead of him too.

Currently in Italy, and oddly enough the Italian press has been very positive about Vardy.  Against Belgium, they claimed that he had little support from midfield.  Against Columbia they felt he pressed well and his passes were good.  Odd how some people see things differently.

2 minutes ago, Sionnach gorm said:

Currently in Italy, and oddly enough the Italian press has been very positive about Vardy.  Against Belgium, they claimed that he had little support from midfield.  Against Columbia they felt he pressed well and his passes were good.  Odd how some people see things differently.

He didn’t have many to misplace !

re the pens - apparently the squad have been practicing after each training session. It wouldn’t take the coaching staff long to see that JV isn’t a natural at pens ....

17 minutes ago, Sionnach gorm said:

He was nowhere in the first half of ET but was the only threatening forward in the second.