Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2018/19 U23s, Development, U19s etc

7 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Who's this shade lad

Don’t know, but a Bury fan on there forum says he strong and very fast, one to keep an eye on.

Just for the record this was Burys lowest gate ever for a competive match, 454, with 18 Leicester fans making the journey.

8 hours ago, KFS said:

Dumped out by 10 men, ouch...

So when they lose and develop young lads it's wrong but when they play a couple of experienced guys and win it's wrong.

FT at its best.

10 minutes ago, FIF said:

So when they lose and develop young lads it's wrong but when they play a couple of experienced guys and win it's wrong.

FT at its best.

I've never argued against this tournament, in actual fact if you look back on my posts about it I've always found it hilarious that people get so wound up by our involvement in it.

People having different opinions, FT at its best....

• Like 1

On ‎16‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 19:10, Ric Flair said:

Left on his own accord because he wasn't getting on with certain people at the club and felt he had to? Themightyfin seems to know a fair bit about the academy so if this isn't what happened then I stand corrected but it's what I was told and was mentioned on here at the time.

I believe there is some elements of truth in both sides of these version of events .

Initially, he was offered a more prominent position at the Academy as his coaching ability was considered far superior to most/all other coaches and I believe that most of the current generation of U23 players who benefitted from his tutelage would probably attest to this. However, the position he was offered was not acceptable to him as it would have meant him being answerable to coaches who he had not faith or confidence in so, in essence, he felt he could not work alongside coaches who did not share his vision or style of coaching (so i am told)

Only later did the position of assistant coach to Pearson at Derby become available which he duly accepted and following events at Derby, I believe he is now doing very well at Luton with their U18s team

• Like 2

On ‎16‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 17:46, FIF said:

This is what I heard. It's amazing how some stories get twisted 180° to suit agendas.

He did 'officially' leave of his own accord.....but it was made clear that he was not wanted and would not be considered for the positions he wanted so the view of him being 'forced out' is not entirely inaccurate.  

On 16/10/2018 at 07:50, lgfualol said:

I think he could be referring to that Spanish coach that left. He seemed to have done a lot of good work. 

On 16/10/2018 at 08:52, Ric Flair said:

Idiakez got binned or forced to leave because his ethos and style didn’t fit with the clubs, much to the dismay of the academy players and staff. 

All the reports I heard were that he was a very, very good coach. And maybe others felt threatened by that.

1 hour ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Initially, he was offered a more prominent position at the Academy as his coaching ability was considered far superior to most/all other coaches and I believe that most of the current generation of U23 players who benefitted from his tutelage would probably attest to this. However, the position he was offered was not acceptable to him as it would have meant him being answerable to coaches who he had not faith or confidence in so, in essence, he felt he could not work alongside coaches who did not share his vision or style of coaching (so i am told)

He did 'officially' leave of his own accord.....but it was made clear that he was not wanted and would not be considered for the positions he wanted so the view of him being 'forced out' is not entirely inaccurate.  

It's a shame it didn't work out for him with us (and he was subsequently seriously shafted by the owners at Derby). Good to see him doing well at Luton with their kids.

He's a lovely bloke too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stadt said:

I saw Idiakez picking his kids up from school once, shouted his name impulsively and he waved, nice fella.

Tune in at the same time next week for another boring anecdote about former Leicester city employees 

Cool story Son...

12 hours ago, Stadt said:

I saw Idiakez picking his kids up from school once, shouted his name impulsively and he waved, nice fella.

Tune in at the same time next week for another boring anecdote about former Leicester city employees 

Are you sure it was a wave...?!?  :)

Edited by Foxy-Lady

Leicester City's Development Squad head to Tottenham Hotspur in Premier League 2 on Friday (12pm BST kick-off) - which Foxes fans can watch for free on LCFC TV.
- Leicester City's Under-23s face Tottenham Hotspur on Friday (12pm BST kick-off)
- The Foxes are currently fourth in Premier League 2 Division 1 
- City's youngsters suffered a 2-1 defeat by Bury last time out in the Checkatrade Trophy
- Live LCFC TV coverage begins from 11:45am BST on Friday morning

Commentator James Fielden will be joined by former City defender Sean St Ledger from 11:45am BST on Friday, before live coverage of the clash is broadcast from Hotspur Way 15 minutes later.

The Foxes, who sit fourth in Premier League 2 Division 1, tackle ninth-place Spurs following a slender 2-1 defeat by Sky Bet League 2 side Bury in the Checkatrade Trophy on Tuesday.

By registering to LCFC.com for free, supporters will receive exclusive on-demand video content while also being able to buy tickets and official merchandise - all in one place.

Make sure you can follow the action from the game by clicking HERE to register on LCFC.com.

• Thanks 1

missed it. I thought it was this evening.

The Spurs write up had us as the better team, especially in the first half. Did anyone get to see it?

Yep. Fairly unlucky 1-0  defeat. Our high press gave us big advantage for most of game but forwards just not sharp enough. Ryan Loft particularly disappointing. 

Good to see Danny Simpson in opposition half and Andy King pretty classy. Midfield in control,defence a bit ponderous. 

My mom Darnel Johnson 

6 hours ago, jamesmilner said:

Absolute tosh , all positions were taken , so how could he be offered them ? He spoke to me many times about leaving and he could not turn down the offer from Pearson and Derby , it was hopefully a stepping stone  . It didn't work  . He is now at Luton and i "KNOW" would return here if a position was offered to him , he told me that . But guess what ?, there is not any free and the staff in those positions have contracts !!!!!! Why would he tell me he would return ,  if he was being forced out ?

.  " Forced out " is 100% wide of the mark , he would still be at the club if he didn't leave of his own accord , i'm quite sure of that  . 

His tennis is at a high level now and is coaching his children in tennis too . He is good man ,  well thought of , STILL by academy staff . 

Absolute Tosh eh?  

So you can categorically tell us all that he wasn't offered the position of Beaglhole's U23 assistant before Ben Petty was appointed - which he turned down because he refused to work under him? AT which point it was made clear to him that there were no other jobs available to him unless he wished to carry on in his role coaching the U16s....which he didn't want to do....and then the opportunity to join Pearson at Derby came along

There is no question that he is still well thought of by most of the Academy staff who knew him.  It is the coaches at U18 & U23 level that were 'threatened' by his presence.

(His 2 teenage daughters are indeed both exceptional tennis players (the youngest recently competed in a Wimbledon junior tournament!) which is largely due to his exceptional ability as a coach.....not just a good football coach)

Edited by Foxy-Lady
  • Like 1

On 21/10/2018 at 19:47, Foxy-Lady said:

Absolute Tosh eh?  

So you can categorically tell us all that he wasn't offered the position of Beaglhole's U23 assistant before Ben Petty was appointed - which he turned down because he refused to work under him? AT which point it was made clear to him that there were no other jobs available to him unless he wished to carry on in his role coaching the U16s....which he didn't want to do....and then the opportunity to join Pearson at Derby came along

There is no question that he is still well thought of by most of the Academy staff who knew him.  It is the coaches at U18 & U23 level that were 'threatened' by his presence.

(His 2 teenage daughters are indeed both exceptional tennis players (the youngest recently competed in a Wimbledon junior tournament!) which is largely due to his exceptional ability as a coach.....not just a good football coach)

Yep tosh .

So what does U23's assistant offer got to do with being " forced " out ? No other jobs available means exactly that . Contracts signed by staff ,positions filled , its how it is ? Beaglehole is the U23's manager , so you're saying Inni wanted him " sacked " with the job then given to him ? ? ? ok !! 

Inni would return to the academy, so that tells me something  . Steve and Trev must've been quaking in their boots with Inni's success with the u16's,  plotting his demise because of his success or were they very proud of him ?   Jon Rudkin and co wanted him out because hes a "threat " with his talent ? 

We now have to believe he was that good he was in someway ousted ? ok !!! 

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Interesting argument - can I make the ignorant observation- if he is so good, why is he at Luton ???

I'm guessing that these jobs at top clubs don't come up very often as the coaches for the academy teams tend to stick around even if the manager changes as with Beaglehole.

47 minutes ago, davieG said:

I'm guessing that these jobs at top clubs don't come up very often as the coaches for the academy teams tend to stick around even if the manager changes as with Beaglehole.

surely there are lots of clubs more attractive than luton ???

i stand by my question but do accept your comment