Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Championship 2018-2019

10 hours ago, StanSP said:

They've just beaten their rivals in their own back yard to get to a playoff final. Let them celebrate ffs. 

All for celebrations when you've achieved something, but tonight they acted like they were promoted already. A very big hurdle overcome and worthy of applauding the fans etc, but seemed really over the top to me. 

1 hour ago, walkerleeds said:

All for celebrations when you've achieved something, but tonight they acted like they were promoted already. A very big hurdle overcome and worthy of applauding the fans etc, but seemed really over the top to me. 

Have you ever actually been to a game of football? 

I've celebrated last minute equalisers like that in dead rubber league games. It's just the heat of the moment isn't it. 

It was an away day penalty shoot out in a semi final against a local team that's spent two hours shouting **** OFF VILLA at you. Add in all the relief of stress after they've parked the bus for like forty, fifty odd minutes as well.

I'd have gone nuts tbf. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Have you ever actually been to a game of football? 

I've celebrated last minute equalisers like that in dead rubber league games. It's just the heat of the moment isn't it. 

It was an away day penalty shoot out in a semi final against a local team that's spent two hours shouting **** OFF VILLA at you. Add in all the relief of stress after they've parked the bus for like forty, fifty odd minutes as well.

I'd have gone nuts tbf. 

Been to one or two mate, yeah. Also gone nuts in the heat of the moment etc too. But the players coming over taking selfies with the fans and the extended celebrations afterwards is crazy, reminded me of a certain North London based team who beat us in the title season somewhat. 

14 hours ago, walkerleeds said:

My God did Villa get promoted tonight? Ludicrous celebrations, whoever plays them in the final has already won

If we had beaten Cardiff on pens that night or if Anthony had stick that pen away against Watford would we have gone nuts?

You bet we would of and so would the players.

3 hours ago, walkerleeds said:

Been to one or two mate, yeah. Also gone nuts in the heat of the moment etc too. But the players coming over taking selfies with the fans and the extended celebrations afterwards is crazy, reminded me of a certain North London based team who beat us in the title season somewhat. 

Love how Leicester fans actually got wound up by all that. As if our players wouldn't have done the same.

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Love how Leicester fans actually got wound up by all that. As if our players wouldn't have done the same.

They wouldn't have and didn't and that's exactly why we won. 

Don't get me wrong, the essence of your point - that football fans get triggered way too easily and should learn to take a bit of banter - is bang on. 

But the suggestions that Leicester players are just like Arsenal players is a bit annoying to read, especially from one of our own fans. 

Our lads weren't posing in the dressing room posting selfies on social media acting like they'd won the league after wins away at Man City or Tottenham were they? As far as I'm aware, correct me if I'm wrong, but they weren't seen celebrating at all until Hazard scored and it was mathematical? 

Closest anyone came was Vardy with the Lion King tweet which might actually have been about the same time? 

Arsenal's lot weren't trying to wind anyone up with banter, they were just cocky morons celebrating way too early. I was personally never triggered by it, more just embarrassed for them by proxy it was awful and I'd never want to see ours being that cringe worthy. 

Afaia though they've always remained pretty grounded and professional in that sense? 

34 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Closest anyone came was Vardy with the Lion King tweet which might actually have been about the same time? 

Kane posted his tweet early April.

Vardy posted the reply once it was confirmed.

Which basically confirms your point. At least publically, our players didn't really engage in the 'drama' of the title 'race'. It was always about getting to 40 points ASAP, then after that it was one game at a time. There was no public displays of arrogance from our players during the run-in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

They wouldn't have and didn't and that's exactly why we won. 

Don't get me wrong, the essence of your point - that football fans get triggered way too easily and should learn to take a bit of banter - is bang on. 

But the suggestions that Leicester players are just like Arsenal players is a bit annoying to read, especially from one of our own fans. 

Our lads weren't posing in the dressing room posting selfies on social media acting like they'd won the league after wins away at Man City or Tottenham were they? As far as I'm aware, correct me if I'm wrong, but they weren't seen celebrating at all until Hazard scored and it was mathematical? 

Arsenal's lot weren't trying to wind anyone up with banter, they were just cocky morons celebrating way too early. I was personally never triggered by it, more just embarrassed for them by proxy it was awful and I'd never want to see ours being that cringe worthy. 

Afaia though they've always remained pretty grounded and professional in that sense? 

I'm not talking about taking selfies (I do remember one from Newcastle away in that season though).

I'm talking about celebrating big wins/goals. Arsenal had every right to be pleased with themselves. We would have gone 8 points ahead in February if we'd won that game. That goal was absolutely massive.

You're absolutely kidding yourself if you don't think Leicester players were sat in their dressing rooms after big wins partying. Do you think they just went in after that Ulloa goal against Norwich, got dressed and went home? Alright I get there's a difference between making it public and what not but come on. I understand why the Leicester players put the picture up in their dressing room, but I don't understand why Leicester fans seem to have taken it as a personal attack? They do it for most games they win (or at least that particular Arsenal side did). 

Edited by AKCJ

Like I said, I agree with the football fans sensitivity part. 

Just not in the "our players would do the same" part. 

Of course they'd celebrate the win but the arrogance in Arsenal celebrating the win as if it was SIGNIFICANT in the sense that they were now favourites, which is how basically everyone interpreted it, was why it was stupid and why I don't think our squad would ever done that. They weren't taking anything for granted. 

Again, I agree with you in that fans getting rattled by it is overly sensitive and silly. I just think that this/that Arsenal side are hugely emotionally immature, have very little strength of character between them and its exactly why we won the title and they didn't. 

They were preoccupied with their social media profiles and being banter football lads while we were preoccupied with winning. 

That doesn't "trigger" or upset me it just makes me pity them. 

Edited by Finnegan

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Like I said, I agree with the football fans sensitivity part. 

Just not in the "our players would do the same" part. 

Of course they'd celebrate the win but the arrogance in Arsenal celebrating the win as if it was SIGNIFICANT in the sense that they were now favourites, which is how basically everyone interpreted it, was why it was stupid and why I don't think our squad would ever done that. They weren't taking anything for granted. 

Again, I agree with you in that fans getting rattled by it is overly sensitive and silly. I just think that this/that Arsenal side are hugely emotionally immature, have very little strength of character between them and its exactly why we won the title and they didn't. 

They were preoccupied with their social media profiles and being banter football lads while we were preoccupied with winning. 

That doesn't "trigger" or upset me it just makes me pity them. 

I think that's the insecurities Leicester fans had that season more than that being the actual case.

Of course the result was massively significant though. It's one of the biggest Premier League last kick goals ever. Perhaps only eclipsed by the Aguero one.

Arsenal thought they'd done it after beating us. The players and fans reactions weren't of "we've got closer to them", it was "we've broken them and they'll fall now".

Our players were spurred on by it.

• Like 2

The arsenal dressing room picture is the best thing ever to happen to this club. That welbeck winner late on won us the league the way I see it. As well as Huths header at spurs and Vardy finish at Sunderland. Just thinking of these moments brings a smile

3 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

The arsenal dressing room picture is the best thing ever to happen to this club. That welbeck winner late on won us the league the way I see it. As well as Huths header at spurs and Vardy finish at Sunderland. Just thinking of these moments brings a smile

Superb goal and massive result that one. We were on a decent run of form at the time and Allardyce made us hard to beat back end of the season. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

"The difference is only one goal and the idea is to increase the difference and prevent the opponent from reducing it." 

He really IS a genius that Bielsa lol lol

lol to be fair if someone like Owen or McManaman said that about a CL game on BT Sport our reaction would be different!

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Bamford slipped there, no?

I think Tomori clipped him before, but I'm not sure how much affected his footing in the step or two after.

The fact Tomori didn't complain at all makes me think he didn't feel too innocent haha